pronounsshe/any
735written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"

I really dislike how many sites are making their rules so strict that we are losing sight of what rp is supposed to be about, which is being creative. The second a site starts telling me what kind of characters I can and cannot make, or straight up just banning certain types of storylines bc they personally dislike it. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I understand that ultimately, itโ€™s their site and they can make up whatever rules or whatever they want. But it concerns me how common it is becoming for sites

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,803written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I need a finishing or touching up characters day. While most of my RP stuff is private, given something public is on the horizon, I want to have stuff ready so I can primarily be role-playing.
242written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
sister ghoul Avatar

I really dislike how many sites are making their rules so strict that we are losing sight of what rp is supposed to be about, which is being creative. The second a site starts telling me what kind of characters I can and cannot make, or straight up just banning certain types of storylines bc they personally dislike it. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I understand that ultimately, itโ€™s their site and they can make up whatever rules or whatever they want. But it concerns me how common it is becoming for sites

From my experience both as a RPer and a site admin, behind every authoritarian admin is a wounded RPer. As in, they're probably the sort of player who early on got soured on the hobby due to having had one too many unpleasant run-ins with godmoders, metagamers and other RPer types who are highly disruptive and not in the positive sort of way. What happens with such people is that they either end up kicking the hobby, or they stay on a "bitter vets" who run their games in a very controlling manner, in order to avoid repeating the experiences from the past that defined the hobby for them.

That, or they approach roleplays like a novel. I.e. They have a grand vision for their site and probably a script in mind regarding an overarching narrative that comes complete with an exposition, buildup and endgame, and don't take particularly well when players look like they may "go off the script."
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
205written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
I hate when I have all these ideas to roleplay with, try writing them down, but then - I have to work. Then by the time I can sit down with the ideas more, my muse has fizzled out. *sigh*
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,348written posts
offlinecurrently
wdym we're 5 months in 2024
Part of the Furniture
wdym we're 5 months in 2024 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
โ€œWhat an idiot,โ€ affectionately is my fav love language
aliasvale
pronounsthey/them, he/him
67written posts
valeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vale
vale Avatar
"Hmm... Are you comfortable talking to me, Itsuki?"
sometimes i wish it felt as easy to write as it is to draw... it's taken So long for me to crank out a single post today while i've been drawing all the while without issue T.T if i could just post a doodle to a forum depicting what my oc does in the rp,
"hello, i'm nazuna nito, a member of ra*bits!"
art credit @ ryoko kui - dungeon meshi official art
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
vale Avatar
sometimes i wish it felt as easy to write as it is to draw... it's taken So long for me to crank out a single post today while i've been drawing all the while without issue T.T if i could just post a doodle to a forum depicting what my oc does in the rp,

people used to do that a lot years ago in rp groups on deviantart. not sure if people still make them tho. i miss it so much. (zzz)
aliasMisty
pronounsshe/her
15written posts
missmistyearned bits
offlinecurrently
missmisty
missmisty Avatar
Bios are the literal worst for me. I just go full head-empty no-thoughts mode when it comes to articulating my characters. I know they're important but my characters exist in my head as just vibes, not words. T_T
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
176written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
I find some characters are easier to write biographies for more than others. Some characters I like to develop as I write them and other characters Iโ€™m fine with already having fleshed out more. Overall I prefer free-style, tbh, due to the ease, and am thankful for "detail optional" being a more common trend -- but there will always be a time and place for detailed biography sites, so I hope they never truly go away even if I don't prefer them

Thinking about how I wrote a detailed character bio for my first time in a while and I actually...enjoyed it, which is not what I expected. It took ... uh, many weeks... for me to actually finish it due to exhaustion and such, and I wouldnโ€™t want to do this frequently, but it did remind me of some of the things I like about detailed bios even if I prefer not to do them (due to the aforementioned taking a long time to complete)

I found one of my oldest character bios Iโ€™ve ever written โ€” from 2008 โ€” recently (love you archive.org) and I have to say: Iโ€™m surprised at the ways in which I havenโ€™t changed compared to my very young self, and happy about the ways I have changed and improved. Iโ€™m only slightly embarrassed by the character, this vicious vampire where all of his family had been killed several times over, which surprised me, and the writing is not as bad as I was anticipating for the age I was at the time

Catscape Meow!
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,803written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I hope that my overhype doesn't startle people sometimes or sometimes my quietness. I sometimes fluctuate from really hyper to quiet since text poorly displays tone and I sometimes worry about messaging too much. I like sending tidbits and brain thoughts about my character's thoughts and actions toward another character. It gets my gears going.
no angel in you
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
276written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
Hoarding problematic men for fun and profit
Chibi Magician Avatar
I hope that my overhype doesn't startle people sometimes or sometimes my quietness. I sometimes fluctuate from really hyper to quiet since text poorly displays tone and I sometimes worry about messaging too much. I like sending tidbits and brain thoughts about my character's thoughts and actions toward another character. It gets my gears going.

sometimes I worry I'm bothering people when they leave me on read for long periods of time, but if they don't tell me...