pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
This is related to a claim in Face Claim confessions staffing we "all" do things like be use filters. I don't. In fact, 99% of the time my graphics for my profiles are just cropped/resized. (I did rotate my av on here to cancel out the rotation in the skin but that's an exception not the rule). Sohow much (or little) do you edit your graphics?
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
264written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
I don't except for crop/resize/rotate

I'm not an artist. If I wanted to do art, I'd go find an art hobby instead of a writing hobby.

The only time I'd consider it is if the claim vs my envisioning of the character is perfect except for specific nonhuman features. (like editing out a claim's nonhuman ears on a human oc) Even then, it's not so much that I'm unhappy with that specific piece of art as I'm "editing" the claim itself.
no angel
aliasโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
pronounszimzala/bim
177written posts
ace.earned bits
offlinecurrently
ace.
ace. Avatar
I took a little piece of your heart, don't hate me.
...a lot. i love making hovers/playing in photoshop.

sometimes i'll change eye color (which is easy), hair color (which is way tougher -- normally i *just nudge the hue a little, e.g. making orange look red), mess with the tilt of the character, add in a bg if the pic was og whitespace, etc.

last edit on Feb 14, 2024 0:41:39 GMT by ace.
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
i tweak a lot of settings. but primarily, i'll edit the levels and mess with the color through filtered gradient layers and hue shifting. i tend to like matching the overall tone of the site i'm using it on.

i don't often recolor or add to the images. but damn, , does your before and after make me want to try more. so awesome.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,337written posts
offlinecurrently
send me a pm for free roblox
Part of the Furniture
send me a pm for free roblox Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
Crop. Grey background. Linear burn/multiply image with opacith adjustnent. Curves.

A few more steps than typical but nothing heavy. Just simple stuff to make it subtle.

Is it good? Who knows lmao.
last edit on Feb 13, 2024 23:47:58 GMT by send me a pm for free roblox
pronounsshe/her
196written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
I'm absolute garbage at this. Resizing and cropping is all I do, and often I'm told I do it wrong.

Luckily I have friends who enjoy making hovers who take pity on me. And who will always notice when I try and sneak in a hover I made myself... and will sigh heavily and fix it. Lmao.
pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
crop. adjust brightness. adjust vibrance. save lmao.

this is the way lol

I feel too uncomfortable doing more than a simple brightness adjustment. I dont want to make the art unrecognizable, because idk, it feels a bit disrespectful for me. Though i understand why people do.

frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,515written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Way more than the result would tell you. I'm exceptionally finicky with graphics and art... and writing... and coding... hhh..., so I'll sit there for half an hour trying to decide between 30 or 35 opacity on something - and then just give up at the end because I can't get everything to look perfect -

I'm so in love with the way the exposure tool on the original Pixlr worked that I use a Flash emulator to boot up the old defunct version. Unfortunately, resizing in Pixlr is terrible and incredibly pixelated - so even a simple resize ends up being a game of finding the correct amount with which to blur the image at it's full size, then the right amount to sharpen it at it's small size to get it looking right and then duplicating the layer and sharpening and erasing and fiddling with opacity and sharpening again until everything looks uniform... HHH.......... Sometimes I just use a different program, Krita, to do the bulk of the work, then do color adjustments in Pixlr, but it's pretty annoying having to keep two programs up for long periods of time.

My recolors are nowhere near as nice as Cae's, but I am... technically... capable of shifting eye colors, or redrawing small portions of pieces to, say, give a character pointed ears where they did not before. The key is to always do it before the resize so the details are harder to see in the li'l icon, sdkfljdhskfjdshfkjsdh.
pronounsAny
536written posts
offlinecurrently
Cropping, resizing, vibrancy/saturation and stuff like that. Not talented enough to color change and too lazy to put energy I donโ€™t have into practicing and learning how.
Sometimes we were meant to meet. Sometimes I wonder where the heck you people came from.
pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven โ˜†earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven โ˜†
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven โ˜† Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
Iโ€™m extremely casual. I just crop.

Though Photopea has been a HUGE help with helping me keep the quality of the images as high as possible while I crop stuff to be 250 by 350โ€ฆ ahahahaโ€ฆ

(I also have a tendency to be extremely picky with choosing the images, so I gotta do it all meself!)

aliasvale
pronounsthey/them, he/him
62written posts
valeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vale
vale Avatar
"Hmm... Are you comfortable talking to me, Itsuki?"
generally, i just crop avatars/graphics + then use the basic filters available on my pc's image editor to make them look more cohesive (ie. making an image slightly warmer/brighter if it matches the rest of my graphics), but i've done some overlay editing to images to change hair + eye colors before! i have a character w/ heterochromia that i use a bunch of official art to depict, so i just... overlay one eye w a different color in photoshop (& end up adding a beauty mark, too, because i'm weak) & tweak it until it looks believable. gacha game cards are Really easy to edit like that
last edit on Feb 20, 2024 21:18:22 GMT by vale
"hello, i'm nazuna nito, a member of ra*bits!"
art credit @ ryoko kui - dungeon meshi official art