2019 RESOLUTIONS

pronounsany pronouns
268written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo...
Okay so this is probs dumb, but I read somewhere if you write down or tell others your resolutions, you're more likely to actually accomplish them. So this thread just ends up me slapping my own resolutions up, so be it, but nevertheless, I'm still interested in hearing of others' goals for the new year.

This is super cheesy. Sue me.

my dumb goals/resolutions for 2019:
• create a skin I'm proud of
• maybe post my coding/graphics/etc publicly so people other than me can actually see/use them
• watch zoolander maybe like at least 50 times
• let go of my dumb, possessive obsession over certain fcs (probs the least likely out of all these)
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Ooooh I actually love the idea of this. To be quite honest, I never really thought about any resolutions until now, but hey, let's do this, yo. Here's to Twenty-Bi-Teen. B)

• watch & finish at least one season of a series I'm starting/in the middle of.
  • work more to develop my writing (maybe?)
  • read at least one (1) book.
  • actually look for a job I tolerate a little more.
  • be a lot less hard on myself? like damn, I'm my biggest bully. throw in some work on my self-confidence there, too.
  • work on making more friends in the rp community. seriously, some of you guys are so heckin' nice, but I'm kind of intimidated to make that approach and find a topic we can both get around freely -- become more personable with some folks. I want to get to know some people past their characters, you know?
  • stop being so self-destructive and running with my proverbial tail between my legs at the sign of things going good. like wth me, get your act together.
  • work on swearing a lot less. or at least keep a fuckometer, to count how many times I use the word fuck or any variation of it. cause man, I use that word a lot.
  • do things to better myself mentally, emotionally, and physically. like last year was such a lazy year for me, I need to get out and do more besides work.
  • try to place above silver in at least one Overwatch competitive season. in addition, become an unstoppable Ashe main.
  • manage to get into a debate/argument and not cry. like bitch, these waterworks need to stop. they're closed for the year.
  • make food at home a lot more. this takeout nearly everyday business is both unhealthy and can get expensive.
  • uhhhHHHHHhhhh, I'll probably add to this more at a later time (or not.) good luck to us all here!
last edit on Jan 2, 2019 22:04:53 GMT by Deleted
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
ever on and on, i continue circling
oman, i have so many but i'll keep it short-ish

- learn more coding languages
- actually finish a skin for jcink
- learn how to skin for proboards
- get a job, move into my first apartment, and get a car
- lose weight and be more conscious of my health
- actually get good at mtg
- start a youtube channel and write a book
- actually pursue my creative career goals
- finish something, anything really
- make a site
- leave 2018 behind me and move forward
- be happy
Army-Crushing Star
pronounsSey/Sem
274written posts
Benetnaschearned bits
offlinecurrently
Benetnasch
Benetnasch Avatar
All my attempts to rp end in failure, so now I'm a solo act.

• More cardio! Being upstairs makes that hard, but the apartments I've been looking at have fitness centers, unlike my current one.
  • Driving lessons.
  • Getting a better/less stressful job. Fuck Walmart.
  • I wanna be able to afford a nice knife this year, damn it. A kukri, if possible. Or a real stiletto. Or both?
  • Get published or die trying.
  • Finish some of the stories I've started, maybe even write a book, but we'll see.
  • Therapy, now that I actually have insurance.
  • Invest in a record player so my vinyl copy of Shadowrun: Dragonfall's OST does more than look pretty. But also so I can justify acquiring more records
  • Are these resolutions or just goals?
  • Clear out my gaming and Netflix backlog.
pronounshe/him
877written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost

• finish some of my mf fics before writing more of them :|
  • and update some of the existing ones while im at it lol
  • finish all these video games i got lying around
  • get a permanent job cause im a slacker who needs money
  • graduate from community college already
  • stay super awesome 8-)
last edit on Mar 14, 2020 7:36:09 GMT by Desmond Miles

Now serving!
aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
616written posts
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒earned bits
offlinecurrently
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
Part of the Furniture
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.

i don't really make resolutions cos i am awful at maintaining them or sometimes even remembering them, but here are a few that i've come up with:

[/b] to my limits. i often push myself past them to help people out and make others happy, but i need to learn to put myself first sometimes.

- generally learn to love myself more. and not in a dramatic sense. i have terrible self-esteem so i want to slowly but deeply fall in love with me.

- learn / practice a language. probably brush up on my spanish since the lord n my whole fam knows i need it. but also maybe touch onto another? i wanna learn many things so i need to make a schedule and stick to it.

- either quit my job cold turkey or find one that'll actually value me as a person more and just dip. life is too short to be miserable at a store i fuckin hate.

- finally cut off all the toxic people i've been letting hang on by a string. they ain't shit so why am i letting them stick around?

- generally, learn that it is okay to exist and take up space. i make myself very small and inconvenience myself bc i don't think i'm worth it. dear me: ur fuckin worth it all. get it thru ur head pls.[/ul]

in all my goals are mostly growth for myself. like... i'm 25 already. it's about time i begin the journey of self acceptance.

[/div][/font][/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]
    pronounsgoddess
    454written posts
    pixie pieearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    pixie pie
    pixie pie Avatar
    • Try to stop holding myself to unrealistic standards / expectations.
    • Try to stick to things I start - despite how other people might feel.
    • Get rid of things I don't need to hold onto - including subscriptions of things I don't need.
    • Stop my incessant spending - again - on things I don't need.
    • Be more frugal this year overall.
    • Learn to be happy with what I have instead of wanting more just to have more.
    • Do things that make ME happy instead of just doing it to make others happy.

etch o' sketch
    aliasyung ecchi god
    pronounsshe/they
    149written posts
    yung ecchiearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    yung ecchi
    yung ecchi Avatar
    you and i are gonna live forever.
    - Late 2018 I realized it feels good to take care of myself. Let’s roll that over into this year. 2019 is my year of just giving a shit about me and knowing I’m gorgeous & worth the trouble 💅🏼

- Be a better me than I was last year!

- Try to stop flaking on sites and actually settle down somewhere, maybe?

- Make new rp friends & rl friends!
    local boogeyman
    aliasbex, jeepers cats
    pronounsshe/any
    718written posts
    spooky johnsonearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    spooky johnson
    Part of the Furniture
    spooky johnson Avatar
    they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
    - learn to drive (yikes)
    - eat better
    - lose some weight maybe
    - read 100 books (that's my goodreads challenge anyway)
    - competently skin

the endless hunt
    aliasleto, blobert, crow
    pronounshe / they
    1,361written posts
    ullaearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    ulla
    Administrator
    ulla Avatar
    in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

dear 2019 me,

• reach out to your friends more. i know we suck at communication, but lets try to start being more mindful.

• those exercise goals we set a little bit ago? make that one a reality, even if it's only once or twice a week. sleep was not great for you in 2018 so lets do everything we can to help 2019 out.

• be nice to yourself, especially about school. i know it's hard, but you don't need to be perfect to pass. don't shoot yourself down for the little mistakes, keep the big picture in mind.

• believe in yourself because you deserve it. stop holding yourself to the picture that others have painted of you or the places others thing you should be.

• start looking to the future and doing the things you've been putting off regarding it. you've already started networking a bit, and cities aren't built in a day. baby steps.

• put your foot down about your gender, your name. "they love and support me, but they just don't get it" isn't good enough anymore. you deserve to feel safe and supported under your pronouns and your name.

• remember you are loved always. even when the world feels like it's ending.
    0written posts
    Deletedearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    Deleted
    Deleted Avatar

• Pointless argue less, block or move on more.
    • Resume working out, especially post-move: find a park or gym.
    • 2018, I read 37 books. Read 38+ in 2019.
    • Do a better job maintaining the beard. Don't let it get wild again.
    • Make good use out of the fact I'll have my own kitchen soon. Make really good use.
    • Love my friends and girlfriend more <3
    write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW