phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,370written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
Desmond Miles Avatar
well obvs leafeon needed a friend and!!! you got one!!

he already had a friend though, i have eevee at home too ;;;;;;

(honestly i'm not mega disappointed, it means i don't have to watch the sylveon online restock like a hawk + won't have to do the restuffing song-and-dance with her at the cost of missing the online-only pajamas, which i wasn't super enthusiastic about anyway + more wanted for collecting purposes than because i legit wanted 'em, but still, that was $60 bucks i wasn't expecting to spend yesterday ;;;;;;; )

Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
need to find more sites. thought I had one, but they required you to talk to an admin if your plot affected more than your character, wtf.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
was discussing with a rl friend who used to rp and we got into the conversation about Mary Sues and Gary Stus. sometimes I miss seeing them, I won't lie, they made me laugh. and then we got into the convo about how some folks take their character(s)/plots too seriously. like it's cool to be passionate about something, but it feels like sometimes the passion comes off as a stuffiness, especially towards folks not involved in the "plot"/"development" of one's oc.

Idkidk it's just something to think about ig. this isn't directed at any particular person/people/site/whathaveyou, so please don't try to read into it too much.
last edit on Feb 3, 2023 22:30:18 GMT by Deleted
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
integrity Avatar
Extra Dimensional Cat Avatar
imgbb has been down for a long ass time…
it makes me cry :') *sniffles*

does anybody know any good alternatives?

i always post my pictures on a private discord and use that link
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
434written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
I wonder when I'll be able to be part of the furniture. Maybe one day...

If I were a piece of furniture, I feel like I'd be a lawn chair because I easily fold ahigoepawi
aliaswitch
pronounsShe/Her
52written posts
witching hourearned bits
onlinecurrently
witching hour
witching hour Avatar
Who even codes jcink sites anymore, need coder. I would try to learn it but my old ass brain still types [ b] instead of <b> on the daily. Back in my day thats all we need soab.
last edit on Feb 4, 2023 7:00:06 GMT by witching hour
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,370written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
witching hour Avatar
Who even codes jcink sites anymore, need coder. I would try to learn it but my old ass brain still types [ b] instead of <b> on the daily. Back in my day thats all we need soab.

assuming this is a legitimate question rather than a less serious call into the void, uh.

the theoretical answer? jcink coders primarily went into the real life community and largely out of free-for-use public releases. the shortest summary i can go into for both of these things is more or less.... real life is a bigger community than animanga is + it by-and-large just moved to jcink with v5's release rather than splitting down the middle the way animanga did; as a result, you have both more coders that exist there + more that cater specifically to jcink. the coding community has also shifted as the forum-based roleplay memberbase has aged, meaning that the vast majority of non-personal-use skins offered up are being sold as opposed to posted as a free-to-use resource, while posting templates are either increasingly being made obsolete (such as shippers moving into profiles + the application process or thread trackers being integrated into profile pages) or being bundled as matching templates for specific skins rather than general templates for general use (though some are offered as sets made for a certain skin that you can also purchase separately). there's other factors involved too, imo, but i think this is the quickest possible explanation i can give for why it is that there's so few animanga coders currently posting new free-to-use resources (as opposed to sticking to personal projects only or selling their coding via commission work + "general use" premades).

the practical answer? try cttw for free-for-use jcink templates + skins; they also have some guides intended to help new coders + skinners (though idk how useful it will be, depending on your base knowledge of html + css) as well as a "code marketplace" where a lot of coders link out to their shops and such. tumblr seems to be where a lot of coders have their portfolios for their shops (though idk how good they are at putting stuff in tags) with payhip being used for payment (since i think it can do partial payments upon completion of certain milestones, for commission work); this is where you're gonna find any "pay-to-use" premades or coders accepting commissions, i think (and if there's somewhere else the coders have gone now, hey, someone please correct me, it'd be good information to include).

and if that was just a call into the void, uh. my bad, i hope someone else finds this helpful asdfjkl;
last edit on Feb 4, 2023 17:46:03 GMT by Kuroya

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW