aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
the thought of thanksgiving dinner being ruined because the person that went to get the turkey got kidnapped along the way is actually pretty funny.

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
807written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
yuan Avatar
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar

it is really nice to not feel like you're gonna get your hands bitten off for poking around in skin coding to test things/gain knowledge regarding features.

i know and understand that coding is sacred to people, but at the same time... co-admining is a joint effort, and i'd also like to be able to handle basic things/be able to help update so its not just one big burden on one person's shoulders.

anyway. it is very nice. getting it right feels good, too.

tbh the only way you can learn how people did certain techniques is to look at the source code. it's the execution that matters. if you're just c/p'ing strings of code and not actively trying to remember how to write those codes, then it becomes a problem. but when you're just poking around and using ctrl z... i see no issue in it.
piggybacking off of what lua said, it's about your intent that actually matters. if it weren't for people like neko, thunderstruck and others, i never would have learned how to do squat. it really irritates me that people have conveniently seemed to have forgotten how they learned to code when it comes to the new generation of people wanting to learn and they go and gatekeep things like resources, or just pretend that they did not or don't right click inspect sites to see how someone did something. it's dishonest and frankly, lame to lie about it. it discourages people who are still learning and it just makes you look like an elitist. 
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,549written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
profit of doom Avatar
yuan Avatar
tbh the only way you can learn how people did certain techniques is to look at the source code. it's the execution that matters. if you're just c/p'ing strings of code and not actively trying to remember how to write those codes, then it becomes a problem. but when you're just poking around and using ctrl z... i see no issue in it.
piggybacking off of what lua said, it's about your intent that actually matters. if it weren't for people like neko, thunderstruck and others, i never would have learned how to do squat. it really irritates me that people have conveniently seemed to have forgotten how they learned to code when it comes to the new generation of people wanting to learn and they go and gatekeep things like resources, or just pretend that they did not or don't right click inspect sites to see how someone did something. it's dishonest and frankly, lame to lie about it. it discourages people who are still learning and it just makes you look like an elitist. 

in 10 years i expect we’ll have to continuing arguing abt this 😔

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
550written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
profit of doom Avatar
yuan Avatar

hard agree. to add my own tidbit to the conversation, it is very difficult for me to see a logic reason for people to gatekeep or not share certain codes with each other. every reason i've seen thrown out is as weak as an overcooked spaghetti noodle between my fingertips.

like the biggest one... stealing? from the coding languages i know (html, css, python) and even human language, there are not an infinite amount of ways you can go about constructing things. there are billions of people in the world and there will be inevitable overlap. even if you are the first to construct something, it is likely you will not be the last.

i don't even see anything wrong in copy-pasting strings of code or remembering how to write certain code. the latter is arguably how you learn how to do those things in the first place. if i had to re-learn how to duplicate a technique or functionality code every time i wrote it, i'd ask the gods above to take me home. most code that you're looking for was already figured out. even if i did all of my code from scratch, there is likely one other person out there that did it nearly the same as me.

now, stealing code to take a whole visual design or concept for your own is wrong. sometimes even with proper credit. but that's a whole 'nother conversation.

regardless, shout out to the one of many creators in this community, fizzyelf, for making some of the most revolutionary jcink functionality codes i've found thus far public and free-to-use.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,549written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
porsef Avatar
regardless, shout out to the one of many creators in this community, fizzyelf, for making some of the most revolutionary jcink functionality codes i've found thus far public and free-to-use.

i went to my laptop for this but i highly recommend jcink owners to check out jcodes too as cory has very functional codes useful for rping too. what's great is that he'll literally code you anything you need to adjust to your site

here are some of my bookmarks:

post tags this is good for content warning. it can be finnicky depending on where you want it but cory has no qualms adjusting it as long as you link your site. i had mine modified so that you hover it to reveal the tags

username colors on recent topic list this is for aesthetics but you can style the username further according to usergroup

post bookmarks love this function. haven't styled it properly but it's the star you see in the ss above

topic icons i improvised and used this for topicrow tags lol. even works with images. (you'll have to check page 5 for the specific code that uses the one in the ss)

bunch of coding heroes, all of them
last edit on Nov 23, 2023 1:50:10 GMT by very mommy

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
the chalk prince
aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
978written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
porsef Avatar
like the biggest one... stealing? from the coding languages i know (html, css, python) and even human language, there are not an infinite amount of ways you can go about constructing things. there are billions of people in the world and there will be inevitable overlap. even if you are the first to construct something, it is likely you will not be the last.
a-hecking-men!!!
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
807written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
when a fic you’d otherwise be down to clown for is written in the second person 🥴
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW