offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
very mommy Avatar
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
I have a controversial opinion.

Before I get into it though - please note this is very general and I am not talking about anyone in particular.

I see people often talk about the negative aspects of rp and how the partners are too passive or the anxiety prevents them from initiating conversations or plots or causing a lack of communication. Yeah, that can be bad. But I hardly ever see the flip side mentioned?

I have had past experiences and have heard of others having them where I was expected to be so social and communicative that it felt far too demanding. If I didn’t dump paragraphs of plot ideas or dm a person every day, it was considered rude or that I wasn’t putting enough effort in to maintain relationships.

Yes - rp is inherently social. Yes - lack of communication is detrimental. But so are overtly demanding expectations.

But if i have to dump paragraphs of gushing or even just indulge people with having conversations daily - to “prove” I’m still interested - that’s also just not right?

Even social butterflies will have periods of time they don’t feel like talking.

So while the “not enough” is often addressed, people also need to accept that “too much” also exists and not treat it as a myth.

This is all coming from someone who struggles with “are my threads interesting or are people too nice”, so I get it. But sometimes people are just having a lull, or a bad day, and it isn’t personal even if it feels like it.

Everyone’s social batteries are different, too.

It shouldn’t be controversial, honestly. It should be normalized, and this may sound weird because I know it’s my thread that prompted this. So to clarify, in my circumstances at least, my rp partners just suddenly _stopped_. We never had long back and forth discussions. I never try to be their friend. I don’t expect them to reply asap to me… But IDK, there were just small details. Regardless, people experience that stuff differently. I know that I’m not normally one to care about this so I can’t really speak for the exp of others.

With that said, i have been on the other side, although idk if this particular instance would count bc the person turned out to he a lying pos. Anyway, our characters were a pairing in canon but not in the reincarnated setting. They kept sending ship pics and wanting to talk abt stuff. I replied whenever i want, just being chill. I thought we were cool. But apparently not, and after they trauma dumped to me about a bad exp with shipping before, i was honest and said i’m not interested in talking about the ship. I just liked it more if we focus on what’s happening in the setting. I dont want to talk about the fandom the way they do and… we’re not friends. It’s not that i dont wannt rp or thread but i have other things to do basically lmao

It seemed like they understood but apparently they started talking behind my back, trying to pit us staff against each other, and twisting my word about how i “dont like my character” (my exact word was his not my fav character from the series) and just overall guilt tripping me to dropping him. Came close honestly if not for this reveal.

So yeah. I think this is an extreme case of a vampiric rper who has nothing else to do and wants everything to go their way. But in general, i do let people know i love and am invested in the thread. If they’re not satisfied, why, i can easily write 1k why lol. Which is usually how i start with plotting lmao. If people think im not interested when i spew shit, idk what else to say
i have a lot of experience with this also, and it's extremely frustrating. i think a lot of the time, people use anxiety as an excuse- which i do think is probably a controversial opinion but i don't really care lmao. as someone who also has anxiety, it can be intimidating or whatever to talk to people- but ultimately it's something you just have to get over and that's something that is fundamentally what we have to do with anxiety anyway. i think we as people (and i'm not talking about our community now, i mean just kind of the like, mental health community online in large) are so caught up in validating everyone that we forget that anxiety is quite literally a disorder where 90% of the time our feelings are not valid and it's actively holding us back from doing things. take it from someone who's 27 fucking years old and cannot drive bc getting behind the wheel causes them to freak out. i think people use their mental health as an excuse so that others do all the emotional work for them, like feral was talking about imo. that might be a controversial statement, but having experienced it time and time again, it's something i've come to feel strongly about
pronounshe/him
793written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
man i'm a social butterfly and i don't even dm every thread partner every day. anyone expecting that from me needs to understand that they're not the center of my world. i wouldn't even have deep conversations with my ex girlfriend every day when i was busy.

i just expect posts at a reasonable pace, and for someone else to put the effort in to think of a place threads could go. you don't have to squeal to me about it, just. idk. have ideas at all. i don't think it's unreasonable to ask that someone put the effort where it actually counts: the writing in a hobby about writing.
last edit on Nov 22, 2023 18:25:42 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
very mommy Avatar
definitely jealousy. it's normally cringe to say people have been jealous of me but oh boy. people have been ugly jealous for weird reasons. it's not something that crossed my mind during it, but only after. like, looking back, "oh so that's why they suddenly barged in to talk among themselves when someone was complmenting me" or a friend of theirs and I being in the middle of a discussion they were not part of and they have to one-up me about how they know that friend's character more.

I'm sorry but this is a whole god damn mood.

pronounshe/him
907written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
ink Avatar
i'm trying to put more vegetables into my diet but they just don't taste good ;______________;

it’s like “damn im almost 30 and still dont eat enough veggies, i should change that!” cause what if maybe they taste good now? and then they DONT like wtf are we doin
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,549written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
I dreamed i was a knight working with that stoic bodyguard from the greatest estate developer i was talking about and we were being invaded with little to no hope. But thankfully the protag had this plan to encircle them and after some pathetic irl graphics of throwing rocks at their army, we “calmly killed” (the was the descriptiob of the “option”) their horses, destroying their army

But they came again this time attacking from the canal where there is a sacred culture where you can pass if the eagle allows you. Youre not allowed to attack if the eagle lets you and so the enemy commander, who was a former ally but has joined the revolt, was able to pass thne idk soenhow we were in a room now also the royal got arrogant cause us knights were the one helping them

Then suddenly it shifts to a group of people doing a thesis although im still a knight and we gained renowed for what we did and then there was mimikyu using shadow sneak, a move from pokemo n unite that allows it to teleport behind a pkmn and it keeps porting to talk to us through the venasaur in front and asking something philosophical but we hate mimikyu it’s a menace in ranked matches

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
662written posts
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒earned bits
offlinecurrently
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
Part of the Furniture
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.

it is really nice to not feel like you're gonna get your hands bitten off for poking around in skin coding to test things/gain knowledge regarding features.

i know and understand that coding is sacred to people, but at the same time... co-admining is a joint effort, and i'd also like to be able to handle basic things/be able to help update so its not just one big burden on one person's shoulders.

anyway. it is very nice. getting it right feels good, too.

the chalk prince
aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
978written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar

it is really nice to not feel like you're gonna get your hands bitten off for poking around in skin coding to test things/gain knowledge regarding features.

i know and understand that coding is sacred to people, but at the same time... co-admining is a joint effort, and i'd also like to be able to handle basic things/be able to help update so its not just one big burden on one person's shoulders.

anyway. it is very nice. getting it right feels good, too.

tbh the only way you can learn how people did certain techniques is to look at the source code. it's the execution that matters. if you're just c/p'ing strings of code and not actively trying to remember how to write those codes, then it becomes a problem. but when you're just poking around and using ctrl z... i see no issue in it.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,549written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
More ppl posting here means i get to have more random thoughts

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】