550written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
Salmon Avatar
My will and drive to write has dwindled over the years. After one bout of drama after another and a whole lot of other stuff I just. Don’t want to anymore. I like building ideas and lore and whatnot but I genuinely cannot find the desire to actively write anymore. I don’t think realising that I essentially have a shelf life before people start getting bored of my presence helps me at all but here we are

pretty much in the same boat. i think the last bouts of drama i saw / was involved in in addition to how badly i was ignored despite my efforts was my last straw.

regardless, i think private/semi-private spaces or writing by yourself, for yourself is the move.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,550written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
“I’m Sick of Drama Staff Forces On Me, So I Am Making My Own Site” is the title of my latest isekai

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
802written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
oh, i leave quite an impression; five feet, to be exact.
the fact i can buy a new high end laptop for video games as a birthday gift to myself in less than a month, along with planning out an out of town vacation with my coworkers, is not smth i expected from my life earlier this year, but here we are. uni student me would have wept at the thought

2023 rlly was the year of personal achievements and forward momentum huh
last edit on Nov 21, 2023 23:57:24 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,550written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
ace. Avatar
there's no archetype more perfect than the stoic bodyguard tbvh
i don't know the context of this but i recently got into the greatest estate developer and it has the "stoic bodyguard" as the deuteragonist and the best parts about it is when he's not-so-stoic (though still stoic even with all the development, which is impressive). 

pronounsAny
578written posts
offlinecurrently
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁
Part of the Furniture
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
I have a controversial opinion.

Before I get into it though - please note this is very general and I am not talking about anyone in particular.

I see people often talk about the negative aspects of rp and how the partners are too passive or the anxiety prevents them from initiating conversations or plots or causing a lack of communication. Yeah, that can be bad. But I hardly ever see the flip side mentioned?

I have had past experiences and have heard of others having them where I was expected to be so social and communicative that it felt far too demanding. If I didn’t dump paragraphs of plot ideas or dm a person every day, it was considered rude or that I wasn’t putting enough effort in to maintain relationships.

Yes - rp is inherently social. Yes - lack of communication is detrimental. But so are overtly demanding expectations.

But if i have to dump paragraphs of gushing or even just indulge people with having conversations daily - to “prove” I’m still interested - that’s also just not right?

Even social butterflies will have periods of time they don’t feel like talking.

So while the “not enough” is often addressed, people also need to accept that “too much” also exists and not treat it as a myth.

This is all coming from someone who struggles with “are my threads interesting or are people too nice”, so I get it. But sometimes people are just having a lull, or a bad day, and it isn’t personal even if it feels like it.

Everyone’s social batteries are different, too.
last edit on Nov 22, 2023 4:21:52 GMT by 𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁

sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,550written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
I have a controversial opinion.

Before I get into it though - please note this is very general and I am not talking about anyone in particular.

I see people often talk about the negative aspects of rp and how the partners are too passive or the anxiety prevents them from initiating conversations or plots or causing a lack of communication. Yeah, that can be bad. But I hardly ever see the flip side mentioned?

I have had past experiences and have heard of others having them where I was expected to be so social and communicative that it felt far too demanding. If I didn’t dump paragraphs of plot ideas or dm a person every day, it was considered rude or that I wasn’t putting enough effort in to maintain relationships.

Yes - rp is inherently social. Yes - lack of communication is detrimental. But so are overtly demanding expectations.

But if i have to dump paragraphs of gushing or even just indulge people with having conversations daily - to “prove” I’m still interested - that’s also just not right?

Even social butterflies will have periods of time they don’t feel like talking.

So while the “not enough” is often addressed, people also need to accept that “too much” also exists and not treat it as a myth.

This is all coming from someone who struggles with “are my threads interesting or are people too nice”, so I get it. But sometimes people are just having a lull, or a bad day, and it isn’t personal even if it feels like it.

Everyone’s social batteries are different, too.

It shouldn’t be controversial, honestly. It should be normalized, and this may sound weird because I know it’s my thread that prompted this. So to clarify, in my circumstances at least, my rp partners just suddenly _stopped_. We never had long back and forth discussions. I never try to be their friend. I don’t expect them to reply asap to me… But IDK, there were just small details. Regardless, people experience that stuff differently. I know that I’m not normally one to care about this so I can’t really speak for the exp of others.

With that said, i have been on the other side, although idk if this particular instance would count bc the person turned out to he a lying pos. Anyway, our characters were a pairing in canon but not in the reincarnated setting. They kept sending ship pics and wanting to talk abt stuff. I replied whenever i want, just being chill. I thought we were cool. But apparently not, and after they trauma dumped to me about a bad exp with shipping before, i was honest and said i’m not interested in talking about the ship. I just liked it more if we focus on what’s happening in the setting. I dont want to talk about the fandom the way they do and… we’re not friends. It’s not that i dont wannt rp or thread but i have other things to do basically lmao

It seemed like they understood but apparently they started talking behind my back, trying to pit us staff against each other, and twisting my word about how i “dont like my character” (my exact word was his not my fav character from the series) and just overall guilt tripping me to dropping him. Came close honestly if not for this reveal.

So yeah. I think this is an extreme case of a vampiric rper who has nothing else to do and wants everything to go their way. But in general, i do let people know i love and am invested in the thread. If they’re not satisfied, why, i can easily write 1k why lol. Which is usually how i start with plotting lmao. If people think im not interested when i spew shit, idk what else to say
last edit on Nov 22, 2023 5:26:20 GMT by very mommy

pronounsAny
578written posts
offlinecurrently
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁
Part of the Furniture
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
very mommy Avatar
It shouldn’t be controversial, honestly. It should be normalized, and this may sound weird because I know it’s my thread that prompted this. So to clarify, in my circumstances at least, my rp partners just suddenly _stopped_. We never had long back and forth discussions. I never try to be their friend. I don’t expect them to reply asap to me… But IDK, there were just small details. Regardless, people experience that stuff differently. I know that I’m not normally one to care about this so I can’t really speak for the exp of others.

Oh no, I get it. I just have many issues with the community in general despite loving it - but all I ever really seem to see talked about is the “everyone sucks at communicating or taking initiative to plot” and that’s it.

I don’t see the opposite addressed.

I rarely see the weird competitiveness addressed either?

I am used to seeing people writing more actively and ship with people they are closer to and trust more, but every once in a while it seems people will get weird about it. I’m here to have fun - I’m not interested in having a competition over who posts the most, or the longest, or has the most ships under their belt. So sometimes when someone suddenly pops up and gets weird because a close friend and I have too many threads or ships out of the blue - it just…feels wrong?

I especially never turn away plots or threads with other people - so I’m not intentionally being exclusive — but I’m also not a mind-reader and can’t tell if someone wants something and doesn’t speak up, which is another problem entirely. It sometimes feels like people expect others to automatically know what their personal expectations are or expect people to be able to read the room so to speak, of someone they hardly know — and in turn wouldn’t know the mannerisms or preferences of.

I will also agree that there are some rather horribly mannered people scattered about, but I feel part of that has been fed by that weird competitiveness and random…jealousy? If that’s the right phrase.

sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,550written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
very mommy Avatar

I will also agree that there are some rather horribly mannered people scattered about, but I feel part of that has been fed by that weird competitiveness and random…jealousy? If that’s the right phrase.
definitely jealousy. it's normally cringe to say people have been jealous of me but oh boy. people have been ugly jealous for weird reasons. it's not something that crossed my mind during it, but only after. like, looking back, "oh so that's why they suddenly barged in to talk among themselves when someone was complmenting me" or a friend of theirs and I being in the middle of a discussion they were not part of and they have to one-up me about how they know that friend's character more.
last edit on Nov 22, 2023 6:50:28 GMT by very mommy

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW