bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
traveller Avatar
Lloydy Avatar
According to the official American Kennel Club book and site, Poodles are often associated with France because they love the breed, but the breed originated in Germany as duck hunters. The German word "pudelin" refers to splashing in water. That is where the name Poodle comes from. 
Guess it's gonna come down to whether you believe the American Kennel Club or the French one on this point, I think. If you check their website here, it says: "Country of origin: France", saying it's descended from the barbet breed.

So...I think it's not weird people won't believe you when you claim they're from Germany.

suspect that the answer is a little bit of both. a lot of european dogs are not exclusively one originating country or the other - making that kind of differentiation becomes exercise in technicalities. also, common naming of dog breeds is not always a particularly great indicator of origination. example, great danes are hilariously named given that their primary breeding originated from english and german boar dogs - but were named as such for essentially marketing appeal reasons
last edit on May 25, 2024 19:56:19 GMT by bc
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
bc Avatar
traveller Avatar
Guess it's gonna come down to whether you believe the American Kennel Club or the French one on this point, I think. If you check their website here, it says: "Country of origin: France", saying it's descended from the barbet breed.

So...I think it's not weird people won't believe you when you claim they're from Germany.
suspect that the answer is a little bit of both. a lot of european dogs are not exclusively one originating country or the other - making that kind of differentiation becomes exercise in technicalities. also, common naming of dog breeds is not always a particularly great indicator of origination. example, great danes are hilariously named given that their primary breeding originated from english and german boar dogs - but were named as such for essentially marketing appeal reasons
They're called "caniche" in French too, so I don't feel like we can rely on what we call them in English to determine whether the dog originated from France or Germany.
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
ditto become human Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
Crying and emotional over “unscented trails” not for the feint of heart and i hate the haters I LOVE IT I GET THE STORY like i get it wont be people’s cup of tea BUT IT SMINE I HAVE SPECIFIC REASONS WHY TOO AND UGHHHHHHHHHHH i am gonna hunt how to tel the author that i love their work

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
aliasvale
pronounsthey/them, he/him
71written posts
valeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vale
vale Avatar
"Hmm... Are you comfortable talking to me, Itsuki?"
my eyes.... so dry.......... im stranded in the middle of the desert (bundled up in a blanket on my bed)
"hello, i'm nazuna nito, a member of ra*bits!"
art credit @ ryoko kui - dungeon meshi official art
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
Realization im reading through so many manhwa as much as i did manga back in mangafox when i was in high school

sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
i hate tgat i am caught up with debut or die

Why must i equally suffdr when reading a finished work or an ongoing work

aliasvale
pronounsthey/them, he/him
71written posts
valeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vale
vale Avatar
"Hmm... Are you comfortable talking to me, Itsuki?"
just had a successful procedure done & thought it was real easy... but now that i'm at night 2 of recovery i'm getting really bruised and sore all of a sudden... i was so excited to get to post again :pensive:
"hello, i'm nazuna nito, a member of ra*bits!"
art credit @ ryoko kui - dungeon meshi official art
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW