write a reply

Post a Random Thought

pronounshe + him
157written posts
Gonzoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Gonzo
Gonzo Avatar
it has, truly, been a roundabout path...
Phantasm Avatar
I've been wanting to make one for a while now! 100% a great series for RPing in my mind. So much you can do - and IMO it's a great one for having some kind of (probably light) stats and mechanics.
i personally don't care for (and am often scared by) stats. i can build a dark souls character and my smt protags, but those are the only two situations where i care for stats lol. imo freeform is much more fun. as long as you make sure nobody gets out of hand and seems too powerful ic i find it far more compelling since the battle can be narrative based and not who has the bigger numbers.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Gonzo Avatar
Phantasm Avatar
I've been wanting to make one for a while now! 100% a great series for RPing in my mind. So much you can do - and IMO it's a great one for having some kind of (probably light) stats and mechanics.
i personally don't care for (and am often scared by) stats. i can build a dark souls character and my smt protags, but those are the only two situations where i care for stats lol. imo freeform is much more fun. as long as you make sure nobody gets out of hand and seems too powerful ic i find it far more compelling since the battle can be narrative based and not who has the bigger numbers.

I do freeform and stats, so I just feel the need to defend stats here. If that's what's determining the narrative then you're playing on a site with a bad system. Stats can bring a lot to sites when they're done well, but too many people use them as a a post incentive or to keep things ~fair~ which tends to result in really bad systems. A good system won't stranglehold the narrative, but rather is a tool to help guide it.

Not that there's anything wrong with freeform either, they're both fun imo.
the eldritch truth
pronounsHe/Him
1,102written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
Kitten4u Avatar
Gonzo Avatar
I do freeform and stats, so I just feel the need to defend stats here. If that's what's determining the narrative then you're playing on a site with a bad system. Stats can bring a lot to sites when they're done well, but too many people use them as a a post incentive or to keep things ~fair~ which tends to result in really bad systems. A good system won't stranglehold the narrative, but rather is a tool to help guide it.

Not that there's anything wrong with freeform either, they're both fun imo.

I’ve been reading through TG again and now I want to create something like this.

I think a blend of freeform and goal-post style stats could be good.

Either way, with enough work I think that it could be a good site - the audience wouldn’t be massive, but if it’s true to the spirit of the series and well constructed then it’d have dedicated members and that’s really the best thing to have imo.

I’d probably backburner something like that rn, but I’ve been brainstorming some fun Cannibalism & Insanity systems~
pronounsany pronouns
283written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
me: compliment me compliment me compliment me compliment me coMPLIMENT ME COMPLI—

someone: ///compliments me

me: ...

me: ... [insert overwhelmed internal screaming here]

me: ... take it back.

last edit on Nov 9, 2018 7:23:37 GMT by forte
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW