aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,549written posts
offlinecurrently
butch knight 🗣️🗣️🗣️
Part of the Furniture
butch knight 🗣️🗣️🗣️ Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
my mom talking about i prefer men sportswear and my sister talking about how to hide my boobs and im just quietly munching with my secret

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,549written posts
offlinecurrently
butch knight 🗣️🗣️🗣️
Part of the Furniture
i'm not rpign anywhere atm but i still feel this

aliasraisin
pronounsshur
90written posts
reisenearned bits
offlinecurrently
reisen
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
reisen Avatar
reisen Avatar
okay, i take it back

the forum scene is alive and kicking, let's jump into some premades y'all

I have no beef with the subject and I debated whether I should respond to this. The whole subject about forum rp being dead appears to get brought up in a very aggravating manner that doesn’t make anyone happy. It seems more so a venting than any desire for a discussion. In the first place, and I mean no offense to you, saying “rping is dead” without context in an rp community site will only appear hostile. It can even appear as troll baiting, and it got the exact desire of illiciting reactions.

Secondly, I think people should be aware that “x is dead” is very vague. We all have different definitions and borderlines about it, hence why everyone’s reactions seem to point to extreme.

I agree with Neko in that this just isn’t going anywhere with how the topic is cropping. It’s only making everyone unhappy with each other and the situation.

My personal side is that everyone is being silly and too serious. But I also understand that the feelings of frustration are genuine for them. It’s easy to be more callous being older now, but I do recognize now that invalidating how others feel is no better than what I always hated being treated. Even if I don’t agree with it.

Anyway, what I want to say is, I’m sorry you’re frustrated. I’m starting to feel a bit sad seeing this unfold. I hope you feel better soon.

the rpc community is suffering because:

• many sites have too high aesthetic standards (skins, templates and character graphics. lookin at a site right now that asks for 6 graphics for a profile!!! crazy!)
  • there are bad faith actors deliberately causing problems. when you've seen people actually sit on "canon positions" just for the sake of denying other people, or "sniping" face claims: this is where the line draws.
  • no "mega" sites in half a year: whether you like them or not, these large rp sites always get swamped with new people for various reasons who then diffuse later into other communities

by the way, just so I'm not entirely negative these are cool trends that are popping up or resurfacing lately on sites I've seen or joined. these are what we want to see more of:

• canon positions. we love dat sh. everyone wants to feel powerful and important, so make more of them
  • store goodies. i love these! i actually made 125 posts on my last big site to afford a stupid fomo badge
  • discord digests. by this i mean publishing information on discord that actually involves people and announces new plot developments. felt like it personally convinced me to push for plots just to have my name up there

you make a site with that and i'll take all the dead crap back

sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,549written posts
offlinecurrently
butch knight 🗣️🗣️🗣️
Part of the Furniture
reisen Avatar
I have no beef with the subject and I debated whether I should respond to this. The whole subject about forum rp being dead appears to get brought up in a very aggravating manner that doesn’t make anyone happy. It seems more so a venting than any desire for a discussion. In the first place, and I mean no offense to you, saying “rping is dead” without context in an rp community site will only appear hostile. It can even appear as troll baiting, and it got the exact desire of illiciting reactions.

Secondly, I think people should be aware that “x is dead” is very vague. We all have different definitions and borderlines about it, hence why everyone’s reactions seem to point to extreme.

I agree with Neko in that this just isn’t going anywhere with how the topic is cropping. It’s only making everyone unhappy with each other and the situation.

My personal side is that everyone is being silly and too serious. But I also understand that the feelings of frustration are genuine for them. It’s easy to be more callous being older now, but I do recognize now that invalidating how others feel is no better than what I always hated being treated. Even if I don’t agree with it.

Anyway, what I want to say is, I’m sorry you’re frustrated. I’m starting to feel a bit sad seeing this unfold. I hope you feel better soon.
the rpc community is suffering because:

• many sites have too high aesthetic standards (skins, templates and character graphics. lookin at a site right now that asks for 6 graphics for a profile!!! crazy!)
  • there are bad faith actors deliberately causing problems. when you've seen people actually sit on "canon positions" just for the sake of denying other people, or "sniping" face claims: this is where the line draws.
  • no "mega" sites in half a year: whether you like them or not, these large rp sites always get swamped with new people for various reasons who then diffuse later into other communities

by the way, just so I'm not entirely negative these are cool trends that are popping up or resurfacing lately on sites I've seen or joined. these are what we want to see more of:

• canon positions. we love dat sh. everyone wants to feel powerful and important, so make more of them
  • store goodies. i love these! i actually made 125 posts on my last big site to afford a stupid fomo badge
  • discord digests. by this i mean publishing information on discord that actually involves people and announces new plot developments. felt like it personally convinced me to push for plots just to have my name up there

you make a site with that and i'll take all the dead crap back

The third point sounds more anecdotal. I’ve definitely been in a community with that but i have been communities with way more that don’t. Every group always has its own problem. I’ve seen more talk about face claims what with a lot of popular fc’s floating around but it really is more of a them problem. Like how every fandom always has the same annoying groups, but it shouldn’t really take away from your own experience with rping. Fc’s really shouldnt be that much of a big deal unless it is personally something that is for you.

IA about skins and i won’t repeat what has already been said. What i will say though is that the issue shouldn’t be on the burden on the rpc alone, because it’s largely a platform concern. Jcink and proboards have terrible customizations and accessibilities for those who are not familiar with coding. Providing free skins to these niche platforms is unrewarding compared to mainstream ones like tumblr, which has a far more diverse use from people of different interests and occupations.

But largely, the reason i personally do not find “rping is dying” is bc… the climate of the world is just so different already compared to 10 ans 15 years ago. RPC relies on an online community and the way social media, content creation and online and parasocial relationships have developed has transformed interactions vastly differently. And these issues are beyond the scope of what we’re responsible for. With times having greatly changed, it’s expected that module from before that worked, isn’t working as well anymore.

People are busier. People prefer to relax pn the short time they have playing games or accessing large content catered to them through algorithm or online collections and libraries. People always have phones with them now. People are always on social media. Times are just so different and a hobby that depends on pouring time with both people and personal effort is harder to even encourage due to technology

Edit: ftr i dont care whether you take it back or not lol. That’s your opinion and you’re free to hold it. I just wanted to point out that maybe saying that in a resource forum w/o context would naturally get aggressive responses since it sounded like you were picking a fight
last edit on Sept 30, 2024 17:54:28 GMT by butch knight 🗣️🗣️🗣️

internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,822written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
Hot take, I do think some people need to realize we're strangers on the internet three fourths of the time and friends maybe a fourth. Sometimes you have to put in a lot of effort, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you need to do a little bit of work to plot with others, because you don't know them. Sometimes they're friends because they saw you bawl your eyes out over a disney movie and know your actor crush. There's different levels to know people and all that should be clear!

btw, this isn't about rp this is literally a gaming server, please do not add me to you, your girlfriend's, and some other guy's random dm chat without asking if I'm okay first, lol. Cause I was not. But it could apply to rp!

praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
889written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
porsef Avatar
bc Avatar
want to get back into rp but ;;; vvv
u need a buddy? i got u. 👏

🥹 i moved to another country (for a semester; i’m studying abroad) and all my ability and motivation to write evaporated aaaaa but i rlly want to get back into rping !!!
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW