CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
mellowโ™ก Avatar
CEL Avatar
cannot express how tempted i am to watch the entire xmen animated series all thanks to everyone's reactions to xmen 97
i had to take a walk.
i caved and watched the recently released episodes of 97, finished ep 5, and man. me too. me too.

coming soon.
211written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
Consumed by the idea of a pixel art site theme where everyone's uploaded account avatars are li'l sprites of their characters, and the IC boards are set up so that the little pixel art representing the board, yes? Loads the last poster's avatar (a sprite of them) in such a way that it looks like the character is hanging out in the location. Like, a coffee shop board that's got a picture of its storefront visible on the homepage, and the last poster's sprite shows up inside the shop window like they're inside, AAAAAAAAAAAAH.

I'm a garbage artist, and it would be a huge undertaking to offer to do spritework for every accepted character on a site, BUT THE TEMPTATION... THE TEMPTATION..........
this is such a cool idea ๐Ÿ˜ญ just commenting to say i swear i have seen something reminiscent to it, except not with last posters per board. it was a site where there's a world map and character locations update on the map depending on which board/thread they last posted in. i wish i had the link...

i wonder if for sprites, you could set up some presets. basically like bald/naked sprites and a handful of clothes/hairstyles and the users pick based on a limited number of options. and then you could always allow players to have a non-pixel art icon of their character somewhere to show the details that don't appear in the pixel art (like how in JRPGs like Fire Emblem, the sprite is generic and there's a huge character render that's more detailed)

when making sprites, i've often used the Spriter's Resource as a reference! they have a lot of sprites from actual games, maybe you could model sprites based on your favorite game there? though yeah there's no getting around that it's a lot of work like you said lol. but your idea is awesome!!
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,512written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
siel Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
Consumed by the idea of a pixel art site theme where everyone's uploaded account avatars are li'l sprites of their characters, and the IC boards are set up so that the little pixel art representing the board, yes? Loads the last poster's avatar (a sprite of them) in such a way that it looks like the character is hanging out in the location. Like, a coffee shop board that's got a picture of its storefront visible on the homepage, and the last poster's sprite shows up inside the shop window like they're inside, AAAAAAAAAAAAH.

I'm a garbage artist, and it would be a huge undertaking to offer to do spritework for every accepted character on a site, BUT THE TEMPTATION... THE TEMPTATION..........
this is such a cool idea ๐Ÿ˜ญ just commenting to say i swear i have seen something reminiscent to it, except not with last posters per board. it was a site where there's a world map and character locations update on the map depending on which board/thread they last posted in. i wish i had the link...

i wonder if for sprites, you could set up some presets. basically like bald/naked sprites and a handful of clothes/hairstyles and the users pick based on a limited number of options. and then you could always allow players to have a non-pixel art icon of their character somewhere to show the details that don't appear in the pixel art (like how in JRPGs like Fire Emblem, the sprite is generic and there's a huge character render that's more detailed)

when making sprites, i've often used the Spriter's Resource as a reference! they have a lot of sprites from actual games, maybe you could model sprites based on your favorite game there? though yeah there's no getting around that it's a lot of work like you said lol. but your idea is awesome!!

Oh heck!!! I don't know if this is the site you were talking about, but you made remember this place, whose logged in users show up in a little mini world map. Completely forgot about them until you brought it up, but - if whoever coded this site sees this post for some reason, know that you are a legend. ToT/

For making bulk batches of character sprites, having the bald/naked 'skeletons' was definitely in the plan, but the idea of having presets for people to choose from Picrew style would probably shave off a ton of work, you're so right! Leave the 'skeletons' up for people who'd like to make their own custom ones, as well, but that takes the work from being entirely on one person's shoulders. Depending on the sort of site, too, having a profile field for a full art avatar can help with traditional face claims, or you could put a heavier emphasis on the appearance part of an app and move for face claim-less, since I know a lot of people have been trying to push toward that. With a li'l sprite maker, it might even be an easier sell to people who still want some visual representation. ๐Ÿ‘€
pronounsshe/her
53written posts
merriearned bits
offlinecurrently
merri
merri Avatar
My monitor's OSD buttons decided to stop working. I spent over 20 minutes skimming through forum posts on reddit and elsewhere to find a solution. The buttons can be "locked" so I tried the steps in the monitor manual to unlock them. It did not work. I have given up except for the fact that I was able to download the display manager to adjust brightness, etc.

Still super annoying and frustrating when I bought this monitor less than a year ago. ):<
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
"Why can't I sleep?" wonders Tanz, having drank coffee that night.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
i read for the gay but then they become parents and suddenly i'm reading for the child care
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW