write a reply

Post a Random Thought

pronounsshe/her
346written posts
Mizoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mizo
Mizo Avatar
If you are reading this, I am beautiful.
I'm going to make a studio ghibli site for real now. Not studio ghibli inspired. Not studio ghibli type. Literal studio ghibli completed with the bathhouse, moving castle, and laputa. Not even god can stop me because he knew that if I was left unchecked, I would've bested him in hand to hand combat at age 16.

the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,556written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

uhhhhhhh i think scratchpad just kicked the bucket for real this time

edit: does anyone know of any good alternatives to scratchpad that aren't codepen? i love codepen but don't like storing my codes on there because i get people who nab them from me since my dashboard is public and can be seen by anyone and some of my codes i want to keep private.
last edit on May 18, 2020 16:41:47 GMT by ulla
pronounsany
297written posts
flareearned bits
offlinecurrently
flare
flare Avatar
rp is supposed to be fun, remember
me: ill just install ts4 and have some fun, not caring about cc or anything
also me: but this simmer overhauled almost every townie and did it so well..

well folks, my cc folder is above 3 gigs already. i fucking love this game so much tbh.
aliasNyx
pronounsshe / her
129written posts
avanearned bits
offlinecurrently
avan
avan Avatar
she's the wicked witch of the EAST bro
ulla Avatar

edit: does anyone know of any good alternatives to scratchpad that aren't codepen? i love codepen but don't like storing my codes on there because i get people who nab them from me since my dashboard is public and can be seen by anyone and some of my codes i want to keep private.

honestly i don't know of any others aside from scratchpad and codepen but maybe you could create a private jcink site that only you know about and store your codes there? i know it's more inconvienant cause of the save/refresh, but that's the only other option i could think of ;3; I know some people have done that before.
last edit on May 18, 2020 17:54:00 GMT by avan

pronounsshe/her
71written posts
matchaearned bits
offlinecurrently
matcha
matcha Avatar
i wanted to write you into the stars.
Mizo Avatar
I'm going to make a studio ghibli site for real now. Not studio ghibli inspired. Not studio ghibli type. Literal studio ghibli completed with the bathhouse, moving castle, and laputa. Not even god can stop me because he knew that if I was left unchecked, I would've bested him in hand to hand combat at age 16.
me, looking at the cute little banner you have in your signature: :eyes: is that totoro drinking a spot of tea? that's right on adorable, oh my god.

but please. give me those vibes. do it, throw up an interest check, i dare you. 
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
i know of two other online editors with private projects: codesandbox and jsbin, but private projects on both are part of their "pro" plans. codepen is the most reasonably priced. i pay for it annually and have found it really useful, plus you can upload images and other files.

EDIT: was just reminded of jsfiddle, as well. but private projects are still subscription-based.

i'd actually recommend learning how to set up a local server on your computer with hot loading (through npm — node package manager). then store your code in a github private repo, and github is definitely not going anywhere. this way, your stuff is safe AND you'd be learning an industry-standard development process. here are some good links to get started:

medium.com/@svinkle/start-a-local-live-reload-web-server-with-one-command-72f99bc6e855
git-scm.com/doc
try.github.io/
nodesource.com/blog/an-absolute-beginners-guide-to-using-npm/

i'd be more than happy to help anyone with learning this stuff + getting set up. if you're seriously considering a career related to building websites, this skill would be very valuable. also, it's cool af.

otherwise, though, i think one of the free online editors is your best bet with scratchpad gone.
last edit on May 18, 2020 18:38:08 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
ulla Avatar

im not even surprised but holy shit im mad they did it without warning??

i like can barely code anymore without seeing what i'm doing in real time and im not a big fan of codepen's layout but gUESS THIS IS WHERE IM AT NOW

the fact i cant make things private without a membership is actually beyond stupid. 

im just never gonna code again easiest solution im free
last edit on May 18, 2020 18:22:42 GMT by fossa
aliasNoodle, Longboi
pronounsHe/they
118written posts
Danger Noodleearned bits
offlinecurrently
Danger Noodle
Danger Noodle Avatar
ulla Avatar

smh scratchpad
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW