aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Any time I add a notes section - to my writing gallery on here or to my Ao3 fics - it ends up being half the length of the actual piece it's about.
aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
702written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
Well, uh, that's kind of a bummer. I go to check on what posts I owe for a site but! My account has been deleted... and everything has been archived. The archival posts states I didn't post in the past 30 days but I did... And I was kicked from the Discord server? And now someone has claimed my old character lol

Ah well... Would have been nice to at least had a bit of a warning, but what can ya do.
last edit on Jun 1, 2020 13:52:08 GMT by peach
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Mari Avatar
why are activity requirements a thing? Why can't you guys just let people post whenever they feel like it?

Assuming you're talking about roleplaying, it's because this is a group activity and that comes with a certain amount of responsibility. You are not the only one playing and remaining inactive, or even far below the average pace of the site, affects more than just you.
pronounshe, him
561written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
Mari Avatar
why are activity requirements a thing? Why can't you guys just let people post whenever they feel like it?

If it is a canon role or major site plot and someone isn’t regularly posting it can take years for a site to do anything, causing things to stagnate. That being said outside of these roles I generally don’t care for activity checks. If I don’t see someone in chat or at least logging in for a long while I will archive though. It is all about communication because the norm these days is to ghost sites and there isn’t a way to tell if someone ghosted or are just busy unless they communicate in some way.
pronounsshe/her
404written posts
scyllaearned bits
offlinecurrently
scylla
scylla Avatar
peach Avatar
Well, uh, that's kind of a bummer. I go to check on what posts I owe for a site but! My account has been deleted... and everything has been archived. The archival posts states I didn't post in the past 30 days but I did... And I was kicked from the Discord server? And now someone has claimed my old character lol

Ah well... Would have been nice to at least had a bit of a warning, but what can ya do.

I know on our site, we tag @ everyone at least four times during an activity check. We also send out one preliminary site wide email, as well as a reminder during the last few days. If you don’t post in the actual activity check, we assume that means you’ve seen all six reminders and decided that the site is no longer for you/extenuating circumstances have made you unable to come back.

Once you are archived, you generally have a week before your claims are forfeit and we delete your accounts. Our last check, however, we gave people an entire month to come back and reclaim their things.

If you had partners you were RPing with, generally they may have notified us of an absence, either that or we would expect someone to post an away message. This is a group activity, after all, so staff expect some sort of communication if there’s an issue with meeting activity requirements, as we save claims and characters for people who actually notify us.

If you took all these steps and we’re still deleted — Oof, dang. That’s rough, I’ve been there and it’s super poopy. V.V
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
scylla Avatar
I know on our site, we tag @ everyone at least four times during an activity check. We also send out one preliminary site wide email, as well as a reminder during the last few days. If you don’t post in the actual activity check, we assume that means you’ve seen all six reminders and decided that the site is no longer for you/extenuating circumstances have made you unable to come back.

i become emotionally compromised if im tagged once let alone four times

edit reading this is giving me anxiety.
last edit on Jun 1, 2020 16:31:21 GMT by fossa
pronounsshe/her
404written posts
scyllaearned bits
offlinecurrently
scylla
scylla Avatar
fossa Avatar
i become emotionally compromised if im tagged once let alone four times

edit reading this is giving me anxiety.

i feel it, i have the @ everyone function turned off in all my servers. but the highlighting is still there, and the little white dot that tells me there’s announcements. shrug.
pronounsshe/her
151written posts
shanimalearned bits
offlinecurrently
shanimal
shanimal Avatar
of course i am for peace, of course i am for peace. one that suits me.
scylla Avatar
peach Avatar

i feel it, i have the @ everyone function turned off in all my servers. but the highlighting is still there, and the little white dot that tells me there’s announcements. shrug.

i have a specific @ members role in my server so if someone's got @ everyone turned off they're still gonna see the monthly updates/AC call. granted i realize ppl can mute all role mentions as well but i feel like that's a less common practice, so typically no one can say they didn't see the notif! protects my butt as a staffer.

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW