pronounsthey/them
127written posts
vvvaporwavesearned bits
offlinecurrently
vvvaporwaves
vvvaporwaves Avatar
[mitski voice] nobody nobody nobody nobody nobody
von Avatar
went to Edge and never looked back to Chrome. The scrolling was just smoother on edge and the lag is so blatant on Chrome.

heavy agree. honestly i love chrome but MAN does that shit make my computer eat ass
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,823written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
vvvaporwaves Avatar
von Avatar
went to Edge and never looked back to Chrome. The scrolling was just smoother on edge and the lag is so blatant on Chrome.
heavy agree. honestly i love chrome but MAN does that shit make my computer eat ass

Chrome has always decided that a RAM leak was better to just ignore. I moved to Brave and it's a chromium browser too but it's got wicked crypto points, the same basis, and it's got a inbrowser ad blocker that's amazing. Honestly though, I have to give Edge some bonus despite it's not supporting some CSS stuff that it's not utter butt.
pronounsshe / her
404written posts
Ven ☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven ☆
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven ☆ Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
I cannot fathom for the life of me why my work place still wants us employees to use Google Chrome. It’s slow, it eats RAM like it’s nobody’s business, and when it crashes it is absolute HELL to get all those missing pages back.

I mean, the “it eats RAM like it’s nobody’s business” should be the main point of contention here. And I’m using a laptop to work from home!
352written posts
vonearned bits
offlinecurrently
von
von Avatar
Neko Avatar
vvvaporwaves Avatar
Chrome has always decided that a RAM leak was better to just ignore. I moved to Brave and it's a chromium browser too but it's got wicked crypto points, the same basis, and it's got a inbrowser ad blocker that's amazing. Honestly though, I have to give Edge some bonus despite it's not supporting some CSS stuff that it's not utter butt.
Edge is quite up to date on CSS though, as far as i can see. I think Chrome, Safari, Edge, Opera and Firefox are the top browsers that are always priority for developers. It's just that, Chrome is too much for the RAM LMAO.

, google is just so good with their advertising, tbh. Their search engine is quite flawless too (but u can always change default search engines of browsers). I think, at this point, everyone else that doesn't know about RAM management just trusts the brand of google (even though their UI kinda sucks compared to Edge and Safari)
last edit on Jun 21, 2020 5:01:20 GMT by von
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
edge is a fine browser, although it still has some odd and very specific bugs. at my last job, it was giving us grief with accessibility support for JAWS and a bit with javascript. but it's certainly an improvement over IE11 now that it's based on chromium, so i'll take it. the sooner internet explorer is wiped from existence, the better.

i can't give up chrome, though, because of the developer tools. no other browser even comes close. i intentionally have 32GB of RAM to feed chrome and adobe apps.
last edit on Jun 21, 2020 17:25:28 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW