Board Remodel Issues (Proboards)

31written posts
Lorsynthearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lorsynth
Lorsynth Avatar
"Hail. Praise"
felthsheart.forums.net/board/50

So I've been working on a board remodel for my forum, which works absolutely perfectly on my testing site, but for some reason when I try and put it onto my current forum everything goes crazy. I've tried resetting my other templates to default (To try find which area might have had the issue) and disabled all my plugins, the issue still persists though and I'm at a loss.
last edit on Jan 25, 2019 10:17:55 GMT by Lorsynth
pronounsno preference /o/
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
perhaps i am faint glimmer —
it would be helpful to see what the remodel is supposed to look like, as opposed to what i'm looking at.

at a glance, the width on your .boards .threads{} css class is 9%, which is why the thread list won't span the full length of the forum.
31written posts
Lorsynthearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lorsynth
Lorsynth Avatar
"Hail. Praise"
Oops! Sorry Kura, here's where I've tested it to make sure it wasn't an issue with the code itself.
lorsynth.boards.net/

I've tried resetting all templates to default and testing the new boards, no luck, also reset the css and turned off all the plugins. Thanks for the 9% tip off, I'll tinker with that one now. <3 Appreciate the help!
last edit on Jan 25, 2019 20:42:15 GMT by Lorsynth
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
It looks like your tables aren't being given end tags correctly on your main site which could be part of the reason why the remodel isn't showing up correctly. On your site, if you inspect element on one of the tables and hover over part of the code, you'll see that the entire page gets highlighted instead of that specific table (it highlights correctly on your test site). If you post your board remodel code, I can take a look at it.

EDIT; on second thought, it might be clashing with codes on some of your other templates, so you might want to check those too. Did you reset them all at the same time or one by one? you can also put your remodel code back piece by piece so you narrow down what's causing the trouble
last edit on Jan 25, 2019 21:55:58 GMT by k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
31written posts
Lorsynthearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lorsynth
Lorsynth Avatar
"Hail. Praise"
I reset all of the other templates together and only turned on the board remodel and it still wasn't working right. So I'm fairly sure the issue isn't with one of those or that would have solved the issue. Same with plugins, I turned all those off but the issue still stood. The code on its own works fine on the tester, unless it's a combination of plugins and templates together (I didn't reset all templates and turn off all plugins at the same time)

Edit: Turned reset all the templates, turned off all the plugins, cleared all the headers and footers, still an issue? Very confusing. Here's the remodel code just in case? Logic says that'd be the issue, I just don't understand why it works on the tester?

(Thank you for the help, I'm having no luck with this on my own.)

<table class="list" role="grid">
<tbody>
    {foreach $[board]}
{if !$[board.is_redirect]}
<tr id="$[board.content_id]" class="$[board.content_class]">
<td>

<div style="width:950px;height:30px;overflow:auto;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;"><center><font size="5"><a href="$[board.href]">$[board.display_name]</a></font></center>
</div><div class="NavGaps">x</div>

<table>
<tbody>
<tr class="spaceUnder">
<td> <div style="width:108px;height:108px;overflow:auto;padding:0px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;">$[board.last_thread.last_post.created_by.avatar]</div><div class="NavGaps">x</div><div style="width:100px;height:99px;overflow:auto;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;">$[board.icon]</div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>

<td>

<div style="width:696px;height:18px;overflow:auto;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;">{if $[board.posts] > 0}

$[board.last_thread.recent_link]{/if} {else}
No posts have been made on this board.
{/if} by $[board.last_thread.last_post.created_by] $[board.last_thread.last_post.created_on]</div><div class="NavGaps">x</div>

<div style="width:696px;height:145px;overflow:auto;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;"><div class="NavigatorContentAreas2">$[board.description]

</div></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div>

<div style="width:696px;height:18px;overflow:auto;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;">{if $[board.num_mods]}
Moderator/s{if $[board.num_mods] != 1}s{/if}:
{foreach $[board.moderator_group]}$[board.moderator_group.comma_before] $[board.moderator_group]{/foreach}{if $[board.moderator]}{if $[board.moderator_group]}, {/if}{/if}
{foreach $[board.moderator]}$[board.moderator]$[board.moderator.comma] {/foreach}</div><div class="NavGaps">x</div>
 </td>

<td>
 <table>
<tbody>
   <tr>
<td><div style="width:30px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border-bottom:solid 2px #17181d;border-left:solid 2px #17181d;border-top:solid 2px #17181d;border-right:solid 0px #ffc24f;background-color:#262934;"><center><font size="5">☀</font></center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div> </td>
<td><div style="width:160px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;"><center>No Events</center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div style="width:30px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border-bottom:solid 2px #17181d;border-left:solid 2px #17181d;border-top:solid 2px #17181d;border-right:solid 0px #ffc24f;background-color:#262934;"><center><font size="5">☀</font></center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div> </td>
<td><div style="width:160px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;"><center>No Events</center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>
</tr>
 <tr>
<td><div style="width:30px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border-bottom:solid 2px #17181d;border-left:solid 2px #17181d;border-top:solid 2px #17181d;border-right:solid 0px #17181d;background-color:#262934;"><center><font size="5">☉</font></center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>
<td><div style="width:160px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;"><center>$[board.num_viewing] Viewers</center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>
</tr>
 <tr>
<td><div style="width:30px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border-bottom:solid 2px #17181d;border-left:solid 2px #17181d;border-top:solid 2px #17181d;border-right:solid 0px #17181d;background-color:#262934;"><center><font size="5">♢</font></center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>
<td><div style="width:160px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;"><center>{if $[board.threads] == -1}N/A{else}$[board.threads]{/if} Threads</center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>
</tr>
 <tr>
<td><div style="width:30px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border-bottom:solid 2px #17181d;border-left:solid 2px #17181d;border-top:solid 2px #17181d;border-right:solid 0px #17181d;background-color:#262934;"><center><font size="5">♦</font></center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>
<td><div style="width:160px;height:29px;overflow:ellipsis;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;"><center>{if $[board.posts] == -1}N/A{else}$[board.posts]{/if} Posts</center></div><div class="NavGaps">x</div></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

</td>

</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

<div style="width:950px;height:15px;overflow:auto;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;vertical-align:middle;">{if $[board.sub_board]}
Sub-board{if $[board.sub_board] != 1}s{/if}:
{foreach $[board.sub_board]}<a href="$[board.sub_board.href]">$[board.sub_board.name]</a>$[board.sub_board.comma] {/foreach}{/if}
</div></td>
</tr>

{/if}
   {/foreach}
{if !$[board]}
   <tr class="last"><td class="last center" colspan="5">No boards were found.</td></tr>
{/if}
</tbody>

</table>  
last edit on Jan 25, 2019 23:55:12 GMT by Lorsynth
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
no worries that's what a fresh pair of eyes are for ~

{if $[board.num_mods]}
                                   Moderator/s{if $[board.num_mods] != 1}s{/if}:
                                   {foreach $[board.moderator_group]}$[board.moderator_group.comma_before] $[board.moderator_group]{/foreach}{if $[board.moderator]}{if $[board.moderator_group]}, {/if}{/if}
                                   {foreach $[board.moderator]}$[board.moderator]$[board.moderator.comma] {/foreach}

this is the part of your code that's breaking your board. i'm not sure why because i've never had a moderator portion to my board mods but everything works hunky dorey as soon as i remove it. it seems to work fine if you have the moderator list filled out, as you do on your test site; but when it's empty, it makes the page go haywire. if you want to keep it, i have had some success replacing it with the stock code taken off proboards' default template:

{if $[board.num_mods]}
<p class="moderators">
Moderator{if $[board.num_mods] != 1}s{/if}:
{foreach $[board.moderator]}$[board.moderator]$[board.moderator.comma] {/foreach}
</p>
{/if}

however it prints a random {/if}{/foreach} at the top of my board list that i haven't figured out how to get rid of yet. otherwise, the rest of your board mod seems to work as planned

edit; i found those pesky tags here's the working code
last edit on Jan 26, 2019 2:03:44 GMT by k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
unless you've figured it out, try this code. hOpefully it works as intended now

i noticed you had an odd number of if tags bc i deleted the one that printed as text w h o o p s so i went back through the code and noticed you had an extra {/if} hanging in this portion due to the fact that you ended the if/else statement early by adding a {/if} before {else}

div style="width:696px;height:18px;overflow:auto;padding:4px;border:2px solid #17181d;background-color:#393c4d;">{if $[board.posts] > 0}

$[board.last_thread.recent_link]{/if}                   {else}
                           No posts have been made on this board.
                       {/if} by $[board.last_thread.last_post.created_by] $[board.last_thread.last_post.created_on]</div>
3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.