41written posts
nerdboyearned bits
offlinecurrently
nerdboy
nerdboy Avatar
wicker Avatar
kae Avatar

True.

Either that or have generic class categories and give people to make the freedom to name their class within that category and already have basic skills like you said.  future skills or etc. could be gained via events/shops but ya it would require a lot of thought and work to simplify it for rp.

i also have invested in Hardcore Leveling Warrior webtoon while LN is on off days and its very very deep into the storyline so i'm still catching up.  starts off sorta surface bare, but picks up and gets deeper and deeper.

it would be exciting and new to see a Isekai RP but i definitely acknowledge it would be a huge undertaking
It sounds sooo cool! I think there are various ways of doing this, either giving a few options of classes to choose from in character creation, then letting the player make up their own skills with shop purposes. Or the player chooses their own class and some skills, but the site relies heavily on staff distributing rewards through missions etc. 

I think what appeals to me most is the achievements and acquiring random skills based on literally anything (kind of like Bofuri). For example, how fun would it be to do a social where you're messing around and then staff post an achievement where, idk, you get a healing skill with your food since you spent most of the social cooking. Or maybe you spend a thread hunting a specific species of monster, and gain a skill reflecting that.

Even getting site members to make the requests themselves of what they've done and what kind of skill/ achievement they're hoping to gain from it. A bit of work from both the staff team and RPers will go a long way.

I think it's doable as an RP site, it is just a lot of work on staff with events and rewards etc. Low-key tempted to start writing some systems and ideas for the future, making a site is definitely something I've always wanted to do. 

What I'm really happy about is that the way Solo Leveling ended is a similar concept I had written before I read this, so I could come up with a different and unique story but following the same 'system'. ^^
So I’ve been thinking of this idea a bit more and came up with a general system that would mimic the Solo Leveling/ Solo Necromancer system.

Stats
There would need to be stats. I’d say these can be based simply on popular RPGs. (Strength, Dexterity, Agility, Health Points, Stamina Points, Magic Points, etc…) You’d get a certain # to allocate at the start between them Character Classes would also determine what some of these starts as. At each level, you get like +1 or 2 points to put into stats. That way, not every stat will be maxed out and the numbers are low.

Classes
Characters will create their own generic class that will be based on either: Tank, DPS, or Support. The three main archetypes will mainly deal with what sort of skills you can make and how many HP, SP, and MP points you start with/gain while leveling up. Many players might share the same name of Character Classes but how they build them and use that class may vary greatly. Do not get too bogged down by Character Classes, they are more for flavor and an understanding for others on what you are going within your build.

Skills
When starting, each player would auto make 1-3 skills. Skills range from E grade to S grade. All skills auto-start at E grade and have to be leveled up over time to S grade. The number of skills would be limited. Types of skills could be Offensive, Defensive, Support, Hinder, and Other. Keeping how skills work pretty open but with some rules. Like if an E rank spell buffs by +1 maybe S rank buffs by +5 or something. Like the ranks between skills definitely improve as you go up but not to the point that it’s too OP.

Lone Necromancer has this ability where they allow for the merging of skills with each other to make a new more powerful skill, something that could be mimicked too. Not too sure how this would work out but it could be a really cool feature.

Setting
After reading the Lone Necromancer, I loved the idea that the whole world becomes a game and regions are locked from each other. So maybe as the site starts there are only a few neighborhoods in cities throughout the world. Like a place in North America, Europe, and Asia. So each group kind of gets their own mini world for a period of time before regions start to unlock. Technology will all shut down, with items that can turn them back on as the site progresses. Items would have to be staff-made and regulated.

Same concept as skills, the items can be combined to make new and creative versions of themselves. Would be a cool feature.

46written posts
wickerearned bits
offlinecurrently
wicker
wicker Avatar
ded no reply
nerdboy Avatar
wicker Avatar
It sounds sooo cool! I think there are various ways of doing this, either giving a few options of classes to choose from in character creation, then letting the player make up their own skills with shop purposes. Or the player chooses their own class and some skills, but the site relies heavily on staff distributing rewards through missions etc. 

I think what appeals to me most is the achievements and acquiring random skills based on literally anything (kind of like Bofuri). For example, how fun would it be to do a social where you're messing around and then staff post an achievement where, idk, you get a healing skill with your food since you spent most of the social cooking. Or maybe you spend a thread hunting a specific species of monster, and gain a skill reflecting that.

Even getting site members to make the requests themselves of what they've done and what kind of skill/ achievement they're hoping to gain from it. A bit of work from both the staff team and RPers will go a long way.

I think it's doable as an RP site, it is just a lot of work on staff with events and rewards etc. Low-key tempted to start writing some systems and ideas for the future, making a site is definitely something I've always wanted to do. 

What I'm really happy about is that the way Solo Leveling ended is a similar concept I had written before I read this, so I could come up with a different and unique story but following the same 'system'. ^^
So I’ve been thinking of this idea a bit more and came up with a general system that would mimic the Solo Leveling/ Solo Necromancer system.

Stats
There would need to be stats. I’d say these can be based simply on popular RPGs. (Strength, Dexterity, Agility, Health Points, Stamina Points, Magic Points, etc…) You’d get a certain # to allocate at the start between them Character Classes would also determine what some of these starts as. At each level, you get like +1 or 2 points to put into stats. That way, not every stat will be maxed out and the numbers are low.

Classes
Characters will create their own generic class that will be based on either: Tank, DPS, or Support. The three main archetypes will mainly deal with what sort of skills you can make and how many HP, SP, and MP points you start with/gain while leveling up. Many players might share the same name of Character Classes but how they build them and use that class may vary greatly. Do not get too bogged down by Character Classes, they are more for flavor and an understanding for others on what you are going within your build.

Skills
When starting, each player would auto make 1-3 skills. Skills range from E grade to S grade. All skills auto-start at E grade and have to be leveled up over time to S grade. The number of skills would be limited. Types of skills could be Offensive, Defensive, Support, Hinder, and Other. Keeping how skills work pretty open but with some rules. Like if an E rank spell buffs by +1 maybe S rank buffs by +5 or something. Like the ranks between skills definitely improve as you go up but not to the point that it’s too OP.

Lone Necromancer has this ability where they allow for the merging of skills with each other to make a new more powerful skill, something that could be mimicked too. Not too sure how this would work out but it could be a really cool feature.

Setting
After reading the Lone Necromancer, I loved the idea that the whole world becomes a game and regions are locked from each other. So maybe as the site starts there are only a few neighborhoods in cities throughout the world. Like a place in North America, Europe, and Asia. So each group kind of gets their own mini world for a period of time before regions start to unlock. Technology will all shut down, with items that can turn them back on as the site progresses. Items would have to be staff-made and regulated.

Same concept as skills, the items can be combined to make new and creative versions of themselves. Would be a cool feature.

Lone Necromancer rocks, I really like the setting of the world being zoned off and every day areas becoming dungeons or safe zones etc. I think it's maybe a bit too chaotic to start off a site like that, so keeping some semblance of normal life and regular areas would help immensely. 

I think stats should be very minimal, going up each level but at a very steady rate. It gives players more progress and a wider range of strength across the site. It's also nice when there are multiple stat types so every character is different, but too many types of stats might be complicated. 

That also ties in with skills and class, like which stat effects which skill, and if these are going to be made by the RPer or be heavily modded by staff. Personally, I think it would be cool for the player to provide a base to work on, which staff then reward with extra bonuses that the player doesn't necessarily have complete choice of (very much like the 'systems'). I also think it would be nice to make everyone start with 1 skill, putting them into situations that test them and their survival skills. 

I had ideas of stats being a loose guide, with the custom skills and abilities being freeform. It could be up to the RPer which stats are utilised with each skill (within reason). This would get rid of the limitations and usual understanding of 'mages are physically weak', 'tanks are slow' etc. Which would make characters more interesting and better suited to surviving/ exploring! 
last edit on Jan 13, 2022 21:04:26 GMT by wicker
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,732written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
A Soul Eater site where you play both Miester and Weapon. You know - kinda like how a Pokemon or Digimon site works.

Eliminates the need of having to rely on someone else for either role. Which is a large reason most Soul Eater sites I've seen don't last long.
pronounsShe/Her
306written posts
offlinecurrently
Miss Melonade ♥
Spring '21 Bingo Completionist
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
I've Grown Tired of This Body, Cumbersome and Heavy
Romance Site that is like about a VRchat like room where random people are paired up to chat, so like VR chat omegal. Most of the RP is in chat rooms through discord that are maybe slightly anonymous? Then the on site stuff people could meet up, or have other drama there idk. Just a concept I sorta had.
aliasNova
pronounsShe/her
161written posts
Novaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Nova
Nova Avatar
Idk if this is a thing, but a site about reincarnation that resets every year? After a year or some amount of months the concept could change and either moves forward in time 100 years or just a new environment entirely. And it's a new generation of the same characters, different font type of deal, maybe ships could find each other again, or make new relationships they never could have in the previous concept. Sounds like staffing hell lol and my attachment issues could never but I saw discussion of "serial site makers" yesterday and thought it could be a fun alternate to making a whole bunch of different sites.
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
roleplay site inspired by Mamora Hasoda's 2009 movie Summer Wars & 2021 movie Belle (and maybe a tiny bit of Reboot & DotHack?)! Virtual Reality world in some near future setting. Has anything from combat arenas, idol competitions, whatever fun events staff can think of really! Just a fun, entertaining, "humans with avatars in a virtual space/city" site.
last edit on Jan 25, 2022 13:47:42 GMT by tenebrae
aliasnao, paradisi
pronounsfed/up
76written posts
naoearned bits
offlinecurrently
nao
nao Avatar
so what, refrigerator?
tenebrae Avatar
roleplay site inspired by Mamora Hasoda's 2009 movie Summer Wars & 2021 movie Belle (and maybe a tiny bit of Reboot & DotHack?)! Virtual Reality world in some near future setting. Has anything from combat arenas, idol competitions, whatever fun events staff can think of really! Just a fun, entertaining, "humans with avatars in a virtual space/city" site.

you had me at dothack........ but yes to this where you rp your character's avatar while also having that aspect to being able to rp as your character rl-selves.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,360written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
maybe it's me listening to the lightning thief on audiobook lately but.

pjo-inspired site set in a college town where the college students + graduates are all demigods + monsters, and you can play as a demigod (with your own custom choice in power) or a monster or a normal human (and maybe even allow the gods, if you purchase them with site points). can get some quests to complete or just do your own thing in the universe, nbd.

(and yes, allow pantheons beyond just grecioroman + egyptian + norse, let me get some diversity up in here-)

Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
Kuroya Avatar
maybe it's me listening to the lightning thief on audiobook lately but.

pjo-inspired site set in a college town where the college students + graduates are all demigods + monsters, and you can play as a demigod (with your own custom choice in power) or a monster or a normal human (and maybe even allow the gods, if you purchase them with site points). can get some quests to complete or just do your own thing in the universe, nbd.

(and yes, allow pantheons beyond just grecioroman + egyptian + norse, let me get some diversity up in here-)
Amaterasu. So Amaterasu.