Sites You Want To See

pronounsany
297written posts
flareearned bits
offlinecurrently
flare
flare Avatar
rp is supposed to be fun, remember
- a post apoc site with a progressing plot and an end. yes, a board that has chapters and a run time. i had something like this planned up to six months along with systems so i could share ideas.

- a mythology rp that takes inspiration from harry potter

- a site with staff determined or randomized character relations. E.g you are told that your character is rivals with this other character but you need to enhance that or develop it to change it, so you start the site with small prompts or relations
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
M A E ! Avatar
it's less pmmm site and more an original magical girl setting with elements taken from pmmm, sailor moon, and pretty cure series, so witches won't be a thing sadly. but i am, at the very least, writing up systems at the moment!

1 thing. Can they be corrupted into dark magics of all kind? not "witches" just not "magical girls happy go-lucky". If my character can be forcibly turned evil, I am all game. Darker the magic capabilities the better.
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
All below are quotes from 2 pages back, chances are you'll recognize yours.

**raises hand with questionable coiled face**
Why is this not all combined into a roleplay?

So clearly all these point to a mass murder mystery Small town roleplay with Supernatural creatures in every corner.. Probably murdering to survive. That could easily be randomized to be either Soul bond, rivals, or brothers in arms, or whatever randomization you wanna.. maybe randomize the murder?

Maybe added bonus the town seems "Orderly" to tourist.. but underneath it all especially at night.. AND OMG during Full Months.. (or zero hour/witching hour)  ITS A WAR OUT THERE... as supernaturals murder or fight for control over the town. Maybe the stronger supernaturals are the mayors, higher class that call the shots what humans see and don't see.

just.... long story short.

There's Monsters, Lots of murdering and torture, and its all in a small town where simple human characters try to figure out just what's going on. maybe like special upgrades for anyone that roleplays a clueless cop.
last edit on Jul 14, 2018 16:55:45 GMT by Ginger
pronounshe, him
561written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
On the ATLA subject I think it suffers from the same sort of problem that you get from other large settings like Naruto with the geography really splitting the playerbase up. Korra kinda circumvents it but the setting is much different than the original series.

One thing that could be cool is to focus the setting on somewhere like Omashu after it is captured or something like that.
last edit on Jul 14, 2018 19:27:12 GMT by Sharp
pronounshe/him
585written posts
offlinecurrently
nox, the HR department
Administrator
nox, the HR department Avatar
I would still love to finish Daily Departed. I have a lot of the concept work planned out alongside systems and plot. However, all I'd need is someone who could actually run it alongside me. I'm totally cool with planning concepts, writing out ideas, etc but my biggest downside is wording and cleaning up my brainstorm. It's based on Hellper on Webtoons if that draws anyone in!!

Here's the plot.
Upon death, you receive a ticket on your wrist. If it is white, you are lead to Heaven or Rebirth. However, if it is black you are sent to Hell. You are one of the departed issued with a black ticket, cursed to remain in the Underworld as a Ghost.

Not all hope is lost. It is not eternal damnation that awaits, but a different set of dangers entirely. Reapers patrol the area to eliminate any Ghosts that step out of line. Even the refuge of Middle Towns -- where Reapers are prohibited to set foot inside -- is rife with its own problems, as though the exhaustion of living continues to haunt you after death.

There is a purpose to some Ghosts, who refuse the judgement handed to them. It is said that if you accumulate one hundred tickets, it will result in a white ticket, granting you passage to Heaven or Rebirth. Will you climb out of Hell, or will you be another of the daily departed?

eepy cosy
aliasmae
pronounsthey/he
1,572written posts
M A E !earned bits
offlinecurrently
M A E !
Part of the Furniture
M A E ! Avatar
because even my darkness will shine brightly.
Ginger Avatar
M A E ! Avatar
it's less pmmm site and more an original magical girl setting with elements taken from pmmm, sailor moon, and pretty cure series, so witches won't be a thing sadly. but i am, at the very least, writing up systems at the moment!

1 thing. Can they be corrupted into dark magics of all kind? not "witches" just not "magical girls happy go-lucky". If my character can be forcibly turned evil, I am all game. Darker the magic capabilities the better.

i have an issue with it being a site mechanic, the forcibly turning characters evil thing, as that can take away a lot of the free will an rper has with their character, and i know that stuff like that can make people lose interest in writing that character. it's kind of like "what's the point if i can't write them how i wanted", you know?

that being said, if someone wants something like that to be a personal plot, i'd be all for that!

in general, i'm planning for the site to have a few different factions of magicals, all with varying levels of grey morality.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I wouldn't mind seeing something Alice in Wonderland-esque. While a fantasy site surrounding the theme could be dope, I also have an edgier idea to throw out there: why not make a crime-based site with Wonderland inspiration?

Basically I'd love to see something like this: The setting city could be called Wonderland, and terminology from Lewis Carroll's work could be thrown in. Like "Alice" could be a type of illegal substance sold on the streets, Jabberwocky could be a semi-vulgar term thrown around to describe police, the Red and White Courts being two different gangs, etc. Ooh and maybe there's a popular club in the city known as The Rabbit Hole.
pronounsif you speak of me in certain tongues, you will be dethroned or detained
108written posts
ophiuchusearned bits
offlinecurrently
ophiuchus
ophiuchus Avatar
gutter rappin', anti-sleepin', no half-steppin'
If there is a forgiving and kind entity out there, please please please give me a cyberpunk site that doesn't implode on itself within the first week. I can and will give my left eyeteeth for a smart, well-crafted cyberpunk dystopian site that takes elements from Shadowrun, Warframe, and/or Altered Carbon that's active and inclusive.

Also Mae's mahou shoujo site but only if I can play an old lady that still has to go through all the flourishes and swirls and hates saving the world, but does it anyways, even though it's hell on her back and if any of her co-workers saw her in her attire, they'd laugh her out of the practice.

tm, donut steal
last edit on Jul 15, 2018 15:26:58 GMT by ophiuchus
eepy cosy
aliasmae
pronounsthey/he
1,572written posts
M A E !earned bits
offlinecurrently
M A E !
Part of the Furniture
M A E ! Avatar
because even my darkness will shine brightly.
ophiuchus Avatar
Also Mae's mahou shoujo site but only if I can play an old lady that still has to go through all the flourishes and swirls and hates saving the world, but does it anyways, even though it's hell on her back and if any of her co-workers saw her in her attire, they'd laugh her out of the practice.

donut worry, this site will be Age Inclusive. iirc, without looking at my doc, people can still become magicals up to 25 years old, and contracts can last as long as a magical still has magic potential :3c

last edit on Jul 15, 2018 15:30:52 GMT by M A E !
pronounsshe/her
90written posts
FINITEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FINITE
FINITE Avatar
dandy Avatar
I wouldn't mind seeing something Alice in Wonderland-esque. While a fantasy site surrounding the theme could be dope, I also have an edgier idea to throw out there: why not make a crime-based site with Wonderland inspiration?

Basically I'd love to see something like this: The setting city could be called Wonderland, and terminology from Lewis Carroll's work could be thrown in. Like "Alice" could be a type of illegal substance sold on the streets, Jabberwocky could be a semi-vulgar term thrown around to describe police, the Red and White Courts being two different gangs, etc. Ooh and maybe there's a popular club in the city known as The Rabbit Hole.
Crime-based Wonderland made me think OZMAFIA!! (even though that isn't wonderland but shh) but that's even better.
last edit on Jul 15, 2018 15:41:17 GMT by FINITE
pronounsHe, Him
133written posts
Dolten♦earned bits
offlinecurrently
Dolten♦
Dolten♦ Avatar
It's your BOi = P
melusine Avatar
Something AU or original based on the Throne of Glass series.

Fantasy court intrigue.

Original fantasy with kingdoms, courts, politics, magic and conflicts.

I already have a site in works based around this XD
pronounsThey/Them
43written posts
Hereticearned bits
offlinecurrently
Heretic
Heretic Avatar
Fables don’t write themselves so I lay dynamite to the kindness of my words
Heretic Avatar
A supernatural beings RP site that isn't slice-of-life-y.

Also been thinking about an anarchy deal RP. Like criminals, flagrant, delinquents, etc tossed to some trash island to just survive without law stopping them away from the high tech world they're used to.
What part of this is ppl liking, I'm v curious?
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Dolten♦ Avatar
melusine Avatar
Something AU or original based on the Throne of Glass series.

Fantasy court intrigue.

Original fantasy with kingdoms, courts, politics, magic and conflicts.
I already have a site in works based around this XD
Then there's only one thing I need to know... Is it on Proboards?