write a reply

Sites You Want To See

pronounsHe/Him
36written posts
slyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sly
sly Avatar
The talk about slice of life rps earlier made me wish there was an rp based on Clone High. Just the idea of rping as clones of historical figures trying to live their day to day lives is an interesting concept that could create some good stories.

M A E ! Avatar
i think something based off of re:creators would be really cool
Yes please! I second this because Re:Creators doesn't get enough love (I blame Anime Strike). It would practically be a panfandom site but without actual canons.
pronounsany
253written posts
UMUearned bits
offlinecurrently
UMU
UMU Avatar
I'm going to change, one step at a time, even if you won't forgive me
alcove Avatar
UMU Avatar
and excuse me as I yell animanga harry potter with both randomized or self-chosen sorting plz and thank you
... I'm in the process of making an animanga harry potter rp

let me toooouch youuuu
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
nova winchester. Avatar
I have been binging shippuden for like two weeks, and I just really want to rp Naruto again. Its been ages. I have the perfect face claim and my inner muse is screaming at me.

I get my Naruto fix at together we fall, which handles abilities a bit more simply than other sites. A couple other good ones are we are shinobi and fallen blades. I've never had the patience to read through all the info topics/systems for the latter, but it seems like a large group of people enjoy it.
40written posts
Zyzyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Zyzy
Zyzy Avatar
I've been wanting a fun Naruto site as well. Thing is most the Naruto Sites i've been on have a pretty largely split player base cause all the different villages and ranks. I'd like an AU Naruto site where everyone starts out at the academy and there are only two villages or something, letting actual teams be formed and actual story & development grow as a result of that.
Eroge Collector
pronounshe/him
99written posts
offlinecurrently
Máscara de Tigre
Máscara de Tigre Avatar
It all starts with this... a jewel containing the ultimate power!
Zyzy Avatar
I've been wanting a fun Naruto site as well. Thing is most the Naruto Sites i've been on have a pretty largely split player base cause all the different villages and ranks. I'd like an AU Naruto site where everyone starts out at the academy and there are only two villages or something, letting actual teams be formed and actual story & development grow as a result of that.
This is a very inspiring idea, and I kind of want to run with it.
40written posts
Zyzyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Zyzy
Zyzy Avatar
Máscara de Tigre Avatar
Zyzy Avatar

Right? Almost like Boruto as well where most of the Academy students have like...pretty impressive abilities and are considered 'gifted' cause the parents they have and gaining both of their respective abilities. Stuff like that~
Eroge Collector
pronounshe/him
99written posts
offlinecurrently
Máscara de Tigre
Máscara de Tigre Avatar
It all starts with this... a jewel containing the ultimate power!
Zyzy Avatar
Máscara de Tigre Avatar
Right? Almost like Boruto as well where most of the Academy students have like...pretty impressive abilities and are considered 'gifted' cause the parents they have and gaining both of their respective abilities. Stuff like that~
Sure, but I think the best idea you suggested was scaling things down geographically speaking, and just focusing on one or two villages. You touched on it, and I agree: a problem I also find in some rps is that the setting separates characters so much that it becomes hard for members to interact with each other outside of say, site-wide events, or individually plotted convoluted circumstance. The best sites (or, at least, the sites I have the most fun on) tend to keep things pretty centralized, giving people a lot more leeway in terms of being able to interact with one another. I think that's part of the reason small town or high school rps are so successful; the farther away you get from that, with say, multiple cities/towns/countries/continents, the harder it gets for members and their characters to actually feel a part of things, especially if some groups are larger than the others. 
last edit on Jul 8, 2018 19:26:40 GMT by Máscara de Tigre
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Gonzo Avatar
literally just give me any setting that will let me angst my characters into hell (preferably with powers)
i want dark, gritty, all that jazz. i want to see characters suffer.

You can check out KD if you want (in sig). While the setting has dark elements, it's as dark and angst-y as you make it, really. If that's what you want, plot and RP it. ♪ Their "powers" are based on word spells you make on your own.

Anyone heard of Children of the Whales? I think it would be a good mix with RF, maybe.
last edit on Jul 8, 2018 20:06:40 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Máscara de Tigre Avatar
Zyzy Avatar
Sure, but I think the best idea you suggested was scaling things down geographically speaking, and just focusing on one or two villages. You touched on it, and I agree: a problem I also find in some rps is that the setting separates characters so much that it becomes hard for members to interact with each other outside of say, site-wide events, or individually plotted convoluted circumstance. The best sites (or, at least, the sites I have the most fun on) tend to keep things pretty centralized, giving people a lot more leeway in terms of being able to interact with one another. I think that's part of the reason small town or high school rps are so successful; the farther away you get from that, with say, multiple cities/towns/countries/continents, the harder it gets for members and their characters to actually feel a part of things, especially if some groups are larger than the others. 
*sage nod* The excuse is that alot of people want to be from different villages and the like, i.e they HAVE to rp this certain character or else their muse is shot. But tbh that is just an excuse. If they really wanted to rp there, they would. Having people HAVE to start off as academy or even genin might turn people off as well, but if they can't find the fun in it, then they suck :P
40written posts
Zyzyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Zyzy
Zyzy Avatar
nova winchester. Avatar
Máscara de Tigre Avatar
*sage nod* The excuse is that alot of people want to be from different villages and the like, i.e they HAVE to rp this certain character or else their muse is shot. But tbh that is just an excuse. If they really wanted to rp there, they would. Having people HAVE to start off as academy or even genin might turn people off as well, but if they can't find the fun in it, then they suck :P
Well lets keep it 100. What made us all fall in love with Naruto in the first place? Cause for me it was the first few arcs. When Naruto and everyone were still kids getting through the academy, then becoming Genin, doing dramatic missions and stuff and then the big Chunin Exams where everyone got to show their stuff. Heck even the Sasuke Retrieval arc was pretty awesome. 

So that being said, if people want to join Naruto sites just so they can make super powerful S-Rank characters and such then i think they are trying to join for the wrong reasons lol. Just my opinion though, but honestly making high ranked characters gets rather complicated considering ya gotta figure out all the crazy jutsu they are gonna have, their clans, long histories and yada yada. Starting as a Genin/Academy student just sounds less stressful and more organic to me. 
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Zyzy Avatar
nova winchester. Avatar
Well lets keep it 100. What made us all fall in love with Naruto in the first place? Cause for me it was the first few arcs. When Naruto and everyone were still kids getting through the academy, then becoming Genin, doing dramatic missions and stuff and then the big Chunin Exams where everyone got to show their stuff. Heck even the Sasuke Retrieval arc was pretty awesome. 

So that being said, if people want to join Naruto sites just so they can make super powerful S-Rank characters and such then i think they are trying to join for the wrong reasons lol. Just my opinion though, but honestly making high ranked characters gets rather complicated considering ya gotta figure out all the crazy jutsu they are gonna have, their clans, long histories and yada yada. Starting as a Genin/Academy student just sounds less stressful and more organic to me. 

Yes you summed it up perfectly. I recently had this same conversation with someone who was trying really really hard to be 'THE' protagonist. If people want to start at end game, they need to really check their rp priorities. I want to make bonds as a younger character and have them develop into something more. I want rivalry, maybe some angst, and conflict within clans maybe. I want my little genin to have a heart to heart with her family like choji did with his dad. I neeeed.