aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
idk just what does everyone like when they use templates what features do u look for ya know

- i like a lot of padding around my text area
- lyrics
- size 11-12 font
- no icons cuz now i can use obscure fc's without fear of running out of icons
- splashes of color
- monochrome w/ like one or two single color accents somewhere
- slimmer text passages (like 300 - 400 in width but not any smaller) they're usually easier for me to focus on while reading
- minimal designs w/o a lot going on
- trackers w/ relationship area even if i never use it
- plotters with icons
- i rly like when people can utilize layout design in templates cuz it's something i struggle with. by this i mean like, multiple areas that flow well together? idk how to explain it
pronounsshe/her
31written posts
mitziearned bits
offlinecurrently
mitzi
mitzi Avatar
my aesthetic changes every week because i can't make up my mind on anything BUT I'LL TRY

- i like minimal designs with one or two color accents and lately i've been really into using gradients i guess???
- i prefer to not use icons either bc i only ever crop the bare minimum amount of graphics so the less work i gotta do the better ok
- i absolutely hate anything with hovers if you use them you suck that's the law sorry
- the shorter & more compact the code the better bc there's less chance for me to mess it up
last edit on Aug 11, 2019 12:29:24 GMT by mitzi
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,504written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
I think I've said it before (although maybe not on P2, specifically?), but my general aesthetic is bombastic, with lots of bright colors, high constrast, moving parts, things to grab my attention from every-which direction. I don't dislike minimalism, by any means! But the more tastefully 'cluttered' a design is, the more my heart goes doki-doki. High density design might be a good phrase for it? Hmmmm.

- Icons! Images of any sort, but I usually have icons pre-cropped, and don't like to have to make multiple strangely dimension'd images for, say, posting templates. For one and done deals like plotters or trackers, though, any size will do! Just something to give a visual representation.
- Any color splashes, but since it's very difficult for me to multi-accent, particularly in a small space like a template as opposed to a skin, this usually ends up just being one, MAYBE two accents. X'D
- Big templates for big posts! I have a large monitor, so I can spare the extra room. I tend to ramble, too, so the larger the text area, the better.
- The only absolute turn-off in post templates for me are those where you have to hover to see the text area. :c They look neat visually! But it makes it difficult to keep the post up when I'm trying to reference when writing replies. TuT
- Animations *claps* are *claps* LIFE. Gimme hovers, gimme infinitely moving parts. Heck yeah.
- Lots of padding. It's funny looking at my old templates, since I've gone from, like, five pixels of padding in a text area to twelve thousand, it's kinda ridiculous.
- Tabbed multi-plotters are my favorite, okay? My favorite. That's what that's all I do for plotters, RIP, sdfkljshfjdh.
- Gradients. Maybe not rainbow ones, though -
- Templates with layouts that look like graphic design... if that makes sense? Neat usage of typography and color. These tend to be for personal use more than premade just because of how specific they end up being, though...
last edit on Aug 23, 2019 22:27:08 GMT by pharaoh leap
aliassifr, katrina
pronounsshe/her
89written posts
sifrearned bits
offlinecurrently
sifr
sifr Avatar
schwellenangst // fear of the unknown
-- readable
-- no hover over the important things like the actual information text
-- high contrast of text vs background (accomplish this with text-shadow bullshit or actual colouring, I don't care)
-- simplicity
-- honestly these days, half the time if the site has a UBBC code that I can shove around my text and call it done, I'm happy.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
personal preferences:
+ if it looks like a leap knockoff i probably made it
+ simplicity = <3 <3 <3
+ autoexpanding bc it makes me feel more accomplished
+ larger body fonts -- i feel guilty whenever using anything below 11px tbh. whenever i feel like i gotta (basically only when i use 10px verdana b/c the larger sizes of it aren't as purdy) i bump the line spacing up to like 150%. my preferred font size is slowly increasing and i'll probably be in the 30px range by like 2021
+ i'm allergic to serif fonts but i'm trying to get better about it
+ animations are fun but if there isn't a way to hide/disable/pause infinitely looping ones they distract me. it doesn't matter that much since i usually paste posts in notepad when i'm actually writing replies but ykno
+ single accents because i do not have the patience for keeping track of more than one hex code per character
+ i hate customizing lyric templates but i use them anyway because graphic design is my burden
+ i adore the trend of sites having precoded blockquote templates
+ i love gradients but i don't know shit about color theory so i actually hate using them. i just pull 90% of the gradients i use from various gallery websites this is my confession vlog
+ dark templates b/c, again, i am blind
last edit on Aug 23, 2019 23:51:57 GMT by selkie
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
like spiral said. readable on mobile because i hate myself and write all my replies on mobile -_-

but uh also:

+ lazy, cobbled minimalism
+ fuck ass small fonts
+ goddamn montserrat, roboto, open sans
+ i l i v e and breath playfair display for some reason rip
+ crank up padding to at least 45px please
+ easy to swap colors—which usually means one main color, and the b&w spectrum. sometimes a secondary color if ur lucky
+ flexible fucking icons. yo, i want to be able to use my 1:1 ration, my 2:1 ratio, and my 1:5.22 ratio without having to adjust anything kay thnx
+ fuck scroll bars, i don't wanna code them.
+ font stroke except it's usually text shadow because compatibility reasons rip
+ i'm all about dem dark templates yo
+ can i code it within an hour

also i literally just re read the question and realized i answered it wrong but y'know w/e i'm too lazy to go back rip
last edit on Sept 10, 2019 12:37:03 GMT by bc
pronounsshe/her
427written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
selkie Avatar

+ larger body fonts -- i feel guilty whenever using anything below 11px tbh. whenever i feel like i gotta (basically only when i use 10px verdana b/c the larger sizes of it aren't as purdy) i bump the line spacing up to like 150%. my preferred font size is slowly increasing and i'll probably be in the 30px range by like 2021

me. I used to like tiny text but now prefer bigger sizes provided that I think it looks good with the font.

To add, my aesthetic is the template equivalent of street wear, but for text.
pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven ☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven ☆
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven ☆ Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
Boy if I can code I would probably go for:

• Easy, readable text fields
• Smaller widths. Like 300 – 400 max.
• Simple coding that I can fix in case I miss a ] or two
• font size=1 because idk why it's more compact???

Dark Empress
aliasYuki
pronounsshe/her
398written posts
Empress Yukiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Empress Yuki
Empress Yuki Avatar
Do you think we can be just like you?
For me, i would like my template to be;

1) readable, i usually use 11/12/13 px for font.
2) huge ass padding on text. I prefer my text and the border of the text to be away from each other. Preferably, 25px/30px padding thx.
3) no bright color on bright color. My eyes burn
4) section 4 tag/note
5) NO HOVER bcuz hover is a pain on mobile
6) max width 450
7) line height must not be less than 1.5.
8) dark template is the best
last edit on Sept 22, 2019 16:38:25 GMT by Empress Yuki
aliasnano, nugget
pronounsShe/Her
27written posts
nanoearned bits
offlinecurrently
nano
nano Avatar
coding will be the death of me
When I attempt to code:

-- No Hover for the post text. Please, don't. I love hovers but I hate having to go over to the post then hovering over EVERY TIME I need to read it for my post
-- BIG images! I love 'em, solely because I don't know how to make a pretty background so I'm like "Hey lets cover that up by using a huge image that'll work"
-- Pastel colours, please. They're so cute, and soft, and work together so NICELY...
-- Black and White are really, really nice too! I really like pieces that either have a HECK lot of contrast or like, they all blend together and make this happy template smoothie
-- Smaller text that's justified, please. I can barely read but I can zoom in and that isn't a problem to me and for some reason it just looks so much nicer?
-- I live for simplicity yes
last edit on Oct 14, 2019 19:37:56 GMT by nano
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW