pronounsshe/her
194written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
idindin Avatar
scarlet Avatar
Shin Sekai Yori: From the New World. Criminally underappreciated anime. Easily best spin on utopian dystopia I've ever seen.
yes yes yes it's such a pity that it's such a niche!!! it's such a nice realistic + drastic take on a society with abilities. have you read the translated novel? it's written from saki's viewpoint where she's like some pseudo historian -- she uses a whole page to tell you about the cow sacs (like the anime) and what they did to the human rights convention (...in regards to children ;v;) etc etc etc all very 'scientific-ish' in their point of view, which really immerses the reader. 

it gives me so much museeee.

i also shamelessly vibe to the choir osts ^q^

(i think the next similar work is 'harmony' by project itoh if you're interested! though it might fall flat according to some, the vibes and themes were similar ish in the sense that it's a utopia, but something is also terribly wrong. also love the way it's written -- very in-world, immersive. moody-depressive haha.)
IT IS LITERALLY SO GOOD, ughhh. <3 I tell people that you gotta give it the three episode rule, but it's worth it.

I think some years back, I found a fan translation online. I couldn't find an official English translation to support the writer, which bummed me out! I did buy his book The Crimson Labyrinth, which was good but it didn't hit the same notes for me.

Haven't heard of 'Harmony' but I'm definitely curious to check it out!
aliasBremusa
pronounsShe/They/Mew
50written posts
Bremusaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Bremusa
Bremusa Avatar
they would find each other in any universe to get another divorce <3
been obsessed with the zero escape franchise lately. my hot take is that i like zero time dilemma a lot, even with all of its flaws. please play the zero escape games, they're on steam if you wanna get into 'em (or you could find copies for the DS/3DS/Vita/etc. but that's expensive). my favorite characters are akane, diana, clover, and luna btw

ALSO if you have never heard of the devil survivor games i would highly recommend both entries. i'm personally more of a fan of DeSu 1 but DeSU 2 is also excellent

LAST ONE I PROMISE but higurashi when they cry still holds up very well (particularly the manga and VN) and i am never letting my love of it die