what obscure bullshit fandom are you obsessed with

aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
387written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
bc Avatar
the great ace attorney

It’s not even obscure, I just don’t see a lot of it ‘round the parts I hang about.
Yessss I'll never stop being in love with Ace Attorney.

Also Professor Layton needs a little more love.
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
CEL Avatar
pathologic. it's insane how many times i keep coming back to it like every 2 years

_P ATHOG LOGI CAKL
aliasrav, birb
pronounshe / they
418written posts
ravyn ⭑earned bits
offlinecurrently
ravyn ⭑
ravyn ⭑ Avatar
CEL Avatar
pathologic. it's insane how many times i keep coming back to it like every 2 years

i relate to this so much.....

also dishonored......

...... i love me some games with a plague theme
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly
CEL Avatar

I FROTH AT THE MOUTH

PATHOLOGIC
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
172written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
Pillars of Eternity, a friend introduced me to Etrian Odyssey recently, Nioh, Dark Cloud, Pentiment and so much more in regard to video games.

Blanking on other types of media but I know there are quite a few. I get hooked on niche things all the time!

Catscape Meow!
aliasVii
pronounsShe/her
253written posts
viiearned bits
offlinecurrently
vii
vii Avatar
The Tenchi Muyo! series will forever be my true love for obscure fandoms. I don’t care that it’s one of those harem anime series, because the lore and story it tells goes so far beyond that. I recall it used to be super popular back in the 90s and early 2000s when anime was still new to the US, but fell short with the modern age. I still love it, and it’s still going on with little spinoffs.

Who can’t love the space opera it tells, unique alien species, with space pirates, galaxy police, battles, and so on? The character development it has?

I’ve seen so many manga/anime collections out there on YouTube and none of them feature it. It’s so depressing that no one has it in their collection, and yet….it sits comfortably on my shelf.

Just gib me

Now on jcink!
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
vii Avatar
The Tenchi Muyo! series will forever be my true love for obscure fandoms. I don’t care that it’s one of those harem anime series, because the lore and story it tells goes so far beyond that. I recall it used to be super popular back in the 90s and early 2000s when anime was still new to the US, but fell short with the modern age. I still love it, and it’s still going on with little spinoffs.

Who can’t love the space opera it tells, unique alien species, with space pirates, galaxy police, battles, and so on? The character development it has?

I’ve seen so many manga/anime collections out there on YouTube and none of them feature it. It’s so depressing that no one has it in their collection, and yet….it sits comfortably on my shelf.

Just gib me

That is my favorite anime of all time. I have the full OVAs, the newest series, Universe, Tokyo, and all the movies.

To say I'm obsessed is putting it lightly...

Ryoko will be my favorite anime character forever. And her VA is SO GOOD.

And I've actually got a space pirate/GXP rp in the works as one of my... Future passion projects... So you'll see it... Someday :'D since I usually solo yolo these things

coming soon.
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
203written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
Depends on what it is.

We're talking nostalgic, probably problematic-but-I-don't-care, you can pry saint seiya from my cold dead body.

Currently - anything otome isekai - I'll Flip the Script/I'll Change the Genre are *chef kiss*
pronounsshe/her
193written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
Gankutsuou. Yes, you need a sci-fi anime based on the Count of Monte Cristo complete with mechas in your life. No, I will not be answering any questions why.

Shin Sekai Yori: From the New World. Criminally underappreciated anime. Easily best spin on utopian dystopia I've ever seen.

The House in Fata Morgana. It starts slow, but oof. This horror visual novel set in a haunted house packs a punch and gives you all the feels.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games. Do not look up spoilers, I stg, it can and will ruin the experience. Nothing has scratched the itch these games have given me for thrilling horror with death game elements, not Danganronpa or anything else. (We'll pretend the final installment, Zero Time Dilemma, was as amazing as the first two.)
pronounsfeminine
379written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
scarlet Avatar
Shin Sekai Yori: From the New World. Criminally underappreciated anime. Easily best spin on utopian dystopia I've ever seen.

yes yes yes it's such a pity that it's such a niche!!! it's such a nice realistic + drastic take on a society with abilities. have you read the translated novel? it's written from saki's viewpoint where she's like some pseudo historian -- she uses a whole page to tell you about the cow sacs (like the anime) and what they did to the human rights convention (...in regards to children ;v;) etc etc etc all very 'scientific-ish' in their point of view, which really immerses the reader. 

it gives me so much museeee.

i also shamelessly vibe to the choir osts ^q^

(i think the next similar work is 'harmony' by project itoh if you're interested! though it might fall flat according to some, the vibes and themes were similar ish in the sense that it's a utopia, but something is also terribly wrong. also love the way it's written -- very in-world, immersive. moody-depressive haha.)