548written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
Nova Avatar
The amount of times I've looked up the difference between padding and margin...you would think I would have it down by now orz

i always think of padding as like... clothes or armor. the more articles you put on, the bulkier it makes you.

then, margin is the opposite. i associate it with paper margins. but another way to think about it which is similar to how we've been living with covid is it's a property that is like...

SOCIAL DISTANCING, DO NOT INTERACT. DO NOT TOUCH. KEEP 6PX AWAY.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
fossa Avatar
to the people responsible for making custom forum structures a thing: meet me behind denny's i'm gonna break your ankles and kneecaps

I'm here to do battle.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
i spent so long panicking over why my scripts aren't working and if they're so /bugged/ then why didn't /anyone/ tell me only to realize i uh. ad-blocked those elements out myself.

who's a smart cookie? not me.

in other news, im not touching those category-hiding/show scripts ever again. i have no idea what i did, and i pray i dont have to debug them one day. ksdfhskdhf
last edit on May 7, 2022 8:06:57 GMT by Deleted
aliasNova
pronounsShe/her
161written posts
Novaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Nova
Nova Avatar
I did the coding equivalent of tripping down a flight of stairs carrying a handful of plates, but coming out unscathed and the plates are all neatly stacked as if nothing happened. i.e. I didn't know what I did wrong and was furiously slapping closing div tags places and deleting stuff, but it worked out in the end ^^;
the chalk prince
aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
976written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
Nova Avatar
I did the coding equivalent of tripping down a flight of stairs carrying a handful of plates, but coming out unscathed and the plates are all neatly stacked as if nothing happened. i.e. I didn't know what I did wrong and was furiously slapping closing div tags places and deleting stuff, but it worked out in the end ^^;
i felt this not only on a spiritual level, but a physical level.

i still haven't gotten used to coding enough to remember that sometimes a unclosed div tag is the culprit. oops.
the chalk prince
aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
976written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
honey and the forgor land Avatar
a gentle rip to that one scratchpad coding site that died eons ago but i still fondly remember (even if i can't remember its name)
SCRATCHPAD.IO MY LOVE
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW