aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,502written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
[nospaces][googlefont=Be+Vietnam:400,300,800&display=swap]
[attr="class","hallowedbreezes"]
[attr="class","hallowedbreezes-img"]
[attr="class","hallowedbreezes-hover"]
[attr="class","hallowedbreezes-header"]
[attr="class","hallowedbreezes-title"]dev event

[attr="class","hallowedbreezes-subtitle"]a spring-time character event

[attr="class","hallowedbreezes-scroll"]
[attr="class","hallowedbreezes-text"]
[attr="class","hallowedbreezes-section"]

An event with a bit more focus, specifically on RP characters. This is a character development event, where we encourage participants to delve deeper into their favorite OCs (although canons are also welcome, if you so desire!), or to at least show off the hard work you've already put into your characters. If you've seen the contents of a development board before, you'll have a general idea of what this event's all about: the goal is to explore a character through a variety of mediums, including but not limited to drabbles, playlists, journal entries, moodboards, and so on. The event will run until May 15th.[break][break]

Special thanks to , whose template is used here. You can see its original post here.

TO PARTICIPATE

To participate, start a thread in this board to serve as your character's 'gallery'. In this gallery, you should keep track of how many points you've accumulated over the course of the event, ideally with a tracker up top or by noting how much each entry nets you as you post those entries. You can spruce up this gallery and its contents however much or little you'd like. Over the course of the event, you'll aim to acquire 35 points for your character. Points are earned by completing different mediums of development and posting them in your character's gallery. Each type of development will net you a different number of points and can be repeated – meaning that if you don't have any character themes to start a playlist but really enjoy writing character drabbles, you can forgo the former and earn all your points just by doing the latter. A list of what mediums net what points is as follows:[break][break]

CUSTOM TEMPLATE:[break]3 points[break][break]
A template (posting, plotting, tracking, app, et cetera) created specifically for your character or with your character in mind. Any templates created specifically to house other entries for this event also count for this, but only net you 1 point on top of the entry they house.[break][break]

CHARACTER BLURB:[break]1 points[break][break]
A quick overview of your character, almost as if you were pitching them for plots on an RP. Tell us a bit about their personality, backstory, et cetera.[break][break]

DRABBLE:[break]5 points[break][break]
A short story focused on or involving your character somehow. This can be a backstory drabble, a future fic, an AU – anything at all! There's no word limit, but 1 point per every thousand words will be awarded extra.[break][break]

PLAYLIST:[break]5 points[break][break]
Multiple songs that apply to or remind you of your character in some way. Bonus if you go into a bit of detail on why you chose the songs you did. A playlist must be at least three songs long to qualify, and 1 point per every 10 songs will be awarded extra.[break][break]

THEME SONG:[break]2 points[break][break]
An individual song that applies to your character (in case you don't have more), or a song that applies to them above and beyond any in a playlist. This may only be turned in for points twice, as three+ songs qualify as a playlist.[break][break]

QUOTE / POEM:[break]1 point[break][break]
A quote, excerpt, or poem from another source that applies to your character. Please be sure to source the original creator.[break][break]

ORIGINAL POEM:[break]3 points[break][break]
A poem of your own creation; more points awarded for being an original work.[break][break]

MOODBOARD:[break]2 points[break][break]
A bundle of images, usually made to match, that evoke a similar vibe to your character. Popular groupings consist of 3x3 square images, but any number or arrangement will qualify.[break][break]

AESTHETIC IMAGE:[break]1 point[break][break]
A single image that evokes a similar vibe to your character. Maybe an image of their face claim that truly captures their personality, or a photograph that reminds you of them.[break][break]

TIMELINE:[break]2 points[break][break]
A timeline of events over the course of your character's life, or over the course of their arc.[break][break]

COLOR PALETTE:[break]1 point[break][break]
A group of colors inspired by your character. Can be as few as one accent color or as many as a hundred colors grouped together.[break][break]

PATTERN:[break]1 point[break][break]
A seamless (or mostly seamless) pattern evoking a similar vibe to your character, or maybe a pattern your character would be particularly fond of.[break][break]

RELATIONSHIPS:[break]3 points[break][break]
An overview of your character's major relationships, such as their relationship with their parents, lovers, or particularly close friends/hated enemies.[break][break]

QUESTIONNAIRE:[break]5 points[break][break]
Fill out this questionnaire in regards to your character. You don't have to answer every question if you don't want to, but you must answer at least five in order to qualify for the points.[break][break]

SHIP QUESTIONNAIRE:[break]5 points[break][break]
Similar to above, only this time, the questions are related to a romantic ship your character may be a part of. The form can be found here.

THE AWARDS

All participants who post at least one entry for one character will be rewarded 10 bits for taking part. Participants who earn 20 event points for one character will be awarded 50 bits, and those who earn all 35 event points for one character will earn 100 bits and a special member group with a and special title. You're welcome to participate with multiple characters, but only the character with the highest point count will net you these awards, meaning only one character gallery officially counts toward the event.

[newclass=".hallowedbreezes"]margin: 10px auto; max-width: 87%; max-height: 500px; min-height: 400px; background: #f9f9f9; padding: 10px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template: auto / 43% 1fr; color: #222;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes *"]word-wrap:normal;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-scroll"]max-height: 500px; min-height: 400px; overflow: auto; grid-area: 1 / span 1 / 2 / span 1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes ::-webkit-scrollbar"]width: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb"]background: #ddd; border: 4.5px #f9f9f9 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-notes-box ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb"]background: #c3c3c3; border: 4.5px #f5f5f5 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes ::-webkit-scrollbar-track"]background: #f9f9f9; border: 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-notes-box ::-webkit-scrollbar-track"]background: #f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-img"]max-height: 500px; min-height: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; display: flex; align-items: center; grid-area: 1 / span 1 / 1 / span 1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-img:before"]content: ''; position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; display: block; filter: brightness(1) contrast(0.6) blur(0px) saturate(1.8); background: url('https://i.ibb.co/VHk6VRy/Mikkkku.png') 48% 32%; transition: ease 0.8s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-img:hover.hallowedbreezes-img:before"]filter: brightness(0.68) contrast(0.4) blur(1.2px) saturate(1); transition: ease 1.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-text"]max-height: 500px; min-height: 400px; padding: 0px 25px; text-align: justify; font: 300 14px/155% 'Be Vietnam'; letter-spacing: 0.5px; color: #000; background: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-section"]display: inline; background: #68686811; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-text b"]display: inline; padding: 0px 10px 0px 25px; background: #a86c567a; color: #fefefe; font-weight: 800; text-transform: lowercase; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #aaa; 1px -1px 0px #aaa; -1px 1px 0px #aaa; 1px 1px 0px #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-text i"]color: #941831; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #fff; 1px -1px 0px #fff; -1px 1px 0px #fff; 1px 1px 0px #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-text a"]color:#338f4f;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-section h1"]font: 800 25px/70% 'Be Vietnam'; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 6.7px; color: #941831; margin:20px 0px 30px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-img:hover .hallowedbreezes-notes-box"]opacity: 1; transition: ease 1.2s 0.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-img:hover .hallowedbreezes-header"]opacity: 0; transition: ease 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-tag"]display: block; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 3px; padding: 3px 3px 3px 7px; border-left: 0.5px solid #bbb; transition: ease 0.4s; font-weight: 300; color: #888; font-size: 9px[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-tag:hover"]margin-left: 11px;transition: ease-out 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-notes-box"]width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute; top: 0px; display: flex; align-items: center; opacity: 0; transition: ease 0.7s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-notes"]width: calc(100% - 100px); max-height: calc(100% - 100px); background: #f5f5f5; font: 400 10.5px/130% 'Be Vietnam'; letter-spacing: 1.5px; margin: 0px 50px; padding: 15px; color: #777; box-sizing: border-box; box-shadow: 0 0 10px #b4b4b4; overflow: auto; text-shadow: -1px -1px 2px #fefefe, 1px -1px 2px #fefefe, -1px 1px 2px #fefefe, 1px 1px 2px #fefefe;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-notes i, .hallowedbreezes-notes b"]color: #af4f2890;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-header"]width: 0px; background: #f5f5f5; padding: 15px 22px 15px 33px; box-shadow: 0 0 14px #b4b4b4; position: relative; left: 30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay; filter: brightness(1.25); transition: ease 0.8s 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-title"]font: 800 40px/70% 'Be Vietnam'; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 6.7px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #aaa, 1px -1px 0 #aaa, -1px 1px 0 #aaa, 1px 1px 0 #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-title::first-letter"]color: #338f4f; text-shadow: -1px -1px 7px #162916, 1px -1px 2px #162916, -1px 1px 6px #162916, 1px 1px 2px #162916;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hallowedbreezes-subtitle"]margin-top: 11px; font: 300 11.5px/76% 'Be Vietnam'; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 5px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 2px #aaa, 1px -1px 2px #aaa, -1px 1px 2px #aaa, 1px 1px 2px #aaa;[/newclass]
last edit on Mar 25, 2021 22:07:44 GMT by pharaoh leap
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,779written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Hello! I am back with questions that I cannot find with reading like my first absurd one. I have two so I will split them for simplicity.

1. When I was looking over the information for the questionnaires, my friend and I were wondering since they play the ship of the character I am using is if we could do a co-op ship questionnaire? They are not using my character’s ship, but it was brought up for the sake of more content.

2. I was wondering how bonus points were delegated? Will we need to tag staff or will staff be keeping tabs?

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,502written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
Sorry about the lack of clarity! If anyone has further questions, feel free to ask them here and I'll get back to you as soon as possible/update the original post with the new information.

, milestones/bits are only applicable for one character. You're definitely welcome to participate with multiple characters, though, but only the character with the highest point count will be the one considered for awards. Everyone else would just be for fun!

, as far as the questionnaire question goes, I'd allow it! (If anything, just because it'll be fun to see both sides of the ship and how they answer the questions. 👀)

Admittedly, I completely forgot about the 'keeping track' part of this event sorry, I'm a wreck and a half, but ideally, members will track their own points in their character galleries (by having a tracker at the top (like in the bingo event), notating how much an entry nets in each individual post, or both), and come the end of the event/if someone claims to have reached the milestone, staff will count and doll out awards as earned! As far as bonus points are concerned:

- Any entry using a custom template nets you a +1 point to whatever the entry normally would, UNLESS that entry is just the template (in which case, you just get the 3 points for the custom template entry).
- A 2.5k drabble would net you 7 points; 5 for submitting a drabble, and 1 extra for each 1k word count milestone.
- A playlist with 13 songs in it would net you 6 points; 5 for submitting a playlist, and 1 extra for each 10 song milestone.

Hopefully this helps clear things up, and if you have any other questions/comments/concerns, feel free to shoot me a tag~!
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,779written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I'm back again, and sorry for so many questions! I just have a lot of Riley information sorted and wanted to check if something was fair to use. I do not have enough to constitute another point, but figured I should check to be safe.

Anyways! I have a lot of AU versions of Riley from alternate ends to his history to just generally different versions, such as a God and highschool AU. However, with this, I have also collected songs that do not necessarily work for his Canon version but work for his AUs as themes. Would I be allowed to include these in the playlist and to the overall playlist count or no because they are non-canon versions of my character? I will say, each canon and Riley himself is created by me!

frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,502written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
, that works just fine~! So long as the focal point remains on the character, what goes is fairly lax, so AUs are definitely a-okay.
pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven ☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven ☆
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven ☆ Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
I have a question:

What would happen if by some weird, crazy instance someone does this twice, and they manage to complete all the challenges for both (they get all 35 points for 2 characters). Which would it count for, the one completed first? Or do the awards stockpile but you can only get the member group / title once?

pronounsshe/her
309written posts
syhrinxearned bits
offlinecurrently
syhrinx
syhrinx Avatar

character blurb: 1 (1)
timeline: 2 (2)
image moodboard: 2 (5)
young fc moodboard: 2 (7)
older fc moodboard: 2 (9)
animated fc moodboard: 2 (11)
relationships: 3 (14)
aesthetic image: 1 (15)
quote: 1 (16)
character questionnaire: 5 (21)
relationship questionnaire: 5 (26)
color palette: 1 (27)
seamless pattern: 1 (28)
theme song one: 2 (30)
theme song two: 2 (32)
quote: 1 (33)
quote: 1 (34)
quote: 1 (35)

it is not beautiful as promised... but i will be once i have a diamond in my name
last edit on Apr 6, 2021 4:11:07 GMT by syhrinx
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,779written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I didn't realize we needed hand these in here, sorry. >...>

I have Riley's development event thread finished here.

Tally:
MAIN THEME -- 2 Points
PLAYLIST -- 5 Points + 10+ songs & custom template = 7 Points
REPRESENTATIONAL COLOURS -- 1 Point + custom template = 2 Points
CHARACTER BLURB -- 1 Point + custom template = 2 points
AESTHETIC IMAGE -- 1 Point
QUOTE -- 1 Point
WRITING DRABBLE -- 5 Points + 2000+ words & custom template = 8 Points
QUESTIONNAIRE -- 5 Points
SHIP QUESTIONNAIR -- 5 Points
RELATIONSHIP TRACKER -- 3 Points

pronounsshe/her
40written posts
emmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
emma
emma Avatar
Ellie's dev gallery is here!

character blurb: 1 point
aesthetic image: 1 point
playlist: 5 points + 1 point (20 songs)
moodboard: 2 points
ship questionnaire: 5 points
character questionnaire: 5 points
drabble: 5 points
patterns x6 + palette: 7 points
aesthetic image: 1 point
quotes x3: 3 points
TOTAL POINT TALLY: 36 POINTS
pronounshe/him
503written posts
shivearned bits
onlinecurrently
shiv
shiv Avatar
WTB> PRIMOGEMS
This was super fun! Glad I got it all done with a variety of prompts. \o/
I hope my math is actually correct, lmao.

NOAH FABER - THREAD

• CHARACTER BLURB - 1 PT
  • DRABBLE - 5 PTS
  • PLAYLIST - 5 PTS
  • THEME SONG - 1 PT
  • THEME SONG #2 - 1 PT
  • QUOTE/POEM - 1 PT
  • ORIGINAL POEM - 3 PTS
  • AESTHETIC IMAGE - 1 PT
  • COLOR PALETTE - 1 PT
  • PATTERN - 1 PT
  • MOODBOARD - 2 PTS
  • RELATIONSHIPS - 3 PTS
  • QUESTIONNAIRE - 5 PTS
  • SHIP QUESTIONNAIRE - 5 PTS

TOTAL: 35 PTS
last edit on May 15, 2021 5:21:55 GMT by shiv
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
I LIKE TO LIVE DANGEROUSLY

01 point earned via custom template for event entries
01 point earned via aesthetic image
01 point earned via non-original quote
01 point earned via character blurb
06 points earned via playlist with 20 songs
02 points earned via theme song
01 point earned via non-original quote
02 points earned via moodboard
01 point earned via color palette
01 point earned via pattern
05 points earned via questionnare
total = 35 points
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,502written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] eventextension
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

Hey, guys! Due to a recent two-week trip making it very difficult for me to get online and moderate our two site events, both events are being given a two week extension. All current participants and any who would like to quick tag along for the end will be able to continue posting event submissions until June 1st, after which the event will formally close.[break][break]

For participants who have already completed the event(s), as well as those who may finish between now and the first of June, awards will be given out in bulk after the event has finished. If you're concerned about not having received your special group or the promised monetary rewards - they'll be coming soon! Thank you all for your patience.

frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,502written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] eventcompleted
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

And another event done for the history books! There was a wonderful turnout for this, and we appreciate every entry submitted for the event. Bits have been awarded to everyone who participated, but a special shout out goes to the following members who reached the 35 point mark in their character gallery: , , , , , , , , and . Congrats!

last edit on Jun 2, 2021 1:11:28 GMT by pharaoh leap