write a reply

Where Do You Code?

pronounsShe/Her
75written posts
zytlearned bits
offlinecurrently
zytl
zytl Avatar
If you're waiting until you feel talented enough to make it, you'll never make it.
Hello! I'm a novice at HTML, CSS and BBCode, and I would love to have a place where I could blunder my way through templates in peace lol. Are there any sites, IDEs or other places where you code? :)
pronounsfeminine
379written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
A friend recommended it so now I use webmaker!! Unlike codepen it's private and can work offline too? So it's good for those concept-making/testing/blundering through designs that you probably don't want to show people.. /// 

When you're ready you can port it over to codepen with just a button though! Downside is that there's a bug where the viewport sometimes constricts more and more, but for that you can just fix it by doing an F12 and deleting some inline style kind of thing. Beggars can't be choosers; I can't afford codepen pro D;
pronounsthey/them
6written posts
harjaearned bits
offlinecurrently
harja
harja Avatar
secrecy flows through you, a different kind of blood.
i usually just make a .html file on my computer and code in notepad, the most low effort way to do it lmao. but webmaker/codepen are the best choices imo since they're easy to use, have instant previews and syntax highlighting

(i also use vscode but i think it's overkill for a beginner)
the multi-fool
pronounsshe/her
140written posts
sleepyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sleepy
sleepy Avatar
it's a feast for my eyes
idindin Avatar
A friend recommended it so now I use webmaker!! Unlike codepen it's private and can work offline too? So it's good for those concept-making/testing/blundering through designs that you probably don't want to show people.. /// 

When you're ready you can port it over to codepen with just a button though! Downside is that there's a bug where the viewport sometimes constricts more and more, but for that you can just fix it by doing an F12 and deleting some inline style kind of thing. Beggars can't be choosers; I can't afford codepen pro D;

i owe u my life. thank u. im so mad it took me this long to find this. the UI is easy on the eyes and it does that fancy shmancy predictive text thing that vastly saves on brain power, all while keeping out of public eye. i can finally become the coding goblin i was meant to be. there will be no end to the garbage manifested.
last edit on Sept 20, 2021 15:32:48 GMT by sleepy
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

i also want to endorse webmaker. other than what's already been said for it, its refresh time is fast, consistent, and customizable. i find that when i'm coding larger projects on codepen, the refresh time takes just long enough that i can begin to get somewhat frustrated waiting for changes to update, and i've not yet had that problem on webmaker ouob
Where Do You Code? written Sept 20, 2021 16:50:02 GMT via mobile
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
+1 for codepen tbh, the lack of privacy isnt a personal dealbreaker and i like poking around it for inspo/being able to publish stuff. ill have to look into webpagemaker tho :o

VSCode + a live editor extension + git & github is rly nice for having a version control/backup system but it does have a much steeper learning curve - the odin project has a nice guide for setting it up. if you're just messing around it's prob overkill cbdkdmcbxj

tbh tho recently it's been writing scripting straight into the jcink html templates box i hate my life--
last edit on Sept 20, 2021 16:51:07 GMT by selkie
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
77written posts
cinearned bits
offlinecurrently
cin
cin Avatar
If this is not love, what should we call it?
hello thank u for converting pple to my webmaker agenda. high key rec it bc it's honestly my fav (you can fork your old work, detach the preview screen to drag onto your second monitor etc.) i genuinely just like how customisable it is while keeping to a simple ui, which imo makes it v beginner friendly.

but in case it just doesn't jive for you, liveweave could work or maybe glitch but the latter is much more robust with extras, though could be helpful if you're dipping your toes into skinning and want to try out static webpages on it.

and ofc, there's codepen which a lot of coders are on, so you can browse around and see things for inspiration and etc!

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW