pronounshe/him
884written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost

CATCHING*: There will be two ways to catch pokemon within the rp. You have to keep in mind our setting- This is taking place in a time before catching pokemon and training them is widespread. Many people within the world are still warming up to the idea of so much as even just living with pokemon, much less keeping them in pokeballs. It's also stated that pokeballs are a recent invention of their own, so outside of the game's story, you're less likely to encounter anyone who has a full of team of six they've been spending decades training and battling with. We're working under the assumption that the majority of people within the world do not have pokemon, or did not spend time with them. So with that in mind, our catching mechanics so far are as follows-

Method #1: Players will be required to purchase a (cheap) item from our store that can be used to trigger a catch thread. You choose where you want to have your catch (the mountains, by the ocean, etc.) and from there, staff will determine which pokemon will be available to you, how many pokeballs your character has, and how many chances you get to perform a successful catch. Second or third stage, rarer, and other harder to obtain pokemon will obviously be more difficult to catch. Your chances to catching a Wurmple are pretty good as opposed to catching a powerful Garchomp, ya know? We're also toying with the idea of different pokemon being available to you based on your character's star rank (we're still hashing out how that will work too so don't take this as gospel).

Method #2: We will have frequent "catch event threads", maybe mass outbreaks, maybe distortions, but essentially a big group thread where everyone gets a chance to snatch up some wild pokemon. This will use similar mechanics to a regular catch thread, but everyone who shows interest will have an opportunity to make a catching attempt, no shop purchase necessary. We want to use these to sometimes also expand on the site or move the plot along. Like, for example, oh the Construction Corps is looking to build a new neighborhood of town, but there's not enough workers, hey could we get folks to go out and catch some Machop to help us?

Either way, our catch threads/events will sometimes be linked to a REQUEST that members can pick up for some rewards as well as contribute to the expansion of Jubilife Village or other settlements around Hisui. Going out into the wild on your own to freely catch pokemon will be disallowed, because while we don't want to moderate a million catch threads, we also don't want people just going out to suddenly have full teams of six to pummel everyone with because... Why what's the point of that?

STARTERS*: So as I explained above, most characters won't even have pokemon, or be interested in having one to begin with. Should a character have a partner pokemon, it's pretty unlikely it would be some third stage evolution that's seen years of battle. I'd put more money on say some old lady from the Hoenn region who's moving into town with her pet Skitty that never leaves the house, just as an example. So characters will be allowed a first stage starting partner pokemon, maybe two, and maybe a possible second stage depending on the pokemon, but again that's not solid yet. We will however, have a list of pokemon that characters could reasonably start out with, either as pets, for adventuring, or town building with. But having a pokemon will not be required.

STATS: Overall, we're statless. We don't really want to sit here and roll die a million times to determine stats over and over again, we're not gonna focus on it. It's like, just use common sense when it comes to your pokemon. Should you choose to get into a battle, just be smart about it. Yeah, your Growlithe will absolutely fry that Kricketot, kinda no question about that lmao. Yes, a Ryhorn could very easily run down a little Pikachu into the dust without even really trying.

CHARACTER ART: Original and fan art are both allowed so long as it follows the animanga art style (more or less), could reasonably fit our setting's time period, and is PROPERLY CREDITED. Even if the original art is not yours, we still want to know who made it, and where it came from, and no, zerochan and pinterest are not actual sources lmao. They're good ways to find art, but we want explicit credit linking back to a twitter, tumblr, insta, artstation, deviantart, etc. Using a doll maker/picrew is fine, just again, so long as it fits our aesthetic and setting.

*Please note that we're still fine tuning these, this may not be the final decision we make, and it could change even after launch as we figure things out. We're three adults, two of which are knee deep in intensive majors in school, and ultimately want a more casual slice of life experience with a bigger focus on town and settlement building than other hardcore pokemon rp mechanics. We're not interested in seeing who's gonna become a "top trainer" because those don't exist yet. Maybe as time goes on and the region becomes more developed, then we can start talking about the beginnings of actual training and a league, but until then, enjoy sitting on the riverbank eating potato mochi with your Bidoof lmao.

Now serving!
pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
:0

I'm highkey tempted to make a char arc about losing a limb in a failed expedition, and the recovery process- would that type of plot work?

I've been on sites where injury plots/etc weren't viable either due to rules on violence/staying in one place being Not Good, so I guess this is a roundabout way of asking what the stance is on darker stories/if travel is 100% necessary to progress.
pronounshe/him
884written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
styrofoam eater Avatar
:0

I'm highkey tempted to make a char arc about losing a limb in a failed expedition, and the recovery process- would that type of plot work?

I've been on sites where injury plots/etc weren't viable either due to rules on violence/staying in one place being Not Good, so I guess this is a roundabout way of asking what the stance is on darker stories/if travel is 100% necessary to progress.
RATING: So this might be an absolute dealbreaker for a lot of people but... We're gonna be a non-premium PG-13 site. We know Arceus is by far, one of the more darker entries in the Pokemon series, and it's mentioned several times how going out alone into the wilderness could mean death. But it's not something we're comfortable with? The youngest playable characters we're allowing are 15 year olds, but even for the time period, 15 is still a child, and we don't want children- whether they be real or fictional- To be in mortal danger at all times.

Some anime-esque cartoon violence is fine (the Pokemon anime, mind you) and expected, but greater bodily harm or death is a big no from us. If your character comes into the setting having already lost the limb, then that's fine, we just don't want it played out in the rp itself.

TRAVEL: You're free to have characters that go out and explore around Hisui, or are content to stay in the Village right at home. Over time, we plan to have more settlements pop up within the region that characters will be to travel to and from. But, if your character is the type to stay in one place within the safety of their home village or settlement, then that's perfectly fine too.

Now serving!
pronounshe/him
732written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
my actual thought was training pokemon for disability purposes and picking Pokemon specifically geared for that reason, not so much battling-- as well as possible training "search and rescue" pokemon? I was thinking possible action plots that don't necessarily involve being a Battling Trainer, such as a researcher or a ranger or someone who wants to learn to capture and breed pokemon for domestic purposes (such as, for instance, training Aipoms for the elderly that need assistance with eating or what not).

so the idea is, i would want access to new pokemon as the story dictates. i'll wait and see on this, but it already looks more like what i'm looking for and not what i'm not looking for. basically, a site that facilitates action/adventure plots without just being about grinding, and having ample room for quiet moments, is what i'm after.
last edit on Feb 16, 2022 3:15:41 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
aliasThe Man Formerly Known as Fragarach
pronounsHe/Him/His
71written posts
Fragarachearned bits
offlinecurrently
Fragarach
Fragarach Avatar
Ahhhhhhhh!
I don't know if this question has been answered or not can we play as foreigners from like the western Regions such as Kalos, Galar, or Unova? I just wanted to ask cuz' I dunno how you guys want to handle it, it's okay if not because of the setting, I'm just curious.
pronounshe/him
884written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
Fragarach Avatar
I don't know if this question has been answered or not can we play as foreigners from like the western Regions such as Kalos, Galar, or Unova? I just wanted to ask cuz' I dunno how you guys want to handle it, it's okay if not because of the setting, I'm just curious.

We welcome visitors and travelers from Kalos, Galar, and Unova! Itโ€™s pretty implied Professor Laventon himself is also from Galar, and he did have to get Oshawott from somewhere, right? In the real world, the Meiji Era lasted from around 1868 to 1912, in which Japan was notably breaking their isolation period to begin trading and interacting with the most of the Western world at large. This is basically the setting for the Arceus game, and thus a time period weโ€™re adopting as well.

So basically, bring us your Victorian/Georgian era travelers and researchers ๐Ÿคฒ

Now serving!
pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
Actually, I have one more question: how strict are activity requirements? I have studies & physical health issues that prevent me from being super active- some sites delete afk chars, or take away their stuff if left inactive for over a month, etc. I was wondering what your stance on that would be?
pronounshe/him
884written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
styrofoam eater Avatar
Actually, I have one more question: how strict are activity requirements? I have studies & physical health issues that prevent me from being super active- some sites delete afk chars, or take away their stuff if left inactive for over a month, etc. I was wondering what your stance on that would be?

ACTIVITY: Weโ€™ll have infrequent formal activity checks, and even then those will be โ€œhey are you still interested in being here??โ€ type checks. If we see that you (general) havenโ€™t logged in and posted in a while (like a month or two) then weโ€™ll assume youโ€™re inactive and mark your accounts as such. When youโ€™re ready to come back and be active, we just re-activate your accounts and back in the game you go!

ACCOUNTS: Weโ€™ll be doing an ooc parent account with child ic accounts tied to them. Accounts will NEVER deleted upon inacivity- Itโ€™s just something we donโ€™t personally believe in doing. You will always have access to your accounts, and while inactive, you just might be limited in what you can do with them, but theyโ€™ll be there!

(Btw this isnโ€™t something up for debate, Iโ€™m not going to sit here and discuss the pros and cons and the โ€œwhat ifโ€™sโ€, this is just our policy, you can take it or leave it)

Now serving!
pronounshe/him
884written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
Happy Pokemon Day!

Nothing exactly new to report BUT we will be trawling through any Arceus updates, as well as the Hisui-based anime coming out later this year, to continue pulling lore, mechanics, and overall ideas from. We'll try to incorporate as much as we can before and after opening! Still no ETA, but we're still excited and geared up to work on this site as slowly progress through our building process. Thank you for everyone's patience! <3
last edit on Feb 27, 2022 21:36:10 GMT by Desmond Miles

Now serving!