pronounshe/him
884written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost

HISUI is a current work in progress roleplay, hosted on jcink, based on the recent release of GameFreak's "Pokemon Legends: Arceus". Hisui has been saved, the Pokedex complete, and more and more newcomers are arriving as the days go by. Jubilife Village is about to experience a serious expansion to accommodate everyone, while eager explorers take to the Hisui wilds to claim their fortunes, and perhaps new homes. Diamond and Pearl Clan, in the meantime, are ushering in a new era of peace and growth of their own. The land of Hisui is about to change in ways it has never seen before.

LOCATIONS:  Jubilife Village is the main hub of activity in the region, with the Diamond and Pearl clan settlements growing in their own ways in their respective areas. One of our main goals is to expand on all 3 locations, as well as start smaller settlements that will one day grow to become the iconic towns and cities in the modern day Sinnoh region.

FACTIONS: Also known as our membergroups. The Galaxy Expedition Team is looking for more members of its varying corps; Survey, Security, Agricultural, Supply, Medical, and Construction. As the village and surrounding areas begin to expand, more hands will be needed to aid in the endeavor. Jubilife Village will be home to many Townsfolk looking to start new lives, and with them, bring many new talents. They will have a variety of roles to fill in to really make Jubilife Village feel like a living, working town. Meanwhile, members of the Diamond and Pearl clans are also looking to find new ways to improve their lives with Pokemon, to be able to grow their own settlements, establish new ones, but also find harmony with elemental neighbors. Finally, many Travelers from around the world are pouring into Hisui to see what all the fuss is about! Whether they be researchers, merchants, or are interested in taming Pokemon, there will be something new to find.

POKEMON: The entirety of the Hisuian Pokedex (with some exceptions) will be available to find and tame across vast Hisui. The use of Pokeballs is still slowly catching on, and some folks are still partnering up with pokemon the old fashion way. The idea of catching them for "training" in battle is still a big HUH? for everyone. For now, many are content to simply live fulfilling and beneficial lives with pokemon just as they are.

CATCHING: Sometimes a call will be put out towards brave adventurers to find and obtain a certain kind of pokemon to aid in the growth of settlements. Whether it be catching a herd of bibarel to help build dams, or a swarm of combee to start a honey farm with, there will be opportunities to engage in some classic "gotta catch em all!" events.

BATTLING: The concept of having pokemon fight each other for sport and friendly competition is still a relatively new concept. As such, there aren't really many rules towards it, and most folks aren't too excited about it either. But for those who do decide to engage in battle, be careful, and don't push your pokemon too hard!

Our goal is to overall, is to create a site with a focus on town building with slice of life elements. We want to focus on different aspects of building a home and life with our favorite creatures we lovingly call Pokemon. We're hard at work hashing out concrete details, and we can't promise an ETA on an opening right away. Still, we're excited to share any progress we make, and will have more to report on soon.

last edit on Feb 12, 2022 21:21:38 GMT by Desmond Miles

Now serving!
pronounshe/him
884written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
Hey gang, thanks for all the interest replies! re: names, we finally settled on one a few days ago, and thought I'd pop in to give everyone a progress report.

NAME: As you can tell from the edited title and op, we just went the very simple HISUI. A very classic "name site after region it's in" but also we think it just best encompassed everything we were aiming for. Also it felt like we were naming a first child and everyone knows how stressful that is ghfjk but anyway-

LORE: We're hard at work adding some custom lore for all factions of the rp, to give them a little extra personality when it comes to character creation. Like, for example, wouldn't it make sense for Diamond to be fantastic bakers and brewers, given that they have whole fields of wild wheat right at their doorstep? We're looking at the different, unique sub-regions of Hisui to see what we can use to really enhance everyone's backstories.

ISEKAI: For those unfamiliar, the games opens with you as the player being dropped into the old world of Hisui, a time before pokemon training and battling became a thing. A big part of the game's plot revolves around you being a stranger from an unfamiliar world. Will this theme continue onto our rp? In a limited capacity, yes. We really want to focus on characters that come from the era of which the game is set, and "isekai'd" characters will eventually be allowed as a site store coupon. Sorry to anyone who wanted to make one right out of the gate, but your time will come with enough patience!

NEW FACTIONS: We don't want to spoil things right away, but we are looking into the idea of expanding our membergroup roster to include original factions that can also play a role in our plot and lore. Perhaps one day you'll get to join them? ;)

I think that's all I can really report on for now! We're in the process of building our site and getting all the technical things out of the way. We're very excited for this project, and hope you are too! Once again I will hopefully have more to share soon! Thank you!

Now serving!
the eldritch truth
pronounsHe/Him
1,102written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
ISEKAI: For those unfamiliar, the games opens with you as the player being dropped into the old world of Hisui, a time before pokemon training and battling became a thing. A big part of the game's plot revolves around you being a stranger from an unfamiliar world. Will this theme continue onto our rp? In a limited capacity, yes. We really want to focus on characters that come from the era of which the game is set, and "isekai'd" characters will eventually be allowed as a site store coupon. Sorry to anyone who wanted to make one right out of the gate, but your time will come with enough patience!
Sort of related, but have y'all given any thought to "canons"/ancestors? For instance - if someone wanted to FC N or Lance, would they be able to have that specific character Isekai'd in, play as an look-alike from the time period, or just pick another non-pokemon FC with green or red hair and play an ancestor?

I'd personally go with the latter anyway, but I'm sure people would be interested in playing canon characters (albeit minus memories) what with **** showing up in game.

Regardless, I'm glad the focus is on the actual Hisui time period and not a ton of time travelers running about.
pronounshe/him
884written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
Phantasm Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
Sort of related, but have y'all given any thought to "canons"/ancestors? For instance - if someone wanted to FC N or Lance, would they be able to have that specific character Isekai'd in, play as an look-alike from the time period, or just pick another non-pokemon FC with green or red hair and play an ancestor?

I'd personally go with the latter anyway, but I'm sure people would be interested in playing canon characters (albeit minus memories) what with **** showing up in game.

Regardless, I'm glad the focus is on the actual Hisui time period and not a ton of time travelers running about.
Aw man I thought I had mentioned this somewhere already but anyway to answer your question-

CANONS: All named canons will be controlled by staff- Which also includes all named ancestors as well. We really want the focus to be on OCs who are coming together to make Hisui their homes, and we'd rather save canons for special events, plots, and requests. Should any canon characters come from the future/alternate timelines via a space-time distortion or rift like **** does would also be staff controlled. We already are keeping a tight control of when a character can be isekai'd into the setting because again, we want the focus to be on the main time period itself.

FACE CLAIMS: With the canons in mind, we're going to be banning pokemon face claims from the site. So if you wanted to use, say N or Lance as a FC for an original character- Sorry! Due to the nature of our site, we especially wouldn't want the descendants of canon ancestor characters just hanging around, even as an original character. There are however plenty of face claims from varying anime and manga that take place during the late 19th/early 20th century that can be used to easily fit our setting.

ANCESTORS: So after discussing it... We've concluded that we are not allowing ancestor OCs. Reasons for that is 1.) Should there be a DLC for Arceus, chances are, new ancestors will be introduced and we'd like to have an easy way to integrate them into the site as NPCs and not having to worry about fitting them into someone else's backstory for their character. 2.) We really want the focus of the rp itself to be on completely original characters to the setting with no ties to existing canons, ancestor or descendant. And 3.) We don't really want to keep track of who's related to who at any given time. We don't want a list to maintain over it, we don't need someone getting into a tizzy because someone else made an ancestor oc before them or they can't make it work together, etc etc. ultimately, it's not something we want to focus on or give attention to, so we're just outright saying no.

I hope that answers your questions, and again, general apologies for anyone reading this and this was a dealbreaker for you. We're still really excited to bring something that everyone can dig their hands into, regardless of whether or not they've played the game before. We're hard at work at building this forum and can't wait to show you it soon!

Now serving!
pronounshe/him
732written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Curious about the system of the site-- I can't guarantee I'll have time, but I have been craving a site that doesn't have any restrictions on catching Pokemon/starting with Pokemon, or require everything to be threaded out. Note that I'm OK with a Regional Dex and no legendaries being reasonable limitations, and for there being restrictions on shinies, but I don't wanna have to do a moderated thread to get every Pokemon past my first (and hoping that moderators decide to give me the Pokemon I want). I find that makes everything really tedious, and I'm not interested in that kind of RP loop.

So I guess that's my question: is your site gonna be a hard system site or a more character development adventure focused?

edit to clarify: i'd be ok if there was a shop system to "buy" more Pokemon than you're allowed to start with or evolve Pokemon or smth, or tying it to Site Event Participation, but I mostly am looking for something that doesn't require the loop of "start a thread to catch a pokemon, encounter wild pokemon ad nauseam, repeat" while also not being strictly slice-of-life. also I'm not really asking in the event of pseudos; I really just like picking teams and pokemon that fit my character, and am hoping for no stats because I actually do like objectively "terrible" pokemon in RP.

final edit: what's the site policy on original art?
last edit on Feb 15, 2022 19:30:04 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me