all hail Garfield and the Holy Lasagna
pronounsshe/her
403written posts
dijit.exeearned bits
offlinecurrently
dijit.exe
dijit.exe Avatar
no talk me angy

This world of ours, it is shattered. Heat and Cold, Light and Dark… Life and Death, the cycle is broken…

Upon the conclusion of the last Age of Fire, the final Effigy of Cinder was rejected by the First Flame, plunging the previous plague ridden world into a long overdue period of darkness. What was meant to be a cycle of restoration resulted in a prolonged period of utter despair, enveloping the world in a state of mayhem for thousands of years. Humans lost faith in the divines they once worshiped, tarnishing old legacies and creating foundations anew; Replacing those they once confided in for new gods. This cycle of creation became the new reality for mankind, accepting that an era where light would never resurface.

…until a strange phenomenon only heard from ancient legends has returned, or a variation at least. Throughout the Hollow Lands those that have died are suddenly resurrected, forbidding them the luxury of death. However, the curse seems to be more potent than the stories, as damned souls claiming to be from the Age of Fire have been denied their eternal slumber. The rekindled, they call themselves. Heroes of all ages have been reborn anew.

Now a question remains in the hearts of the living and the dead. It burns those who have rekindled with the new cycle of rebirth.. Has the First Flame returned? And if so… will you be the first to find it?

Immortal Souls will be a Faction Based 18+ Animanga Dark Souls Site that will be hosted on Jcink. The setting of the site will take place in the Age of Darkness. This is a setting that has been vastly undiscovered in the lore of Dark Souls, and thus for a year now I have been working on a very in-depth plotline that is accompanied by a homebrew variation of the Dark Fantasy world we have all come to love. It hasn't been until now that I've had the confidence to make my own site. Thank you to all the folks who showed support and interest!

The site will be a hybrid between stat based combat and creative writing, as we will be a site that is based more on PvE, Dungeon Crawling, and Legacy Dungeon elements of Dark Souls. The overwhelming statistics of the game have been simplified and adapted for a forum setting, which will be friendly to new players and older enthusiasts alike. There will also be an expansive Site Story that is driven by the players, with many NPCs to interact with and potentially discover in the Hollow Lands. There is no hand holding, no hints, only your wits. And who knows... the very fate of the Hollow Lands could be resting within your hands...

If this is something you would be interested in, feel free to follow the topic or drop some hype comments! The site should be launched in the future, but there is no fixed date. For those who aren't as patient and would like direct contact with the site setup, you may join our site's discord!
last edit on Mar 14, 2022 4:18:37 GMT by dijit.exe
pronounsshe/her
403written posts
dijit.exeearned bits
offlinecurrently
dijit.exe
dijit.exe Avatar
no talk me angy
Fun little update! I've gone ahead and shared some of the character mechanics and faction pages in IMS' discord! Such should hopefully give folks an idea of what they're working with while I struggle to set up the site. For those skeptical of joining the discord still, below is a list of features explained in the shared documents!

[ FACTIONS ]
At launch the Hollow Lands will have three main factions, with a fourth lurking within the shadows of the lands...
Coldguard: A brotherhood of weathered soldiers who live in the highlands, living to creeds that have been established since the dawn of the Age of Darkness. A prideful collective of heroes who will pounce at any opportunity to assert dominance upon their foes.
Mirror Lake Coven: A democratic group of mages who seek the depths of human existence, striving to achieve what the Age of Fire could not: knowledge. Despite being a political state they are a safe house for all magical researchers.
Order of the Lost Sun: A religious city state who's soul purpose is to protect their deity, the Whitewood Tree, and maintain it's purity. With the unknown flame making an appearance in the hollow lands, they find it and sacrifice it to their god, therefore creating light anew and forming this world' eternal holy sun.
Abyss Watchers: A group only known from their legends during the Age of Fire, only resurfacing after sparking a war against the Order of the Lost Sun. While their whereabouts are unknown, mysterious messages have been left in the strongholds of the Hollow Lands: “Prepare the Gate, For He is Coming.”

[ CHARACTER MECHANICS ]
On IMS we will be featuring a hybrid upgrade system that is heavily relied upon locked profiles. Characters are then upgraded via story progression, souls collection, and store items. Below are some features we will be implementing other than the fundamentals.
Title Cards: names of honor that heroes of the Hollow Lands recognize them by.
Constellations: characters attain boosts based on the fate aligned for them.
Character Arts: Magical, Martial, and Soul abilities unique to a character.
Faction Bonuses: Characters attain extra boosts depending on who they align themselves with.
Legendary Armaments: Through storytelling characters can attain gear from lost eras...
last edit on Mar 14, 2022 5:18:17 GMT by dijit.exe
pronounsshe/her
403written posts
dijit.exeearned bits
offlinecurrently
dijit.exe
dijit.exe Avatar
no talk me angy
IMS just opened up for Closed Beta Testing to stress test the site mechanics. While the RP section of the forum isn't open yet, we highly encourage folks to come and just, take a poke around, and play with our site mechanics!

... the actual site launch is just above the eternal night's dawn... Will you be apart of that, hero?
last edit on Mar 20, 2022 0:56:43 GMT by dijit.exe