pronounsShe/Her
1,786written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Waterfalls of whispers changed the rippling tides beyond his control. A man returned from the chilling, gruesome arena where fanfare roared about the spilling of red and claiming of lives. Never would his mind revert entirely to the way he originated. Through his years, he alleged seeing the underbelly of earth’s beast, alas, it was a falsehood. Cloaked in shadows, hiding in the pits of despair, there was always something worse. Nonetheless, the unfolding circumstances manifested a hesitance in bringing forth the disparages of recent happenings.

The blond understood it. Complete comprehension of the thoughts of others as worries of crossing the invisible line entered their minds. Nobody wanted to be the one who summoned the upset. Therefore, people avoided the topic and anything related to brief and connected to requirements of rest. Yet, the cavalier wondered if he was prepared for the discussions about everything that happened. From the blood spilling to the twisted methods of forced fighting, the circumstances were detestable and ultimately diabolical.
- Peyton Hayes in Let the Sky Fall

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,504written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Heck it. I keep waiting for 'good' posts to post excerpts, but from now on, I'm gonna find the little moments in all my posts and post them here to encourage myself when I'm not feeling confident in my writing. Hang in there, future me.

DT's blood stirs the moment her grim-faced assailant opens his mouth, and while the look she shoots him cannot be called anything close to 'mirthful', she'd be a liar if she claimed that some part of her wasn't hoping for a bit of backlash. If she can rile him up into a thrown fist, at least, it'll make up for half her drink wasted in her lap. Why don't you make me, fucker?, threatening the tip of her tongue, until:
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
Fiontan laughs a bitter laugh: or, tries to. Mockery is difficult to conjure when someone's hand is around your throat, and one war was enough to show him how fast and hard people could die.

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
703written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
"He told me that someone was looking for you. They knew you, but lacked my number."

And for the shortest moment, something flickers in her eyes—brief and unfamiliar—as her gaze quickly turns to the floor. Damn, she's almost tempted to laugh, grim as it is. Of course he was. A part of her hates that she'd saw it coming, like a lightning strike.

And, also like a lightning strike, hell does it hurt.
It's something of her own design, but still.

this is why you don't fake your death and not tell your lover, kids

coming soon.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,128written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
It didn't take too much for him to break in really, and he just left the door cracked as he walked around, looking at shit and being a nosy individual. Of course, he coulda just dropped the wallet on the table and disappeared before anyone knew he was even there, thus saving everyone a whole lot of trouble and pain that was to come, but Nix didn't think that far. No. He thought with his stomach, and right now it demanded some kind of sandwich.
last edit on Feb 9, 2021 23:44:29 GMT by AkiraTsunami

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
"selks, how would you describe your writing style?"

me:
there’s a cadence a nameless party can adopt that makes atlas’s brain convert whatever he says into some haphazard mixture of radio static and charlie brown adult speech unless she’s actively attempting to override the “Braxton Bullshit Filter” keeping her out of some inane ouroboros of an argument.
my brain looks like swiss cheese from the worms
last edit on Feb 26, 2021 0:35:54 GMT by selkie
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
"Are you vicariously expressing your own trauma through your characters?"

Me:

The brutal reality of a loved one's departure was that life went on. Every reminder that used to send her spiraling became less and less frequent as her days slowly regained a semblance of normalcy. She hated herself every second for pretending nothing was wrong. Something was missing. Something was missing and with every flickering candle and flinching hearth, she knew that the old rhythm she had settled into had changed irrevocably.

839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
He almost feels sorry for her. Well, not really. He doesn’t really give a shit—because she’s an 'undesirable'. His only sympathy is having to cite such a monologue in the first place.

No one’s going to look for you. No one is coming to save you. And no one is going to miss you.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,128written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
"You regret things you've done in the past, and that hurts more than anything else, but pain helps us grow into better, stronger versions of ourselves. All we can do is learn from it and hope for the best."

Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Sordid locals tucked away in the shadows of a city's underbelly was where he did his best work. Information flowed through them like water through a pipe. Secrets passed along from the loose lips of the drunk and neglectful. Killian might not stalk them as he used to, hungry for the secrets of their patron's, but he'd never forgotten their importance.
pronounshe/him
880written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost

His life, flashed before his eyes. His beautiful wife. His handsome son. His darling granddaughter. Days at sea, at land, warm meals and heavy drinks. Him at the helm, with the wind at his back, and the gulls cawing above him. All about to end in a flash, from one measly crab...

Now serving!