aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
So you ever been stricken by the urge to make something for sites but just don't have the time or want to waste the effort in building, advertising, and running a site?

That's where I'm at. Right now I've only got mock ups and designs, and some of the things I'm making in coding just to see what I can actually do and stuff. Though all of this is going to be screenshots. Feel free to leave comments or whatever.

site mock up for a devil my cry site: - light / dark mode

mobile mock up of skin

Posting template for imaginary site

header and nav bar for imaginary site - still needs more work tho. margins for the little diamonds need to be tweaked to fit better, would like to do a transparent gradient overlay on the picture in the big diamond. Just got to figure out how.

Board layout - specifically the getting started area. Essentially it would be a category, and the diamonds would be boards in that category. margins are wonky, haven't figured out how to fix yet.

last edit on Nov 30, 2023 1:27:36 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
aliasInez
pronounsShe/Her
100written posts
Inezearned bits
offlinecurrently
Inez
Inez Avatar
Add me on Discord: Ikutama
These are absolutely stunning!

And yeah, I code and mess around constantly (especially when I was on break from writing/sites) so I know the feeling.

That said, Devil May Cry is one of those fandoms that could be a ton of fun and a lot of potential but also a lot of work to sort lore and setting out well enough to make it engaging enough to write too (which could be said about so many fandoms these days I guess).

Great work!
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴍɪɴ ᴏɴ

ᴀ ʜᴀᴅᴇꜱ-ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʀᴇᴇᴋ ᴍʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ʀᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ
ʟꜰ ꜱᴛᴀꜰꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀᴅᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
Inez Avatar
These are absolutely stunning!

And yeah, I code and mess around constantly (especially when I was on break from writing/sites) so I know the feeling.

That said, Devil May Cry is one of those fandoms that could be a ton of fun and a lot of potential but also a lot of work to sort lore and setting out well enough to make it engaging enough to write too (which could be said about so many fandoms these days I guess).

Great work!

Yeah, thankfully I have loads of experience running my fair share of devil may cry sites. (circa 2009, 2012, 2014) It's just a matter of this will not get out of my brain. Thank you for the feedback ^_^
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
side nav menu with dropdowns for a potential guidebook nav

Was working on a thing for the guidebook and thought the idea would be cool to have this on a site. So I followed a youtube tutorial and viola(or whatever).

If ya'll want it or can improve it then be my guest:

link to codepen

Also there's this mini profile thingy

link to miniprofile thingy
last edit on Dec 9, 2023 7:17:30 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
Two new things:

A main profile I coded up

And a mini profile

With the miniprofile I'm working on it in parts with the hope of making it tabbed and pure css. The design was inspired by the game the site is based on. Specifically the devil may cry 5 character selection screen.