Where do you find RPs?

aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
391written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
I know Pixel is pretty much where much of the animanga community comes to gather and I tend to find out about RPs on Pixel, but I was wondering if there was anywhere else that people find out about RPs! Are there any other hubs that you look into? Discord servers? Word of mouth? RP search posts?

I'm actually genuinely curious because I definitely end up joining places mostly by word of mouth or a friend showing me a place and I'll want to write with my friend. I'm wondering if I would even stumble into RPing today if I hadn't already been RPing for over a decade, or if it's such a niche hobby that isn't super intuitive to accidentally find.
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
140written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
i used to be a resource site person/accidentally found a site because it got advertised ont he site i was on and it looked cool. nowadays it's solely word of mouth via my friends tbh. sorry i am not much help ilu tho

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
aliasAerie, badmin, insert profanity
pronounsShe/They
139written posts
Aerieearned bits
offlinecurrently
Aerie
Aerie Avatar
sometimes we ball, sometimes we fall.

You'll find no shortage of real life rps. Animanga rps, however, I've found are very limited. The quality ones always seem to come through here. Anytime I find an animanga rp somewhere else it's either dead or has a neon yellow skin that makes me cry.
last edit on Dec 7, 2023 12:52:12 GMT by Aerie
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
205written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
While I use this more for resources, The Roleplay Source is a good place to look at too via Discord. (They do have an animanga section that has yet to be posted in). 

Otherwise, a lot of the other ones I use Aerie already listed!
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
onlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
โ€ฆ. By affiliate jumping. I like checking sites for design inspo so i just check through affiliates and jump from site to siteโ€ฆ
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,793written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Only way I found one on here was with a search ad. Otherwise, usually just friends; but I also do not join often. I have troubles interacting with others and it ainโ€™t nobodyโ€™s fault, so my solution? Make my own sites or do private because I get motivated to interact. Private obviously I am primarily with friends so that helps a lot. Then when I am an admin, I find it easier to reach out because I want to and I want people to feel welcome. So it gives me a lot of motivation because I donโ€™t want people to feel left out, anxious or anything like that since I know that feeling. So apparently my best method for finding is making which is not very helpful. ;D
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
174written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
Affiliates, directories, ad sites, cryptic dreams, ??, and sometimes I still look at advertisement boards on forums. And being invited, and sometimes posting search threads. Toyhou.se is a place I can sometimes find RP forums that are only advertised there though I find that it's rarely anything I'm interested in playing on the moment.
last edit on Dec 8, 2023 0:13:42 GMT by Wraith
Catscape Meow!
no angel
aliasโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
pronounszimzala/bim
173written posts
ace.earned bits
offlinecurrently
ace.
ace. Avatar
I took a little piece of your heart, don't hate me.
uhhh

- sometimes-rarely a good rp server will randomly @everyone after like a year and go "we have a new project!!" and that's active for a month or two then it dies
- dumpster diving on discord.gg or whatever 
- small and ancient lj/dw comms (mostly for 1x1)
- cherp (also for 1x1s)

...typing this out has made me realize how many of my rp sources have dried up orz
last edit on Dec 8, 2023 4:06:24 GMT by ace.
aliasVii
pronounsShe/her
254written posts
viiearned bits
offlinecurrently
vii
vii Avatar
Resources and affiliate hopping is the way Iโ€™ve found sites, or sometimes through interest checks when something piques my curiosity Iโ€™ll stalk it until it opens. Iโ€™m more likely to join a site though through word of mouth or if someone I know is on it, unless it's a rare instance where it's a genre/fandom that I've been dying for.

Now on jcink!