kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
💖 ❇️ baa ~ dumm! ❇️ 💖 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
idk where to put it but i'm just wondering:

is there ever a good reason to have a banner taking up the whole screen at every page? i know typically banners are also used for you to check back to home, but are there any other good reasons? do people enjoy that aesthetic? or is it a hassle we're just used to to scroll down automatically down the banner.

i think i might have become numb to it but i do usually hate large headers. it's fun to look at but once you're walking around the forum and trying to use it, it gets disruptive.

(asking bc im wondering if i could do away with it lol)

(also this is about rp sites, not pixel in case it's confusing when you read this from the new posts lol) 
last edit on Jan 13, 2024 12:32:28 GMT by 💖 ❇️ baa ~ dumm! ❇️ 💖
pronounshe/him
732written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
i would guess that it's limitations of workaround code for most sites. there's a way to get rid of the banner at least on jcink but did I know you could do that when I first started skinning? nope.

and then it's just familiar, i guess.
last edit on Jan 14, 2024 1:22:52 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,793written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
I've found I don't really care too too much as long as it doesn't take forever to scroll or is too distracting - but the above is correct! Using the body "act class" you can make sure the banner just shows up big if you're on the main forum page, and shrink it or get rid of it on any other page!