pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
i wonder if the sign i needed to get into panfandoms is that i miss playing series canon characters. esp when there are ocs in the mix. the amount of passion i put into reframing side characters that appear for one story arc and never again was my whole existence once upon a time.
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
174written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.

I was recently thinking about why I don't get drawn to RP sites easily from ads/interest checks and talked to a few friends about it. Image-only ads have been around for long time, admittedly, but I always preferred ones that had at least some text. I like to know some information about a site before clicking a link, and sometimes interest checks for sites can serve as that, but sometimes not. I can't really get that hyped over images, especially as I'm feeling more iffy about the lack of credit. It does take effort to make graphics looks good, I can understand that since I've been there, but it says little to me if there's not much else accompanying it.

Which is why I'm fond of site searches/wanted ads/stuff like that. When I post a site search, I can get a staff member or a member who will tell me information about a site related to what I'm actively seeking. Sometimes I just directly ask someone about their site if I have a decent rapport about them; I generally don't mind it when someone I know introduces me to their site either. Discord forum advertisements tend to have more information but I generally just don't join hub servers, and compared to forum directories, said ads can get buried and unsearchable very quickly due to the nature of those channels. The downside of site searches are that I always know I'm missing out on sites by relying on them alone, so I do lurk around sometimes. And I do understand many of the whys staff may not want to even bother with responding to wanted site searches. It gets demoralizing almost-directly trying to get someone to join with no reassurance that it would actually happen, and no feedback, and so on. And it's tiring running a site and then posting ads and then there's life too... so on and on, as I said.

I was looking at some of my old skins and one I worked on for fun back in 2021, and it's satisfying making something nice that suits my preferences. I don't think every RP forum admin/designer/etc. should suddenly bend to my preferences, nor would I want that to ever happen. There's a place for everything, I just wish there were more places sometimes. I'm happy with the RP forums I've found, and I can compromise on a few things. If all of those places close, I would probably just open up one of my old projects, but I'm in no rush to RP more, especially with what I have going on. x.x

Catscape Meow!
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
I keep thinking about that time i posted in gsโ€™s random thought thread that โ€œjust had my first ic kissโ€ and a friend quoted โ€œjust had my first irl kissโ€ i was the recipient of the joke but it was still funny af and i laugh at the memory to this day
119written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
Been thinking about maybe starting a site again, but with my people skills, itโ€™ll probably just end poorly.

The idea I had would be something like a fictional island nation, possibly even a fictional world. Write a few customs different from our own so it has its own culture and all.

But the real kicker would be introducing a changing landscape. Stuff like making a certain location inaccessible for a little because โ€œthe school is undergoing renovationsโ€ and temporarily asking any students with school-related threads to do so in another location (like maybe the school hires the local events venue to conduct classes).

Maybe there can be a tsunami, or a fierce storm where inhabitants are asked to stay indoors and you can have cosy โ€œsnuggle up together during the stormโ€ threads. (Alternately, be stuck in the office with no way to get home during a storm.)

There can also be more mundane stuff, like โ€œprice of apples surges due to large apple freighter being lost at seaโ€ or โ€œlatest trend for kids: meowing like a catโ€ and just having that be something to incorporate into your threads.

You know, a site that constantly throws prompts at members to encourage writing new stuff. Throw in an undercurrent of a plot so youโ€™re not just slice-of-life-ing and bang.

But urghhh, getting a skin, recruiting staff, attracting membersโ€ฆ I get a stomachache just thinking about it. 

Please take this idea and let me roleplay on your site.

EDIT: Just saw  post something very similar in a Harvest Moon-site mechanics thread, so I guess that means I'm looking for a Harvest Moon site.
last edit on Apr 19, 2024 17:04:53 GMT by traveller
"Since you claim you're so much wiser, why's your life spent all alone?"
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
140written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
very specific :tm: rp moment where: "oh hey, i find it really easy to write drayton (pokemon)" only to realise he exhibits an extremely key part of my life when all of his songs on the playlist i made for him are made up of 2010s "school/life pessimism vocaloid songs" + more recent syudou and well.

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
aliasAerie, badmin, insert profanity
pronounsShe/They
139written posts
Aerieearned bits
offlinecurrently
Aerie
Aerie Avatar
sometimes we ball, sometimes we fall.
i really want to participate in an art-less site, no face claims. just to see what it's like and if i put more into my writing since that's the only focus.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,793written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I have stunned myself with how much I wrote for abilities for one character. However, at the same time, I am very happy about it. How the abilities work really satisfied me and makes me happy. I just love adding little intricacies or flourishes. It gives me a ton of satisfaction.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I have decided, after the need of copy pasting like everything a hundred some times, I will just include base abilities for certain species and people can just add to it. =.=

119written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
I have this desire to write a character who invites another out to a masked ball, but he's doing it so he can brag to his nemesis they're his romantic partner.

Little does he know, his nemesis had the same idea, but he invites the other character's actual partner.

This'd be too messy to write but it's so fun in my head.
last edit on Apr 20, 2024 20:27:20 GMT by traveller
"Since you claim you're so much wiser, why's your life spent all alone?"
pronounsthey/him
57written posts
gmotearned bits
offlinecurrently
gmot
gmot Avatar
this is war
Aerie Avatar
i really want to participate in an art-less site, no face claims. just to see what it's like and if i put more into my writing since that's the only focus.
i've actually thought about this a lot and almost made one where the icons were just aesthetic images