write a reply

what's on your mind: RP Edition

pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar

I thought it would be cute to do a thread similar to 'post a random thought', but centered more around RP!

I'll start: I'm sooo curious how big the animanga community is as a whole. Like both consistently and overall. 

Like maybe, right now, there are ~1000 users? But probably way over when considering even inactive members.
the eldritch truth
pronounsHe/Him
1,101written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
Hmm, probably, though I'd say that's probably roughly how many there are in animanga on forums alone - in English. The Discord RP community has got to be wayyyy bigger, IMO, maybe like 5,000?

My thought, related, is that foreign-language RP is probably also a large community - I remember, years ago, tons of french sites for Naruto, Bleach, mostly Shonen stuff.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,329written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
add the regression tag Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
the aslan and mob rp still lives rent free in my head esp when someoen says rp is dying
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,792written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I want to do so many little muse things for my characters. Only real issue is that it takes time. However, I have wanted to finish some of my character short stories and even consider working on a couple of poems and such since I enjoy the medium. Time and muse refuse to be my friends at the moment though.
no angel
alias██████
pronounszimzala/bim
173written posts
ace.earned bits
offlinecurrently
ace.
ace. Avatar
I took a little piece of your heart, don't hate me.
i've wanted to write a big bad's Baddest, most Trusting, most Long-suffering (but still) Loyal peon for a while now but it's rare to see villains in the rpc (and whenever they've popped up my peon-hood did not last for x y z reason)

maybe 2024 can be the year...*fist clench*

...also don't want to double post but i miss making gfx so much...*longingly looks towards the site teasers currently up*
last edit on Jan 25, 2024 5:55:14 GMT by ace.
aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
207written posts
Solaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
I am in this weird limbo of: I love all the characters I write rn but I've got too much to reply to so I'm overwhelmed yet I don't want to drop any threads or anyone so I. Just. Need. To sit down and do it
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,329written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
i used to care about my character's bdays but now i juse use a birthday generator
pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
specthare Avatar
Jan 23, 2024 20:02:38 GMT @specthare said:
trying to find art with the right vibe for a setting is so hard. and that isn't ai made.
The fight against ai art is real. It's always a shame to find a piece that just clicks and then you find out its ai generated....
pronounshe/him
731written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
so we're gonna try to start working on the novel built thru RP (we're gonna make the first draft by RP'ing out scenes, and then add/edit things later). i am determined to finish this. like. i can't be one of two people obsessed with these two anymore.

i need this. i NEED THIS.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,329written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
it really makes me feel powerful when i play characters i don't usually play (and people aren't expecting it)