pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
How does one get people to pick up want ads reliably? Mine are always very open for all sorts of adventures.
pronounsshe/her
194written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
Noire Avatar
Been thinking real hard lately about defining characters not just by their trauma and flaws, but also by their accomplishments and the skills they actively choose to pursue.

I'm a "write to understand the world" sort rather than a "write to escape it", so leaning on darker themes has always oddly been a source of comfort for me. But in my perpetual need to try something new and the inundation of manufactured outrage all around us, focusing on characters who have healed from their past and how the endeavour has shaped their present just seems more interesting now.
I feel like we've swapped journeys, hahaha. I usually have written 'good' characters overcoming what has felt like an insurmountable darkness, where their healing and redemption is the focus of their story -- they refuse to let their trauma define them. It's super fun and rewarding storytelling, and I hope you're having a great time with it.

I'm going the opposite way now and writing a slow and inevitable descent into tragic villainy. It's been exciting for me to write a character who has access to storytelling avenues I can't write in 'good' characters, exploring emotions that I wouldn't want to IRL. There's something so satisfying about exploring new character storytelling directions, isn't there?
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,793written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
onlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I kinda wanna try doing character journals again at some point. For the characters who would write them of course! I kind it fun to write a character's thoughts and feelings sometimes.
aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
207written posts
Solaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
I am having the worst depression episode of my life and I kind of have to reevaluate how much i'm doing per day with threads and such. What stuff sparks joy and what doesn't. It's never wrong to ask someone to drop a thread because you're trudging through it!
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
391written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
rabbitears Avatar
How does one get people to pick up want ads reliably? Mine are always very open for all sorts of adventures.
A lot of getting ballsy enough to jump into people's DMs and messaging them if I think a wanted ad of mine matches something that they were interested in doing. Even if it's not a perfect match, my wanted ads tend to have a lot of room for people to take the wanted ad in any direction that they want, with suggestions for possibilities to at least help give a platform to start building on. I think to be successful at getting wanted ads filled, you need a combination of make it easy enough for anyone new to jump right in (especially if this is the first time someone's joining a site, which is probably the easiest opportunity to get someone to pick up a wanted because they'll want to start RPing with people when they first hop on) without needing to know very much, and a sprinkle of friendliness to help welcome someone onboard and to get them excited to start on a site. I know when I'm first on a site, I try to pick up a wanted ad and see if it helps me stickโ€” also, it helps when someone says they're really excited that I'm picking up their wanted ad. Make me want to write and I'll write! 
pronounsshe, her
200written posts
offlinecurrently
clefairy ๐ŸŒ™
clefairy ๐ŸŒ™ Avatar
I need to get better about perceptions of my writing. I get into a "it's okay" --> "oh God it's terrible, burn it all" cycle, especially when not writing in such a long time.

If anything I just need to write gdi. Imma fight myself.
pronounsD A R K
259written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
I roleplay to escape the failings of my body.
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
140written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
me here like "oh i know when i REALLY want to write a char and that's because i automatically go to do their replies while doing others"

no apparently my clue was that i just made a playlist for drayton pokemon in under three minutes

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
205written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
It still ruffles my feathers even though it's been a few months. I got moved to inactive when I clearly posted when I needed for an activity check. I was so peeved I kindda just left without a word. Wasn't going to fight it or anything.

In non-aggravating RP thoughts, I'm itching to RP on forums again (getting a small fix through a little bit of discord and FFXIV) but nothing beats forum RP for me now.