802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
illidan main Avatar
reminds me that i was going to make Bella Swan as a Blank, Warhammer 40k style-- AU where Edward never came back, Bella grew up and realized she didn't need him, and also now she's on a world where being immune to psychics is uniquely useful.
this is such an interesting concept. would you keep the vampirism aspect? also would give you room to have someone bring edward back and be like, "hey babe i'm back" and your bella swan gets to have the satisfaction of telling him to take an intergalactic hike. 
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
hanny Avatar
coding main profiles makes me wonder whether people prefer tabs or just a full length profile... i like tabs bc it keeps stuff condensed (hate coding them tho) but there's something nice about having all the info just There........

the options did not convince me to code a tabbed version though

while this didn't need an answer, for me it's a little bit of both? Having all the important, need to know kind of information on one tab, and then all the extra things on other tabs is really nice. And by important information I mean the kind of stuff admins need to know in order to really accept a character, vs things that are important to the character, but not necessarily important to being accepted sort of thing. Otherwise, the base answer is that I prefer scrolling a million miles to the bottom rather than figure out how the tabs work lol.

pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
profit of doom Avatar
illidan main Avatar
reminds me that i was going to make Bella Swan as a Blank, Warhammer 40k style-- AU where Edward never came back, Bella grew up and realized she didn't need him, and also now she's on a world where being immune to psychics is uniquely useful.
this is such an interesting concept. would you keep the vampirism aspect? also would give you room to have someone bring edward back and be like, "hey babe i'm back" and your bella swan gets to have the satisfaction of telling him to take an intergalactic hike. 
Nah, I'm setting her canon point during New Moon and Bella realizes she's an idiot teenager who was ready to make a decision that should absolutely not be made at 17. She's a human, and learning the advantages of being human. Since it's panfandom, I was debating having her know someone from the Imperium, but my only lined-up Imperium OC is a chaos-fallen Sororitas that actively shames her sisters because "actually, maybe things should change. maybe they'll be better." is open heresy.

But the idea of her being some sort of person immune to the eldritch horror of the world because she's effectively Soulless and cannot be impacted on that level seems like a really fun idea. And if Edward showed up, she'd probably just shrug and go "yeah that's the guy I wanted to date in high school" but now that she's 25, she doesn't really find a 17 year old boy physically or emotionally attractive. I'd probably want a Charlie more than any Cullens, or maybe even a grown-up Jacob.
last edit on Jun 22, 2024 22:50:43 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
illidan main Avatar
profit of doom Avatar
Nah, I'm setting her canon point during New Moon and Bella realizes she's an idiot teenager who was ready to make a decision that should absolutely not be made at 17. She's a human, and learning the advantages of being human. Since it's panfandom, I was debating having her know someone from the Imperium, but my only lined-up Imperium OC is a chaos-fallen Sororitas that actively shames her sisters because "actually, maybe things should change. maybe they'll be better." is open heresy.

But the idea of her being some sort of person immune to the eldritch horror of the world because she's effectively Soulless and cannot be impacted on that level seems like a really fun idea. And if Edward showed up, she'd probably just shrug and go "yeah that's the guy I wanted to date in high school" but now that she's 25, she doesn't really find a 17 year old boy physically or emotionally attractive. I'd probably want a Charlie more than any Cullens, or maybe even a grown-up Jacob.

okay so i like, read this while on call with my friends and we are all extremely morbidly curious (in a good way) to see how this would be played out. as a lover of playing middle aged men and shitty dads, i would love to play charlie swan for you if i knew absolutely anything about warhammer 40k. i am warhammer-curious but the amount of stuff for it is highkey overwhelming lmao
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,354written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
i always love when sites build their systems with the explicit thought of people joining months after opening + needing to catch up to the group, that's just good energy all-around

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
i keep finding interesting places that i'd like to rp in but then i remember i've got like no remaining spoons for new things. T.T

aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
230written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
「我等の天下だ 神など要らない。」
come to the realisation that with the existence of guidebooks/redirect, i'm perfectly fine with a site premise, welcome, plot, rules etc. all being in a guidebook, but you're a godless heathen if you make them separate topics within a welcome forum. on the other hand, claims being separate topics outside a guidebook? top tier. all in a guidebook? why
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
my brain wants to do the writey thing but there is like practically no active topics for me to writey in. my body also decided that sitting in chair for too long is horrible and phone posts are a nightmare T.T