pronounsshe/they
12written posts
revenoireearned bits
offlinecurrently
revenoire
revenoire Avatar

lantern rite:
a sci-fantasy roleplay inspired by xianxia and xuanhuan

Immortality has been achieved, as has spaceflight. With terraforming technology, almost all planets in this solar system have become inhabitable. With a central government, there have been no large conflicts. What, then, does one seek?

Many pursue mastery over qi, a mystical energy that allows one to perform supernatural feats. They join sects to learn their inherited techniques for that purpose. But what else is there to life? The answer for many: companionship and love.

One of Planet Nimbusโ€™ five moons, Harmony, is known in the solar system as the Loveseekerโ€™s Moon. Famous for being a central location for weddings and meetings, it is also home to the Wishing Tree, where soulmates are said to have their fates intertwined.

Amidst the joyful nature of the moon, an unexpected tragedy has occurred: a murder. This unprecedented event has prompted a shutdown of interplanetary travel. No one is able to enter or leave the moon until the culprit is caught.

Unions happen all the time, and surely this is not the first murder that has happened on Harmony, so why is this crime being treated so seriously? Despite the inconvenience of not being able to return home, there is little to be upset about. After all, your accommodations are being generously paid for, and the moon has plenty of amenities.

Whether you join the investigation team, continue to search for your soulmate, or otherwise take advantage of your free stay, you will return home. The question is: when?

hi it's me back with another idea. i'm not off my sci-fi/sci-fantasy kick, but the urge for something inspired by asian fantasy has manifested itself and the obvious answer was to combine the two.

thus far, most of the skin and lore is complete. i'm looking to gauge interest in the concept, especially since the current idea is to let members create their own lore, from groups to abilities, if they would like to. the site will tentatively be semi-private, though this is subject to change.

please do let me know if you're interested and/or have questions or suggestions!

last edit on Feb 3, 2024 1:08:33 GMT by revenoire
aliasnoire
pronounsshe/they
12written posts
revenoireearned bits
offlinecurrently
revenoire
revenoire Avatar
thank you so much for the interest! i wasn't sure if there'd be anyone interested in this concept at all, and y'all have made my day!

i'd love to get some feedback on what's written so far. to that end i've created an interest form. the first question is optional and asks if you're willing to provide some private feedback ahead of opening. hope to hear from you!