704written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
The Law Avatar
Anyone interested in a modern fantasy/occult RPG in a Japanese urban setting? The premise revolves primarily around conflict between humans and monsters, with a government agency known as the Night Department having recruited Guardians (I.e. Humans from ancient bloodlines that are gifted with spiritual powers) in order to maintain peace and order between the human and monster worlds, and to suppress rampaging monsters and rogue spiritualist, and maintain the masquerade. It's primarily influenced by occult fantasy animanga series and games such as Ga-Rei, Night Agent: I'm the Savior, Kujaku-Oh/Peacock King, etc.
one of my friends found a couple trpgs with a similar premise to this (Kuro and Kamigakari, specifically) and I gotta say—I am Very Much Into This Premise thank u for ur time

coming soon.
241written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
CEL Avatar
The Law Avatar
Anyone interested in a modern fantasy/occult RPG in a Japanese urban setting? The premise revolves primarily around conflict between humans and monsters, with a government agency known as the Night Department having recruited Guardians (I.e. Humans from ancient bloodlines that are gifted with spiritual powers) in order to maintain peace and order between the human and monster worlds, and to suppress rampaging monsters and rogue spiritualist, and maintain the masquerade. It's primarily influenced by occult fantasy animanga series and games such as Ga-Rei, Night Agent: I'm the Savior, Kujaku-Oh/Peacock King, etc.
one of my friends found a couple trpgs with a similar premise to this (Kuro and Kamigakari, specifically) and I gotta say—I am Very Much Into This Premise thank u for ur time

It's good to see somebody's got interest! The thing is the RP is already in the process of being put together even as I posted the quick interest check. But people expressing interest no doubt just spurs me on! :D
25written posts
macaronearned bits
offlinecurrently
macaron
macaron Avatar
A slice of life taking place in a small desert town full of mysteries and eerie stuff happening around and in the neighboring ghost town. Adults try to ignore the town's reputation, but sometimes paranormal buffs visit because they heard about people vanishing after entering the old mine. On the other hand, some residents are way more concerned about someone finding out their family secrets (was the great-grandma a smuggler?) or stories they want to forget.

Something which is more atmospheric, I guess? And about what could happen if you dig what you shouldn't?
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
macaron Avatar
A slice of life taking place in a small desert town full of mysteries and eerie stuff happening around and in the neighboring ghost town. Adults try to ignore the town's reputation, but sometimes paranormal buffs visit because they heard about people vanishing after entering the old mine. On the other hand, some residents are way more concerned about someone finding out their family secrets (was the great-grandma a smuggler?) or stories they want to forget.

Something which is more atmospheric, I guess? And about what could happen if you dig what you shouldn't?
 I was actually thinking of doing this, but like set in the town of riverdale with a murder mystery in the works
aliasrico, holly
pronounsshe/her, they/them
85written posts
ricochetearned bits
offlinecurrently
ricochet
ricochet Avatar
you say, "how can you love me this way?" i say, "it's easy but i can't explain"
so am i gonna have to make the dnd rp. cuz im gonna. optional animanga fcs, with the choice to go completely without a fc and describe ur character in their bio. dragons. a lot of dragons. some dungeons. character shenanigans, political bs. delicious.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
ricochet Avatar
so am i gonna have to make the dnd rp. cuz im gonna. optional animanga fcs, with the choice to go completely without a fc and describe ur character in their bio. dragons. a lot of dragons. some dungeons. character shenanigans, political bs. delicious.
got one cookin' atm, but an interest check won't be dropping for another three weeks (give or take).

O_o
pronounsshe/her
404written posts
scyllaearned bits
offlinecurrently
scylla
scylla Avatar
ricochet Avatar

chefs kiss
Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
ricochet Avatar

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
pronounshe/him/his
13written posts
saintearned bits
offlinecurrently
saint
saint Avatar
I don't want to give too much away since it's a quick interest thread, but I'll be more than happy to provide more details in a separate if there's enough interest gathered.

I was thinking of making a dystopian elemental abilities roleplay in a fantasy setting. A quick rundown of the premise would be that the country of [NAME HERE] has been caught in a war with another country and eventually [NAME HERE] lost the war which put the country into a full on panic. Concerns on resources like food were as high as ever and many people turned their heads to the government, who looked the other way. A civil revolution erupted as a response and attempted to overthrow the government. The rich decided to step in and promised to use their money for the greater good. The public would be worried about leaving their lives in the hands of one of the most corrupt groups in [NAME HERE] but they had no other choice.

Regret becomes apparent when they saw that their country only became worse. The rich rules wit an iron fist and at this point everyone is looking after themselves. Basically in the country, you either hunt or become the hunted. Gangs and factions have formed to look after each other while setting a goal of what they would see as a utopia. Others well, they just like the chaos. Crime has increased higher than ever with forcing the average person to learn how to defend themselves.

The setting in terms of architecture and construction will be based on steampunk designs while inventions will have aa futuristic twist that involves things like communication and weaponry.

FCs will obviously be animanga, and I can even throw in mutants into the mix for those that don't want to play completely human looking characters!

I do plan to still work on this even if this doesn't get much interest but like I said before, I will be happy to provide more details in a separate thread if there's some buzz around this idea. I think it'll also be good for me to broaden my experience on worldbuilding and lore making too!