write a reply

What are you watching?

211written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
The only other anime I'm keeping up with is Sonny Boy, which is shocking considering how much I've enjoyed Case Study as a manga, but I like them just as much as each other. Often times, though, I feel like I'm not exactly Big Brained :tm: enough for what's happening, or like there's symbolism going on I'm missing. ... Or maybe it's just an Eva case where the imagery is mostly just there to look cool. Either way, very good. I would die for Mizuho, aaaaah.

omg i'm watching this too! high five. the show is kind of baffling but i was drawn in by how strange the premise is and how the show is so brazen about dropping you into the mess and not explaining itself at all.

another weird anime i'm half-watching while hate-working (yay remote jobs) is Burning Kabaddi. anyone else heard of this?! i was so amazed because i had no idea Japan does this type of wrestling game too. my parents used to watch kabaddi matches back home in Punjab and my siblings used to joke about muttering "kabaddi" while chasing each other as kids. it's very surreal to see an anime about what i assume is mostly an Indian sport. the animation is kinda bad though :S
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
249written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
gimmick Avatar
not watching it yet but you bet I WILL be. The art style is so painterly? World seems cool? Am a fan

It feels... weird? that they're not tying in as much LoL lore as they could be? Like "the undercity" has a name, it's Zaun.

Finally got started on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and it's so nice to have a show where everyone is at least minimally competent.
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
nobody asked but squid game is hyped BECAUSE it's good. binged all of it with my sisters recently and we had a blast
last edit on Oct 21, 2021 9:21:05 GMT by honey and the forgor land
211written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
i started watching a lot of Critical Role on youtube. didn't know much about D&D before this other than a Freaks and Geeks episode i saw about it a long time ago (Carlos the Dwarf). but i'm really enjoying how the narrative can go from inane to hysterical to goofy at any moment.

some other things i've watched lately:

Corpse Bride. anyone else feel like this movie is awesome but like, you would've loved to have more plot? such an amazing dark victorian setting with dry, macabre humor and clay animation... i could watch a whole series like this. 

Les Diaboliques. interesting premise: a woman conspires with her husband's mistress to kill her husband, but then his body disappears... slow start, intriguing middle, very absorbing and suspenseful ending. worth watching for the last sequence alone. i just realized how easy it is to get spooked out by old movies... they don't move the camera much, it's hard to make things out in black & white, and the ambience is so hush-hush quiet that you feel like you're getting sucked into something and can't look away.

Spider-man 3. i think i erased this movie from my brain as a kid because it felt like a letdown after how awesome Spider-man 2 was, but i just watched it again and... wow it's so stupid still. but also insanely funny. i keep rewatching the dance sequences. somehow Raimi movies have that quality where it's like, i'm aware of how cheesy this is... but also not SO AWARE AND META that i'm being elitist and ruining all the fun.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,511written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Finally finished Revolutionary Girl Utena today (this time, I got my husband to watch it with me to make sure I didn't suddenly forget to keep going even when I was enjoying it like last time, sdkljfdkjfhsdf) and I'm coping with graphics, hhhhh, I have a lot of feelings about it.
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
536written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
Picked back up my Netflix subscription just for the new season of Aggretsuko and trying out Hotel del Luna. I don't typically stay long with kdramas but I'm trying my best for my girl IU here. Premise so far is fun, quirky, weird, and has a dash of ghosties horror that I do enjoy.
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
i'm rewatching 'the 12 kingdoms' bc the artstyle filtered me when i was like a tween
also: ccs whenever i'm in the mood for it
last edit on Dec 21, 2021 18:22:13 GMT by cae
aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
551written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
anime-wise im rewatching the best 2000s series obvsly princess tutu

netflix-wise i'm tossing a coin to witcher season 2
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
on that witcher 2 train. book fans complaining about characters and writing, i'm over here like ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ "henry cavill pretty"
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW