aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
569written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
selkie Avatar
insecure people who are fine where they're at are going to be pissed at you for all eternity, but that's their problem to deal with, so let them be miserable. please let 2022 be the year staff just boot people

xcuse me as i paint a 2021 meme to better capture the 2022 vibe

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
i am honored i inspired the desire for creation 😭😭😭

+1 tho, this is def the tldr of my bullshit, and im manifesting this for 2022 in the same way i manifested playable miss yae miko in jenshin impact
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
pronounsshe/they
67written posts
cilaearned bits
offlinecurrently
cila
cila Avatar
SPIRELE Avatar

damn. some of these comments got me like O_o i got the wrong definition of inclusive.

welcome to the neighborhood. we're not really inclusive cause we don't allow people who murder their neighbors and i'm like WHOA.

bruh.

i greet you when u arrive. i answer your questions. i look over your app and initial plot to see if i can workshop that. if not no biggie.

aside from that, i probably engage with you where OUR interest align. that's it! ez pz. that's inclusive to me.

there r people who i've known for months who i haven't RPed with (due to our characters / plots / what we want to write not coinciding) but i still play games w/ them... when / if what we want to play intersect. n that's fine!

rt

also at a certain point it's on the new members to engage the community and make an active effort to get to know people. two way street my friends
last edit on Jan 12, 2022 20:11:58 GMT by cila
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I really enjoy the people that come in from nowhere and become integral parts of the community. Ask all the questions, make all the friends. Don't expect the staff to lead them through every little thing. It's so awesome.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
PHIMBO Avatar
another big factor to maintain site longevity is staff's adaptability to sometimes overnight change. people come and they go, regardless of the reason, and sometimes Big Plot Movers leave behind a power vacuum.

a fair amount of people are inherently reluctant to sudden change. it might be easier said than done, but those who desire longevity should (at least) try to work towards refining their improvisational skills in order to adapt plot (both current and future happenings) to the whims of the ever-shifting member base.
screams @ myself trying to wind down after four fuckin lectures in one day and instead coming back to this bc i was designated YA protagonist at birth i fuckin guess

i sometimes get the impression i am someone people envy / look up to, in regards to """success""" in rp, and for whatever my fuckin' take is worth, i think the secret to success in rp is absolutely this.

rather than expecting people to be who they're not, i think it's better in the long run to take things as they are, and to use sudden community shakeups as an opportunity to work on your crisis management skills.

people are unpredictable. because people are unpredictable, unpredictable things happen in communities, and sometimes that leads to the creation of problems in your life.

getting emotional about a problem doesn't fix a problem. i think you should allow yourself to get emotional about a problem, but i think you should do it with the awareness that it isn't going to fix the problem, and i would very much recommend not trying to fix the problem until you feel like you're through it emotionally. (and, i'm editing to say: my personal policy on the matter is "if i'm still bothered about this in a week, i'll deal with it then." i have had to deal with a problem on this front a grand total of once.)

assigning blame for a problem, on yourself or others, doesn't fix a problem.

talking about a problem doesn't fix a problem.

the only way to fix a problem is to figure out a way to fix. the. problem.

and i think the best way to fix problems in rp is to understand that you are not obligated to anything in rp. full stop. all of us have lives outside of internet - this is a hobby we all invest precious free time in until the climate wars kick off. so the best solutions to problems, imo, rely on putting on your girl/boy/themboss hat and to #getshitdone.

is that easier said and done, is there probably someone reading this who wants to hit me with a "we can't all be neurotypical, karen" - and, i would like to disclaim, if anyone tries to come at me with that, i am going to body themand is that significantly more fear-inducing than coping with the problem by not fixing the problem? yes - and, again, hobby, free time, and i'm not particularly in the business of judging people. but does that work do wonders for your health, and the health of your community as a whole? anecdotally speaking - yes. 100%.
last edit on Jan 19, 2022 4:43:19 GMT by selkie
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
The best part of being an admin is watching the other staff members try to overthrow the government. "REJECT THE APPS!" "KICK THE ADMIN FROM DISCORD" -can we do that? no? D<- HAHAHAH of course it's all in fun, we love each other, but it's hilarious anyways watching them try to establish some kind of power over me like I'm not the server god.

-I swear it's all in fun, I'm not really so full of myself-

pronounshe/him
418written posts
Salmonearned bits
offlinecurrently
Salmon
Salmon Avatar
AkiraTsunami Avatar
The best part of being an admin is watching the other staff members try to overthrow the government. "REJECT THE APPS!" "KICK THE ADMIN FROM DISCORD" -can we do that? no? D<- HAHAHAH of course it's all in fun, we love each other, but it's hilarious anyways watching them try to establish some kind of power over me like I'm not the server god.

-I swear it's all in fun, I'm not really so full of myself-

Give me admin perms so I can reject your character apps you coward!
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
absolutely love getting surprised by other staff on the admin team. a surprise new ad? very sexy. new fun event? you're a boss ass bitch. spontaneous server games? that was so much fun!

staffing isn't always easy or fun, but sometimes you get a beautiful reminder that you're not doing this alone
aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
702written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
marmie Avatar
absolutely love getting surprised by other staff on the admin team. a surprise new ad? very sexy. new fun event? you're a boss ass bitch. spontaneous server games? that was so much fun!

staffing isn't always easy or fun, but sometimes you get a beautiful reminder that you're not doing this alone

I wish I could find a team like this. Even when some of my interest checks have shown interested candidates, I am still stuck doing it all on my own. And it is very hard to stay motivated after I work really hard on something...
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I love my staff?? I mean. I do most everything by myself because I'm a damn control freak. But the staff I do have, are really there to step in when I need them to. They learn the lore, they get to know me and my crazy whacked out ideas, and put up with my ever shifting plot designs. They help answer all the questions and pick up the slack when I'm not around and it's really.... Nice?? To wake up and see messages in the discord of the staff all banding together and answering questions for people that joined when I was sleeping or gone. To uphold the integrity of the site in the most honest ways possible. It's really refreshing and I love that.

pronounshe/him
792written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
late on the inclusive discussion but:

when i say my sites are inclusive, this means i'm going to be doing my best to make an environment that isn't transphobic, racist, homophobic, ableist, or sexist. it means i'm striving to make an environment where you can create a trans character and not immediately be told "well i don't know how to thread with trans characters." it means i'm not going to make you earn the right to play a disabled character. it means i'm not going to insist that only cisgender heterosexual characters can be leaders. i'm not going to punish a player who only creates female characters and immediately assume they're only after shinies.

all of these i have issues with in the past in my fandom, and these are things I have been deliberate to avoid. i also try to lead by example here by playing a diverse cast.

what it doesn't mean to me is that you allow any asshole into your space and upset the balance of your RP. that's not inclusive-- that's being spineless.
last edit on Jan 20, 2022 20:38:51 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
all hail Garfield and the Holy Lasagna
pronounsshe/her
403written posts
dijit.exeearned bits
offlinecurrently
dijit.exe
dijit.exe Avatar
no talk me angy
As a staffer... oh boy, allow me to list off some of my sins.

1. Im an asshole. But a loveable one. It doesnt make sense.
2. do not have pity parties in my general chat, cut it out.
3. currently I've been wagging war against 6 year old mechanics on my site. let it burn.
4. I am the mod of anarchy.
5. I take on more work than I should. Im startled that I'm alive.
a. oh what are these projects you ask?
i. 3 whole ass events, one of which I took from a staffer who got fired.
ii. site skin update.
iii. event plotting. I have a road map going out three years.
6. did I mention im an asshole.

tl;dr i have issues.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I have had to put off an idea I said would be ready by January because I keep getting too sick to work on it. I don't like making people wait for things T.T

internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,822written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
I do my best to be nice, kind, helpful - and do all my staff duties when asked. I am the person you just glance at and I'm already in the code-parts fixing something.

I will always get someone telling me that I'm scary and at this point I own it. Let me be scary and fix your table code, please, or I'll look at you from the corner of my eye on my throne of squishmallows.