aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,516written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
Facing a conundrum and wondering what your approach would be. :'3

I recently switched skins in jcink. But the old custom fields did not match the new skin, so I have about 30+ fields now since the old skin was a user profile app, and for testing purposes, I made new custom fields for the new skin so it didn't interrupt the old skin... So now... Should I edit the old field names to match and break everything for a bit or just keep the new custom fields and delete all the unused ones, even though... They'll all be out of order now :'3 my OCD is screaming at me right now.

You should be able to re-order your custom fields if you go the route of deleting the unused fields, though it's a really tedious process. If you only have a handful of fields, though, it hopefully shouldn't be too bad?

If you go to Custom Profile Fields and edit one, there's a field called 'Display Order'. There should be a mini-description of what that does there in the edit page, but the basic jist is that if you have three custom fields - age, pronouns, and nicknames, in that order - they'll by default display in the order of age -> pronouns -> nicknames in the user control panel. But if you want them in the order of nickname -> age -> pronouns, instead, you can edit 'nickname' to have 1 in the Display Order box, edit 'age' to have 2 in the display order box, and 'pronouns' gets set to 3.

Uuuuuuh, as for my staffing confession: I'm bad at it.
last edit on Nov 10, 2021 19:55:49 GMT by pharaoh leap
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,162written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I should be working on something. I feel like such a bad staff member lately. I haven't really done much of anything. Yes, I'm caught up on my replies but there should be something else that I should be doing to encourage member activity or something idk. Maybe I'll make an activity event, give away points and the like.

Another side note. I have an idea for a site in my head that won't go away but it's something I'm unfamiliar with doing and yeah. I'll probably never do it but it's going to sit there and bother me because I'm fascinated by it but the sheer amount of effort. T.T

aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
670written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
pharaoh leap Avatar
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
Facing a conundrum and wondering what your approach would be. :'3

I recently switched skins in jcink. But the old custom fields did not match the new skin, so I have about 30+ fields now since the old skin was a user profile app, and for testing purposes, I made new custom fields for the new skin so it didn't interrupt the old skin... So now... Should I edit the old field names to match and break everything for a bit or just keep the new custom fields and delete all the unused ones, even though... They'll all be out of order now :'3 my OCD is screaming at me right now.
You should be able to re-order your custom fields if you go the route of deleting the unused fields, though it's a really tedious process. If you only have a handful of fields, though, it hopefully shouldn't be too bad?

If you go to Custom Profile Fields and edit one, there's a field called 'Display Order'. There should be a mini-description of what that does there in the edit page, but the basic jist is that if you have three custom fields - age, pronouns, and nicknames, in that order - they'll by default display in the order of age -> pronouns -> nicknames in the user control panel. But if you want them in the order of nickname -> age -> pronouns, instead, you can edit 'nickname' to have 1 in the Display Order box, edit 'age' to have 2 in the display order box, and 'pronouns' gets set to 3.

Uuuuuuh, as for my staffing confession: I'm bad at it.

But does deleting or reordering them make them all... Ordered properly number wise? Like let's say I need to delete field 2 but keep 1 and 3... Will field 3 become field 2?

Bc I have 32, and if I delete some, it might be like 1, 2, 3, 16, 17, 29, etc... ;w;

My confession is I want to keep it nice and clean but lolll it's so messy.

coming soon.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,516written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
But does deleting or reordering them make them all... Ordered properly number wise? Like let's say I need to delete field 2 but keep 1 and 3... Will field 3 become field 2?

Bc I have 32, and if I delete some, it might be like 1, 2, 3, 16, 17, 29, etc... ;w;

My confession is I want to keep it nice and clean but lolll it's so messy.

Field numbers won't change unfortunately, no. :c I don't know if this helps at all, but it's only admin-side that the field numbers themselves matter. At the very least, no one else will have to look at 'em?
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,162written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Welp. I started making a thing. I'm sure I won't ever actually open a second site but it can sit here in the site graveyard with my 192787156t287169230 other ideas.

242written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
If we're gonna be talking about the graveyard of stillborn site ideas, here's a few of mine. XD

Cyber Psychic: My first foray into a fandom-specific RP. Specifically, it's an alternate continuity, canon-divergent Silent Mรถbius RP. Had intended for both canons and OCs, and while the overarching narrative is meant to focus around the AMP Department (where unlike canon, players can write guys as AMP officers too), there will also be options to play Tokyo Metropolitan Police officers, gangsters, and just plain ol' ordinary civilians.

Ascendancy: A sandbox superpowers RP set in a high-tech, dystopian future of the 22nd century. The emergence of people with superhuman/supernatural abilities known as "Ascendants" during the early 21st century has led to the creation of a new world order. The thing is that this particular premise wasn't made with a central, overarching plot in mind but a sandbox where members are free to explore in whatever direction they like. Whether they want to involve themselves in the power plays and political manoeuvrings of the Ascendant ruling elite, lead a rebellion of disenfranchised normals, or just plain ol' Ascendant or normal folks going about regular day-to-day businesses, is up to them.
pronounshe/him
418written posts
Salmonearned bits
offlinecurrently
Salmon
Salmon Avatar
I had a couple of sites that I made way back when I had any sort of energy for the venture

Sinnerโ€™s Pride: Freedom Wars RP from when the game was still new and a huge ass hyperfixation for me. It never got any members so I migrated to PoF from there

Secrets of Veldora: Some fantasy plot that Iโ€™d been world building for for several years. Maybe one day when I learn to draw people Iโ€™ll make it itโ€™s own thing, but I had a solid majority of the plot all set out. It just sort of died along with another site I had going when I was in the middle of moving towns

Deathโ€™s Call: Post apocalyptic dystopian hell wherein demons invaded Earth brought about a plague that wiped out most of the worldโ€™s population and Sydney, Australia was the last standing city that could sustain human life. No one really joined outside of like two friends and I was also in the middle of moving so it just kind of died within the first month

Broken Unity: A failed attempt at reviving DC via an au where demons and humans coexisted. It never even got started

Requiem: Post SnB:VS hype. Never even started

Looking back I think I just enjoyed the process of creating the site and didnโ€™t actually have the motivation to run it and keep it going
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,162written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I have probably a good solid like 12 different sites that are fully formed and rp-able. But will I open them? No. I probably won't. Am I working on yet another to add to that pile? Absolutely. It's been a total fascination as of late. How many sites am I currently running? One public, one private. I seem to make things in the winter time though, as most of my site ideas come between the months of October and February. Seasonal creativity at best.

pronounshe/him
734written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I have probably a good solid like 12 different sites that are fully formed and rp-able. But will I open them? No. I probably won't. Am I working on yet another to add to that pile? Absolutely. It's been a total fascination as of late. How many sites am I currently running? One public, one private. I seem to make things in the winter time though, as most of my site ideas come between the months of October and February. Seasonal creativity at best.
pls give me ur energy so i can finish just the one site i'm working on--

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,162written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I really like being an admin, but sometimes it can get kind of overwhelming being responsible for practically everything.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I really wish I had learned how to code years ago. For one, I wouldn't have to learn it now, two, I might have been able to get a job with the coding skills learned on here. I feel like the coding is what really draws possible members in over a possible concept that may or may not change later but that is just my opinion.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,802written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I keep thinking I should do some first times, cause while my site gets a lot of advertising foot traffic already, I do enjoy doing some myself. Unfortunately, by the time I remember I am too tired to deal with it or it is bedtime.