write a reply

How did you come up with your username(s)?

pronounsshe/her
328written posts
Mizoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mizo
Mizo Avatar
If you are reading this, I am beautiful.
I love how everyone here has a meaningful story behind their name and i say my reason with enough shame to rival the intensity of world wide flood in the bible;

I'm as blur as a miso soup
last edit on Sept 1, 2018 10:21:16 GMT by Mizo

pronounsShe/Her
26written posts
alyne ∞earned bits
offlinecurrently
alyne ∞
alyne ∞ Avatar
Taken by a Crow ∞
I was trying to think of a 'unique' pseudonym I can consistently use and sign my online stuff with (art, writing, etc) and Alyne was the one I came up with. Something I've never seen before when I thought of it haha

I know someone who has something interesting about her username :3 My girl
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,496written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i fear you: your silence, your blindness. see what you want to see!
Pharaoh: my friends and I ran a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP back in V4, and our staff accounts were named Pharaoh Leap (for Pharaoh Atem), Priestess Shizuka (for Priest Seto), and Thief Queen Koneko (for Thief King Bakura). We thought they were fun titles, and are still huge Yu-Gi-Oh! dorks, so Shizu and I just kept the Pharaoh and Priestess things going to this day, sdfkljhdksf.

Leap: I had to sit down and come up with an alias I stuck to, instead of swapping with every new site since friends I made weren't able to recognize me on other sites. At the time, my dad was blasting Jump by Van Halen downstairs, and (because there was a Jumpstart in the community at the time and I wanted to avoid further confusion), I came up with synonyms 'til I landed on Leap, which I thought sounded cute. c:

Later, I remembered seeing a dead OOC account on my first RP named Leap, so that may have accidentally influenced my choice, but I never actively saw them... anywhere, so I probably didn't just accidentally snag their alias???? Probably????? A victimless crime????????????????????????????

pronounsshe/her
114written posts
Crownauticearned bits
offlinecurrently
Crownautic
Crownautic Avatar
swinging swinging in this world dyed in so many colours ~ ♪
Crownautic: Actually this one is pretty simple. For a very long time I've always had a fascination for crows and I've always seen them around the neighbourhood where I used to grow (shout out to Pennsylvania being my memorable place and forcing me to go to uni now bc in-state tuition is a blessing). I've actually taken care of a crow once when I was small, I saw it before I had to leave the US to travel (I never told my parents about it). Nautic is because of nautical, I'm a military brat (I believe that's how you say it?) and I love the ocean. Maybe it's the Asian in me that wants to see more of the water, I've always loved exploration more than anything (cough I'm a Star Trek fan cough). One of the many reasons I'm pursuing archaeology and anthropology

I shorten it to either Crow or Crown or maybe Nautic. Not gonna lie, I shortened it so people dont have to see a giantic wall of text from me.
last edit on Sept 1, 2018 16:11:52 GMT by Crownautic
pronounsno preference /o/
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
perhaps i am faint glimmer —
back in the day when aliases were less of a thing, people used to call me by my character's name. tiny pretween me, being an edgy ass weaboo, had a character called kurayami (which means darkness in japanese). people called me kura a lot and it stuck. eventually, i just murdered my character, stole her identity, and now i'm most well known as kura.

i still like to go by other aliases sometimes. my current main one is kafka because i am gregor samsa. gregor samsa is franz kafka's self insert. i'm basically franz kafka. (jk i'm not. i can only dream of being as imaginative as him)
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
517written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
my username used to be "porcelain".

people started calling me "por" for short, they still do.

and then my old friend i met online called me "porsef" as a pet name. it just stuck w. me.
pronounsno preference /o/
298written posts
offlinecurrently
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
perhaps i am faint glimmer —
cline Avatar
k̾u̾r̾a̾ 💩 Avatar
back in the day when aliases were less of a thing, people used to call me by my character's name. tiny pretween me, being an edgy ass weaboo, had a character called kurayami (which means darkness in japanese). people called me kura a lot and it stuck. eventually, i just murdered my character, stole her identity, and now i'm most well known as kura.

i still like to go by other aliases sometimes. my current main one is kafka because i am gregor samsa. gregor samsa is franz kafka's self insert. i'm basically franz kafka. (jk i'm not. i can only dream of being as imaginative as him)
i like the steaming poo lmao

i'm stinky
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
I used to just go by my actual name, Michael, but I also liked my name a lot so I had a character named Michael. It just felt weird whenever I wanted to talk about my character. So I changed it to Dizzy for awhile. I choose the name simply because I liked it and I didn't see anyone using it at all. Buut then I ran into someone who actually confused me for someone else who used the name Dizzy. So I figured it was time for a change. Thus I picked out the name Mikey Mouse. Mikey comes from the nickname that a lot of my friends call me in real life and I picked mouse because they happen to be one of favorite animals. Although most of the time I don't really use Mikey Mouse. I kinda just shorten it into Mouse because that's what people ended up calling me anyway.

Also...Mickey Mouse....Mikey Mouse. I totally did it on purpose for that reason as well.
last edit on Sept 2, 2018 1:30:53 GMT by Mouse
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
back in ye olden days of neopets rp, it was common practice to make separate accounts for rp so you wouldn't get your main banned for violating one of the no-fun-allowed chat rules. the username selkie was open, so i took it. i pulled selkie from a book on mythological creatures i was into at the time. when i joined my first forum rp in ~2011, i decided 'eh, selkie will work' and it stuck.
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
87written posts
Tabrisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Tabris
Tabris Avatar
If I had not been corrupted, I'll take you along with me at that moment and hold you gently.
Don’t want to make this long so I’ll try my best to make the story short.
I’ve always been fascinated by angels (and demons) in religions though I am in no way a religious person. So I used to go by a more weeb name that’s related to angels + my real name. Except I get mistaken that I got it from this manga/anime that has the angel related word in its title and a character whose name sounds similar to mine. I didn’t. I do like that manga and the said character is actually my favourite there lol. The irony. The username however existed waaaay before I encountered the manga.

So as to shed off the weaboness, (I’m still a weeb however) I decided on ‘Tabris’, angel of free will. Kaworu/Tabris is also my favourite from Evangelion, it’s on purpose this time lol. And most of all because everything I do in life is of free will, whilst keeping in mind to only have myself take responsibility for such choices. After all, not being able to cripples my entire being so terribly. I also thought it fitted extremely well with my art too, I only do what I want to TuT

With gaming, I also use a heaven/angel related word for my username but it’s not ‘Tabris’.

⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩
pronounssorcerer
186written posts
troye saivonearned bits
offlinecurrently
troye saivon
troye saivon Avatar
we feel it with our whole body and soul
Tabris Avatar
I’ve always been fascinated by angels (and demons) in religions though I am in no way a religious person. So I used to go by a more weeb name that’s related to angels + my real name. Except I get mistaken that I got it from this manga/anime that has the angel related word in its title and a character whose name sounds similar to mine. I didn’t. I do like that manga and the said character is actually my favourite there lol. The irony. The username however existed waaaay before I encountered the manga.

So as to shed off the weaboness, (I’m still a weeb however) I decided on ‘Tabris’, angel of free will. Kaworu/Tabris is also my favourite from Evangelion, it’s on purpose this time lol. And most of all because everything I do in life is of free will, whilst keeping in mind to only have myself take responsibility for such choices. After all, not being able to cripples my entire being so terribly. I also thought it fitted extremely well with my art too, I only do what I want to TuT

With gaming, I also use a heaven/angel related word for my username but it’s not ‘Tabris’.

exposed
87written posts
Tabrisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Tabris
Tabris Avatar
If I had not been corrupted, I'll take you along with me at that moment and hold you gently.
troye saivon Avatar
Tabris Avatar

exposed

WRAT. NO :P

⬩⬩⬩⬩⬩
aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
616written posts
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒earned bits
offlinecurrently
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
Part of the Furniture
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.

i roleplayed as takashi for the first time in like '11? and it really just stuck.
the mori alias became my dominant/familiar one and it has carried over since then.
mori-senpai will live forever

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW