aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
176written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
Thereโ€™s something so funny when you know your friend took your low level pawn through all of Bitterblack Isle when they just start naming off enemies like โ€œbe wary Arisen, thatโ€™s the Voracious Devourer of Everything You Love. Tis weak to fire!โ€ and you just know that your pawn just spent the entire time being used as fodder

and likely being sacrificed to kill Death and/or Daimon. Or being used as mimic bait. My favourite thing to do is use my friends' pawns as mimic bait

last edit on Mar 2, 2024 18:01:37 GMT by Wraith
Catscape Meow!
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
176written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
I had no idea how much I needed "historical story-RPG set in 1905 Warsaw about a ghost detective investigating and solving supernatural mysteries that also happens to have Persona-like combat" until it existed and I listened to a historian talk about its portrayal of history and the particulars of the time. And it has  a very well-measured disclaimer. I have been thinking so much about magic lately and seeing an uncommonly-represented version of it that isnโ€™t just drawing from ideas/aesthetics but attempting to portray how people actually interacted with it at the time --

and itโ€™s isometric.  I'll thank Disco Elysium for opening up a lot of the general gaming public's minds to CRPGs like this.
Catscape Meow!
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
538written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
Wraith Avatar
I had no idea how much I needed "historical story-RPG set in 1905 Warsaw about a ghost detective investigating and solving supernatural mysteries that also happens to have Persona-like combat" until it existed and I listened to a historian talk about its portrayal of history and the particulars of the time. And it has  a very well-measured disclaimer. I have been thinking so much about magic lately and seeing an uncommonly-represented version of it that isnโ€™t just drawing from ideas/aesthetics but attempting to portray how people actually interacted with it at the time --

and itโ€™s isometric.  I'll thank Disco Elysium for opening up a lot of the general gaming public's minds to CRPGs like this.
Holy smokes, did we share the same braincell today?? I was literally thinking about this and now The Thaumaturge is on my Steam Wishlist. It sucks that $30USD is more like $50AUD so it looks like it'll be a next-month purchase but I really can't wait to sink my teeth into it...
last edit on Mar 5, 2024 5:46:02 GMT by ninelie
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
710written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
ninelie Avatar
Wraith Avatar

Holy smokes, did we share the same braincell today?? I was literally thinking about this and now The Thaumaturge is on my Steam Wishlist. It sucks that $30USD is more like $50AUD so it looks like it'll be a next-month purchase but I really can't wait to sink my teeth into it...

holy hell, thank you for dropping the game's name, i'm now absolutely going to check this out.

thank goodness my next paycheck is end of the week....

coming soon.
pronounshe/him
506written posts
shivearned bits
onlinecurrently
shiv
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
shiv Avatar
WTB> PRIMOGEMS
merri Avatar
nintendo please give a release date for the paper mario: thousand year door soon. i need the nostalgia and have deja vu from when i played it on the gamecube :gimme:

Happy MAR10 day. May TTYD come soon. \o/
pronounshe/him
734written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
margarita Avatar
trying WoW for the first time in like 6 years and it's better than i remember. especially since i'm playing with the right set of friends.
Dragonflight has been amazing. I'm preparing for my first major RP event appearance next week and i'm so excited.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
pronounsshe/her
13written posts
safiearned bits
offlinecurrently
safi
safi Avatar
god is in his heaven; all is right with the world
there r too many good games......

dragon's dogma at the end of the month is so exciting, still have not finished p3r, but yet im replaying divinity 2 again bc i want bg3 but also do not want to play bg3, again, bc i crave dnd content and this is the closest to it. also the pathfinder games r looking appealing again. how is one supposed to be productive under these circumstances.
pronounsshe/her
60written posts
merriearned bits
offlinecurrently
merri
merri Avatar
was thinking about computer games that i played as a kid and the memories of the discs being scratched or dusty and having to clean them. it's amazing how far technology has come
last edit on Mar 18, 2024 3:06:14 GMT by merri