gamer confessions

pronounshe/they
5written posts
marsearned bits
offlinecurrently
mars
mars Avatar
got killed by ten million pounds of sludge from new york and new jersey
after years i've finally gotten around to playing cyberpunk 2077 and when i tell u it has me in a chokehold..... every day i'm fighting my demons (stopping myself from purchasing every single guidebook, sourcebook, etc. from the original cyberpunk tabletop rpg). i'm truly in hell
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
564written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
I finally stopped procrastinating (mostly threatened with the dawning realisation that FFXIV will be under maintenance soon for the new expansion) and logged in and just... cleared out my inventory and organized my retainers. I guess I'll redecorate my hoarder estate house (it's just a dumping grounds for all the seasonal/event housing items now tbh) some other day and make it look pretty... but that day is not now

hover + icon by 旳---
aliasvelk, cyan
pronounsshe/her
58written posts
safi'jiivaearned bits
offlinecurrently
safi'jiiva
safi'jiiva Avatar
sometimes, things that are edgy are cool
ffxiv is on maintenance. i have not beaten elden ring, and i don't even think i'm close. messmer i love you but like,,,,,,,, oh my god can u fucking chill

i killed the boss after, i killed the dragon god at the top of the mountain, but yet im getting my ass handed to me by a skinny guy with a spear and a man riding a boar.
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,540written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

while i'm excited for dawntrail, i find i'm way more excited for the raid tier and fishing (ultimate). partly bc i have the fortune of being with a really cool group of people for week 1 of savage this tier, and partly i think because i just don't have a whole lot of expectations for this expansion going in
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
547written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
*breathes*

obsessing over the idea of light does not equal good, nor does dark equal bad in dark souls + elden ring. as i play through this dlc, all these similarities and crossovers just jump out to me like little friends.

how the death and the aspects of chaos and darkness go hand in hand with the core of humanity.
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
787written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
as underwhelming as the main storyline of the stray gods orpheus dlc is (will freely admit i set my expectations too high and assumed the plot was smth it Wasnt based on the leaked achievements + trailer + prior summaries), the three ending options make me feel insane in an authorial level. i blame pathologic the marble nest for making me a sucker for "how do you move on from the fact your story/life is supposed to be over but here you are still persisting against the whims of fate. so what are you gonna do about it" vibes. 

also @/summerfall let me romance eros. i want the orpheus/eros route so badly its not even funny anymore.

coming soon.
pronounsshe/her
117written posts
merriearned bits
offlinecurrently
merri
merri Avatar
Hoyo letting the Zenless Zone Zero producers add a skip dialogue button is so annoying to me as a Genshin/HSR player because, look, sometimes I actually don't care about the little itty bitty side quests that are either blocking me from continuing main story or what have you.

Add it into Genshin and HSR, you cowards. (And while you're at it, bring back a nice summer event like the Golden Apple Archipelago for Genshin, please, and thanks.)

I am also curious as to how the reception will be for ZZZ and if it's going to somehow tie into the whole Honkai/Genshin lore. Personally, I'm not a fan of futuristic/cyberpunk/apocalyptic settings, so I probably will pass.
last edit on Jun 28, 2024 16:47:25 GMT by merri
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,350written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
merri Avatar
Hoyo letting the Zenless Zone Zero producers add a skip dialogue button is so annoying to me as a Genshin/HSR player because, look, sometimes I actually don't care about the little itty bitty side quests that are either blocking me from continuing main story or what have you.

Add it into Genshin and HSR, you cowards. (And while you're at it, bring back a nice summer event like the Golden Apple Archipelago for Genshin, please, and thanks.)

I am also curious as to how the reception will be for ZZZ and if it's going to somehow tie into the whole Honkai/Genshin lore. Personally, I'm not a fan of futuristic/cyberpunk/apocalyptic settings, so I probably will pass.

okay but if we're talking about we're talking about mhy bringing qol mechanics they introduced in later ones into earlier ones-

petition for previous events being accessible after the event ends (which honkai star rail + tears of themis have) being something they add to genshin, because i am so tired of them introducing major lore (universe or character) in limited-time events that are entirely inaccessible in-game after the event period + that new/returning players wouldn't know to look for

also an "auto-battle" function for domains, especially earlier ones. i know genshin is real-time combat and not turn-based like the same two games, but listen, i am so tired of farming domains, it's just a constantly tedious chore that isn't even remotely fun anymore