aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,543written posts
offlinecurrently
retired main character
Part of the Furniture
retired main character Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
not me having a dream that there are, in fact, ao3 fics about underprin 😭 (i’ve decided already im gonna be writing thr only underprin fic to ever exist)

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,543written posts
offlinecurrently
retired main character
Part of the Furniture
Me: another edgy regression manhwa with op mc you cant make me reas this
The regression manhwa: *has older and younger brother mc*
Me: woah woah hey im awake…

242written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
Damn, Venti's backstory is kinda sad.

Kinich's friendship lore is also super heavy, though. Why does the game look so carefree but have so many gutpunches
last edit on Sept 27, 2024 11:01:05 GMT by traveller
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,543written posts
offlinecurrently
retired main character
Part of the Furniture
Watashi was suyairymrks… *mumbles gibberish bc i dont remember the rest of mephisto by queen bee*

242written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
Man, I haven't had this much fun in months. Should've given Genshin a chance way earlier; I feel a little sad that all these NPCs in Liyue reference Fontaine, Sumeru, Inazuma and I know I can just pop on over and visit those locations rather than spend weeks fantasising about what the places could be like.

Ah well.

I somehow managed to remain almost entirely unspoiled (I know Fontaine has some court thingermajig, Nahida has something to do with memories, Scaramouche is an evil dude who has something to do with a gnosis), so it's been a lot of fun. Just arrived at Inazuma, and although I pulled Kaedehara because he looked cute, I don't really like his in-game portrayal as some flawless beacon of amazing.
pronounsshe/her
122written posts
merriearned bits
offlinecurrently
merri
merri Avatar
traveller Avatar
Man, I haven't had this much fun in months. Should've given Genshin a chance way earlier; I feel a little sad that all these NPCs in Liyue reference Fontaine, Sumeru, Inazuma and I know I can just pop on over and visit those locations rather than spend weeks fantasising about what the places could be like.

Ah well.

I somehow managed to remain almost entirely unspoiled (I know Fontaine has some court thingermajig, Nahida has something to do with memories, Scaramouche is an evil dude who has something to do with a gnosis), so it's been a lot of fun. Just arrived at Inazuma, and although I pulled Kaedehara because he looked cute, I don't really like his in-game portrayal as some flawless beacon of amazing.

Inazuma had so much potential from a writing POV, but it suffers from just what you pointed out. When I sit and think about many of the main Inazuma characters, a good majority suffer from being "all-knowing" and "flawless".

Yae Miko being my main gripe for this. I might be one of the few who genuinely doesn't like her.

In terms of writing, I feel like Fontaine has some of the strongest writing for characters as well as story.

It is nice to hear you're having so much fun, though!!!! Genshin just turned 4 years old today and has gotten a lot of flak (both necessary and kinda unnecessary), so it's such a breath of fresh air to hear someone getting into it and liking it. The music is some of my favorite video game music. Yu Peng Chen knew what he was doing before he moved on.
last edit on Sept 27, 2024 20:47:35 GMT by merri
242written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
merri Avatar
traveller Avatar

Ah well.

Inazuma had so much potential from a writing POV, but it suffers from just what you pointed out. When I sit and think about many of the main Inazuma characters, a good majority suffer from being "all-knowing" and "flawless".
My main gripe is when we meet him on Beidou's boat and during the little tournament thingermajig afterwards, he's basically narratively Tone-Deaf Bard v2.

He does poetry, helps us out for no discernible reason other than that he's nice, kinda mysterious, and he is immensely in-tune with the wind to the point of tracking a thief several kilometres past the islands (assuming we convert in-game distance to real life distances) just by following the wind.

Like, is he supposed to be the Anemo Archon? Why's he so great at this? What's his deal? Just happy he doesn't seem to come along to Inazuma.

I actually really dig the Natlan story, I fast-forwarded to it because of the primos but stayed for the gripping story. Some of the beats were really obvious, but I think building up to something and delivering it straight-forwardedly works really well too on both of the occassions that they did it.

Still gotta do Mualani and Kachina's tribal quests, but I'm trying to get my AR up to 45 and do Inazuma first, so I can finally Ascend Kazuha and start building towards endgame builds for the primo income. All these tiny Adventure Quests are actually kinda fun.
aliasxeno
pronounsshe/her
40written posts
xenoearned bits
offlinecurrently
xeno
xeno Avatar
ink Avatar
i want to write something with insane lore again. i want to be buried in wikipedia pages. where is the site that will allow me to do this

when vanaheimr comes out it will basically be like this... safi put so much lore in it
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW