the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
350written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
why do i have to be overwhelmed or underwhelmed? why can't i just be whelmed?
last edit on May 31, 2023 19:53:47 GMT by tenebrae
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,368written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
bex Avatar
is jcink premium actually worth it?

for me personally, the answer is yes.

i personally appreciate the sense of reassurance i get out of having such a huge storage bank to use for skinning resources (images, scripts, fonts, ad + aff images, etc) as well as the ability to write on a site where i don't really have to think too hard about whether or not i'm "too spicy" for the site rating (the self-policing is probably far more effective than any actual reviewers for that, l-lol). the storage space one is especially huge with nickpic going down, since our site decided to offer the ability for established members to host their account images directly on the site itself if they preferred to solve the image hosting problem once and for all. i've never personally had to use the expedited support option, but it's been nice to have that in my back pocket too.

the way i look at it, i'm getting far more than the < $10 a month i pay for premium in enjoyment i get out of jcink's services, especially when i do use an adblocker, so i'm happy to put a little money back in their pocket to keep the service running. i also think it's a lot more of a cost-effective expense than a skin is now, even to get it at a reduced multisale price, since it's relevant for a whole lot longer + i can purchase it on my test site so that i can add urls for new sites or remove urls for dead ones.

i do wish though that they had options for getting fewer forums at a lower price. being able to add 5 extra urls isn't really useful if i'm really only ever gonna use maybe 3 at most, if that, and i'm too over-cautious to feel comfortable sharing my subscription unless it's a really close friend + i'm actively on the site i'm sharing it with.

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
814written posts
bexearned bits
offlinecurrently
bex
Part of the Furniture
bex Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
thank you for your post, i was heavily debating just tagging you in the post originally LMAO 

but ever since nickpic was shut down, and esp with how it was shut down, i've been wanting to think of a back up means to store my shit and jcink might be a good solution without having to spend a lot of $$$$. 
the chalk prince
aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
978written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
wooooooo. i love when people ask me why i'm ill/in pain all the time despite knowing that i have chronic pain and an autoimmune disorder. i especially love when ppl make it out to be my fault
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
814written posts
bexearned bits
offlinecurrently
bex
Part of the Furniture
bex Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
yuan Avatar
wooooooo. i love when people ask me why i'm ill/in pain all the time despite knowing that i have chronic pain and an autoimmune disorder. i especially love when ppl make it out to be my fault

Ayo chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia gang rise up
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW