Post a Random Thought

pronounsking
85written posts
kaeearned bits
offlinecurrently
kae
kae Avatar
Wraith Avatar
I had this experience of being surprised at how detailed plotting is now, compared to the sites I played on back when I did the most significant amount of RP. I’ve since adapted to a lot of changes and I can adapt to this one as well . And my mind has been opened to coin flips/dice rolls lately, just to add to it all

There's merits to planning and obviously major things should be discussed or touched upon at some point to ensure everything’s on board and all that, but I do have lots of fun not-quite-knowing what will happen next. There is a balance to strike, which can really depend on who you're writing with and the characters invovled as well

I’m on maybe a 20% planned / 80% emergent preference, and of course, this isn’t really set-in-stone, but it is fun assigning percentages to things

i'd have to agree! coin flips and dice rolls are great in terms of not completely controlling the environment/narrative and giving your character different situations to respond to on the fly.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
i usually like going into threads that have a general idea of where the thread is going to go. as for how we get there? leave it up to tatsubot lol

pronounshe/him
418written posts
Salmonearned bits
offlinecurrently
Salmon
Salmon Avatar
bex Avatar
Salmon Avatar
After watching two episodes I have come to the conclusion that JJK is Inuyasha for straight people
how? having seen both of them it's like comparing apples to oranges imo. 

I’m only two episodes in so I’ve got very limited knowledge on JJK and I haven’t watched Inuyasha since I was a wee lad and I just. Never finished it BUT just bcs I thought it was funny
- all powerful item(s?) split into multiples and an urgent task to reassemble/gather he missing pieces
- eating the pieces is a coin toss between making you stronger or straight up not a good time
It’s only two points but it’s weird that it happened twice right? (/ref)

I mean I’m having a fun time either way it just made me go hehe
pronounshe/him
796written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
sometimes it's not that someone doesn't like u and the site is cliquey, it's that they just have a million billion threads with a bunch of people and can't always keep up with more.

this is part of why i'm starting to limit how many threads i have with one person rn until we finish the threads we're currently in. i love writing with many people on this site, but i wanna 1) finish our threads and 2) have at least some energy for new members, considering i play a pretty important role in two groups on this site.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,567written posts
offlinecurrently
next khunbam hug when
Part of the Furniture
next khunbam hug when Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
no i

i'm coding again and i stil hate it