aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
978written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
Salmon Avatar
I cannot understand the love people have for JJK Geto. What do people see in that man??? I know what they see but I can’t get past the whole genocide thing
lbr 99.5% of it is because of the getogojo yaoiz
pronounshe/him
418written posts
Salmonearned bits
offlinecurrently
Salmon
Salmon Avatar
yuan Avatar
Salmon Avatar
I cannot understand the love people have for JJK Geto. What do people see in that man??? I know what they see but I can’t get past the whole genocide thing
lbr 99.5% of it is because of the getogojo yaoiz

Oh for sure. Until the movie I was like mmmm yes and but then he said the word monkey and both my housemate and I physically cringed. We just started Hidden Inventory/ Premature Death tonight but no matter how tragic they try to make him I’m simply nawt into it
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
805written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
i don't get angry when i'm pissed; i'm the eternal optimist.
the mom of one of my closest rl friends just told me about how much my rl friend loves and cares for me and the small amount of people in our mutual friend group, so much so that my rl friend told her "if i died today, these are the people i want to be with". and idk, maybe i'm just tipsy, but hearing that after a particularly rough emotional day for me just... rlly made me feel a certain kind of way. warm and full of love, in the kind of way poets only write about. dang.

update: rl friend did her going away speech and said that she firmly believes the quote “friends are the family you find for yourself” applies to her relationship with us, and if a bitch wasn’t already crying after her talk w the mom, she certainly is now. genuinely still in awe about how lucky i am with the friend groups i have.
last edit on Sept 16, 2023 15:31:47 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
812written posts
bexearned bits
offlinecurrently
bex
Part of the Furniture
bex Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
Wraith Avatar
open to more friends but also "there needs to be an extremely obvious indication that this person wants to be my friend otherwise i will believe i'm bothersome" ... which is usually just actually saying "hey, let's be friends" or sending me a friend req on Discord/asking for my ID
Mood. There’s something about trying to make friends once you become an adult that is just so much harder for some reason lol
pronounsAny
590written posts
offlinecurrently
Extra Dimensional Cat
Part of the Furniture
Extra Dimensional Cat Avatar
bex Avatar
Wraith Avatar
open to more friends but also "there needs to be an extremely obvious indication that this person wants to be my friend otherwise i will believe i'm bothersome" ... which is usually just actually saying "hey, let's be friends" or sending me a friend req on Discord/asking for my ID
Mood. There’s something about trying to make friends once you become an adult that is just so much harder for some reason lol
Generally, it’s because we tolerate less bs. Just from what I noticed.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
bex Avatar

There's actually a reason for this! lol

fun facts that no one asked for: the reason its easier to make friends in school/workplaces is because of the amount of time we're forced to spend with a group of people. i dont recall the amount of hours exactly but i think it was like 20 hours for close acquaintances, 50 hours for full friendship or something like that. the more time you spend with someone the more likely it is to be a friendship, but we're no longer forced into those kinds of situationships once we're out of school and not seeing the same people day after day after day. making it harder to find and maintain friendships in adult lives.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Not to be too "old man yells at cloud", but I think a big part of it is the commodification of our attention, particularly the way social media has reshaped our interactions. It's an open secret that the recipe for hitting those participation metrics that algorithms love is to tap into peoples' anger, and I am constantly seeing that same standard infiltrate all other aspects of life. We gradually spotlight more and more of these interactions, and accidentally normalize them on a grand scale.

Stupid news pieces "slamming" so-and-so, innocuous everydayman ragebait questions, memes that exist solely for dunking on outgroups, shit even that one game getting a subpar review recently and the "scandal" around that even though literally no one gave a crap about that company's reviews and still doesn't after — it's all a temporary blip, but then it got the like, comment, or reaction, so our outrage culture forever skews more and more towards manipulation.

But people are not participation metrics and anger cannot fill a life. We need more than a temporary sense of vindication to be happy, and while snarky comments about a mutual hate can start a conversation, it can't instill in us a sense of worth. We've all formed these kinds of relationships, but none of them are sustainable; they either grow into something with actual empathy and work or we outgrow them entirely. I worry how many people don't even realize that they've become the tar pit in their relationships because we're all just emulating what we see and fear the criticisms of the hollow, empty leeches if we actually arse ourselves to try.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
to be fair, and perhaps I'm just interpreting the above message incorrectly... (but I'm also not sure what it's about in general)

I think the reason people do this is because so many of them are so angry at like... -waves at the state of the world currently- and they need an outlet for that anger. It's easier to hate than it is to trust or to love. Anger and hatred it outwards feeling, while love, friendship, trust and the like are all introspective. It does suck for the overall population that the media is using fear and anger to fuel everyone else. But there are still safe spaces to get news and media without the fear-mongering algorithms. My tiktok feed is the most random shit ever, and super unhinged lol. that or cute kittens or cows. -shrug-

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW