1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
ditto become human Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
*reads into safe binding*
*reads about how hot it can be*

Ahh well crud this aint happening them I ALREADY HAVE HEAT INSULTION PROBLEMS THERE

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
791written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
oh, i leave quite an impression; five feet, to be exact.
accepted a gig to get paid for dm-ing a dnd game in a december con and that alongside the 2 publications i'm writing for + my solo trip in a few weeks is making my last stretch of the year look s t a c k e d with touching grass

honestly super excited? let's heckin go
last edit on Sept 18, 2024 12:26:41 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
it’s raining and whenever it does kaiba’s green haired face just pops up in my head…

sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
reisen Avatar
okay, i take it back

the forum scene is alive and kicking, let's jump into some premades y'all

I have no beef with the subject and I debated whether I should respond to this. The whole subject about forum rp being dead appears to get brought up in a very aggravating manner that doesn’t make anyone happy. It seems more so a venting than any desire for a discussion. In the first place, and I mean no offense to you, saying “rping is dead” without context in an rp community site will only appear hostile. It can even appear as troll baiting, and it got the exact desire of illiciting reactions.

Secondly, I think people should be aware that “x is dead” is very vague. We all have different definitions and borderlines about it, hence why everyone’s reactions seem to point to extreme.

I agree with Neko in that this just isn’t going anywhere with how the topic is cropping. It’s only making everyone unhappy with each other and the situation.

My personal side is that everyone is being silly and too serious. But I also understand that the feelings of frustration are genuine for them. It’s easy to be more callous being older now, but I do recognize now that invalidating how others feel is no better than what I always hated being treated. Even if I don’t agree with it.

Anyway, what I want to say is, I’m sorry you’re frustrated. I’m starting to feel a bit sad seeing this unfold. I hope you feel better soon.

the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,546written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

whenever the discussions about the rp scene dying or changing arise, i always have to remind myself that the melancholy i feel for how things used to be is less about the community itself, or the sites i was a part of, and more to do with my nostalgia for a time in my life that was easier. i write less these days. energy and muse can be so hard to come by in adulthood. but i always find myself coming back. the rp community will always survive so long as we are here, even if it changes shape over time. there may be no one else that shares my exact sentiment; however, i do think that feeling a nostalgia for The Way Things Were is incredibly natural and human, but allowing that to influence how we feel about The Way Things Are Now may also get in the way of our ability to truly live in the moment and appreciate what we do have.

i have changed. it makes sense that my surroundings have too. and after taking a very healthy break from rp while certain things in my life sorted themselves out, i'm glad to know that this hobby, and this space, have always been here to return to.

i hope all of us find what we are looking for
last edit on Sept 18, 2024 19:15:06 GMT by ulla
pronounsAny
571written posts
offlinecurrently
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁
Part of the Furniture
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
If anything I'd like to talk about skewing back towards lower expectations and making rp a "free" hobby again. Not everyone has the money to fork over for expensive custom skins, templates, or graphics. If they do and they want those things it's fine but too often I see someone turn their nose up because someone doesn't have as pretty of graphics or has an edited skin that many sites have used so now it's simply not good enough.

Even premades cost money, and a good chunk of money too, if they aren't the free variety. Not all people have that kind of money to toss at a hobby that's meant to be relaxing. It's not supposed to be a popularity contest or pissing match.

Maybe some people need to step back and remember that. It's almost like some people forget what having fun is...
last edit on Sept 18, 2024 19:23:16 GMT by 𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁

236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
Maybe some people need to step back and remember that. It's almost like some people forget what having fun is...
I've been there, honestly. Looking back, when I was having a miserable time, I seemed too preoccupied with everything that was wrong and unfun, and lost sight of the things that gave me joy. Started becoming convinced that everything around me wasn't worth the effort, that the things that sparked joy stopped existing, et cetera.

I think it can be difficult to remember to have fun when you're in a place where some fun is desperately needed...it's just that bad circumstances make it difficult to appreciate fun.

It's like how people don't like sites dying within a month. Me? I just like to think I had a month of fun. If I wanted to write stories from start to finish, I'd pen a novel.
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW