Sites You Want To See

pronounsshe/her
159written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
cryptid Avatar
a bnha rp that's not super complicated, and not..... ugly.... i know it's shallow but i can't help it orz
I emotionally FEEL this. I love pokemon, bnha, and w/e action based rp as much as the next guy, but I kinda dread those that are wayyy too complicated. Like I'm here for a good time, not to do work idk
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Something based on Subnautica or the 100 - where characters are either plopped down on an alien earth, either on purpose (insert reason here), or by accident (maybe their spaceship exploded). There's many ways to go about this: Characters could be placed all over, forcing them to figure out what happened and find each other again. Maybe they have to find a way to rebuild - and not necessarily "rebuild civilization", but like, build themselves somewhere to sleep and eat.

Characters would have to work together to figure out tf is happening, gather resources, expand and go on adventures together. Maybe they all work nicely together - or maybe they want different groups and divide into different groups working towards their goals. Characters fighting about who should be the leader, and characters refusing to abide by any laws.
pronounsD A R K
273written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
A site with heavy lore that lasts more than 3 damn months. : )
last edit on May 3, 2020 19:23:26 GMT by 𝓛𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,363written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
i never thought i'd say this but....... literally any well-made high-quality pokemon site that isn't absolutely massive / been around for years and years and shows it

(which, just to be clear, i mean this in absolutely no offense to any pokemon sites currently out there, i just..... am low-key in shock that there's such slim pickings for what's normally far and away one of the most popular animanga genres and high-key just wanting more options than the small handful of sites currently out there)

pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
Kuroya Avatar
i never thought i'd say this but....... literally any well-made high-quality pokemon site that isn't absolutely massive / been around for years and years and shows it

(which, just to be clear, i mean this in absolutely no offense to any pokemon sites currently out there, i just..... am low-key in shock that there's such slim pickings for what's normally far and away one of the most popular animanga genres and high-key just wanting more options than the small handful of sites currently out there)
I feel ya there. The main pokemon site I've been on has been around for several years, but has a relatively small community. It'd be nice to see more pokemon sites though.
4,363written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
styrofoam eater Avatar
I feel ya there. The main pokemon site I've been on has been around for several years, but has a relatively small community. It'd be nice to see more pokemon sites though.

i mean. i just honestly don't really like super massive sites for a lot of reasons but i also really don't like pokesites that have been around for too long just because they tend to stratify out really fast in terms of the super established players versus the absolute newbies and i just... don't really tend to enjoy my experience when i'm basically trying to run around leveling up my basic level 5 starter while most of the core memberbase is chilling with level 100 megas, y'feel? (which this is something i feel for more than just pokemon too - i'm not really a huge fan of a lot of sites with leveling / progression that are set up in similar ways, like digimon or vrmmos, just because it doesn't tend to take very long for the site to stratify out and i just... i'm here to have a good time, man, not worry about grinding to catch up with the rest of the site.)

but that also just. builds right in with me wanting some variety to my choices beyond the same very small number of pokemon sites currently out there, all of whom seem to either be really huge or super established (or both).
last edit on May 7, 2020 0:25:42 GMT by Kuroya

pronounshe, him
561written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
styrofoam eater Avatar
i mean. i just honestly don't really like super massive sites for a lot of reasons but i also really don't like pokesites that have been around for too long just because they tend to stratify out really fast in terms of the super established players versus the absolute newbies and i just... don't really tend to enjoy my experience when i'm basically trying to run around leveling up my basic level 5 starter while most of the core memberbase is chilling with level 100 megas, y'feel? (which this is something i feel for more than just pokemon too - i'm not really a huge fan of a lot of sites with leveling / progression that are set up in similar ways, like digimon or vrmmos, just because it doesn't tend to take very long for the site to stratify out and i just... i'm here to have a good time, man, not worry about grinding to catch up with the rest of the site.)

but that also just. builds right in with me wanting some variety to my choices beyond the same very small number of pokemon sites currently out there, all of whom seem to either be really huge or super established (or both).

Something i've taken away from seeing stuff like this so many times across many genres that use systems is that I have a preference to front load new characters to be at a reasonable level and then keep the progression slow paced. I think it is more enjoyable if new blood can still pose a challenge and old blood only has a moderate advantage.
4,363written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
Sharp Avatar
Something i've taken away from seeing stuff like this so many times across many genres that use systems is that I have a preference to front load new characters to be at a reasonable level and then keep the progression slow paced. I think it is more enjoyable if new blood can still pose a challenge and old blood only has a moderate advantage.

i mean, there is a certain value in that, but after a certain point, even that becomes largely unfeasible. (like real talk, there's like.... 4, 5, 6 pokemon sites that have been running for like 5+ years by this point, and even if almost all of the community hasn't been there from the start, there's still gonna be characters that have been there for years compared to everyone else). and i honestly don't know what the answer is since like....... imo as a newbie, i would super appreciate some kind of "newbie bonus" system that would help me catch up faster, but as an older member, i would be understandably annoyed if i'd been there for two years working my tail off to get to level 70 and then some new member burns through to 70 within a few months.

which isn't necessarily to slam on sites that use leveling/progression systems! if that's what people like, hey, go for it, and i can even understand the appeal from a certain standpoint. i just. personally have a very limited window where i'm willing to actually consider sites with those kinds of systems, and after that point, i tend to lose interest just because i don't find it appealing to play at level 1 when i'm surrounded by people who are level 25+.

which i guess to make a related "site i would like to see" - honestly, any kind of system-heavy site that's made the conscious choice to do away with most/all of the systems (or structure them so as to be simple enough that the "power difference" between new members and old members is so minuscule as to be largely moot in the grand scheme of things) and just let things be what they are because y'all are doing fantastic work and i would love to see more sites that are focused more on just existing in the worlds of these grind-heavy genres over largely gamifying the experience.
last edit on May 7, 2020 2:07:52 GMT by Kuroya

pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
I just want a nice animanga fandom RP with some progression mechanics that I can use to unwind, ya feel? I like progression mechanics because it provides a feeling of personal accomplishment, but like... Iunno, some of the ones I've seen are so highly complex that I just close the tab and go watch broadway clips on youtube lmao.
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
I saw an anime recently where these characters have "crests" that they can power up or pass to other characters.

Kinda-like Digital Data except for flat out killing the digimon to lvl up. I think this would be an interesting mechanic to base a roleplay around. Maybe it could be a Letter or color system?

Some inherit through blood, killing monsters, or getting others to swear loyalty to them.

Edit later: Maybe A is reaching Angel Levels, then Z is Demonic levels.
---------- M would be Apprentices or people who just earned their first family crest.
------------ The rank Type will change base on Individual's Skills, Choices, and Ranking Focus.
last edit on May 8, 2020 14:58:43 GMT by Ginger