the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
metawolf Avatar
tenebrae Avatar
.hack, or something similar. just people roleplaying their characters in a slightly more advanced mmorpg (bonus points if it's a scifi MMO). with events and rampant ai (that are also playable). hackers, GMs, Noobs. Just no "trapped in a videogame / if you die in the game you die irl" stuff. it's been done to death lol

Have you tried .hack infinity?

I'm apart of there actually xD
pronounshe/him/his
145written posts
kewkewearned bits
offlinecurrently
kewkew
kewkew Avatar
Tyler Avatar
Honestly, just anything Digimon at this point. Ghost Game has me in the mood for it, and with Survive on the horizon next month, I would really like to write in a Digimon setting.

Tried to run one at the end of last summer, riding of the 2020 reboot hype, but alas- a school year back in person was not compatible with life.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Yes! I second (or third?) Digimon. I haven't written in the world in years, and it would be nice to revisit it. ♥

I also thought a rough concept for a Pokemon panfandom was pretty cool. I'd like to see that one day still.

An equally nostalgic part of me wouldn't mind an AU Soul Eater site, though I understand why it makes people nervous. Probably the meister/weapon system, with all the pitfalls and logistics that would entail.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
lilac Avatar
Yes! I second (or third?) Digimon. I haven't written in the world in years, and it would be nice to revisit it. ♥

I also thought a rough concept for a Pokemon panfandom was pretty cool. I'd like to see that one day still.

An equally nostalgic part of me wouldn't mind an AU Soul Eater site, though I understand why it makes people nervous. Probably the meister/weapon system, with all the pitfalls and logistics that would entail.
a pokemon panfandom would be awesome. I don't know why that hasn't been created yet!
the waking storm
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
okay, hear me out. an rp inspired by a mixture of street fighter, tekken, and early dragon ball/z. where the biggest boast was that some martial artist blew a hole in the moon a thousand years ago. where the earthen government tries to control the rise of ki/spirit users with special programs and initiatives afraid of losing its dwindling power. where space travel and planetary colonization have become the next "new frontier". and where space-faring aliens are vying for power in the greater galaxies with an unprepared humanity completely oblivious to the galactic struggle. and somewhere in there, there's a new worldwide tournament ready to crown the newest "world champ" for the next coming decade. so, one big epic 80's/90's shounen anime rp, basically.
last edit on Jul 8, 2022 19:04:48 GMT by tenebrae
pronounsking
85written posts
kaeearned bits
onlinecurrently
kae
kae Avatar
tenebrae Avatar
okay, hear me out. an rp inspired by a mixture of street fighter, tekken, and early dragon ball/z. where the biggest boast was that some martial artist blew a hole in the moon a thousand years ago. where the earthen government tries to control the rise of ki/spirit users with special programs and initiatives afraid of losing its dwindling power. where space travel and planetary colonization have become the next "new frontier". and where space-faring aliens are vying for power in the greater galaxies with an unprepared humanity completely oblivious to the galactic struggle. and somewhere in there, there's a new worldwide tournament ready to crown the newest "world champ" for the next coming decade. so, one big epic 80's/90's shounen anime rp, basically.

ngl u ate this up.

i felt like i was sitting on a rug floor watching toonami when i read this
last edit on Jul 8, 2022 21:10:13 GMT by kae
the waking storm
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
kae Avatar
tenebrae Avatar
ngl u ate this up.

i felt like i was sitting on a rug floor watching toonami when i read this

i-i'm flattered! ;w; it was a mix of an old idea I had a year or so ago. mixed with that new dbz fan animation "legend - a dragon ball tale". it was just the jumpstart i needed. xD i honestly hope someone makes it. they can take my idea and not even credit me lol i just want it to exist! ;w;
256written posts
The Lawearned bits
onlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
dreams Avatar

i kind of want an animated/animanga superhero rpg. There was one like a year or two ago and it never went anywhere -- I always thought it was brilliant.

like have all the heroes/villians from the marvel and dc universes with their powers and similar occupations, but like have different fcs/characters for them? like an alternate universe/storyline that doesn't strictly depend on the cinematic universe(s) or comics. like imagine how fire it would be to have lelouch lamperage as stephan strange, or asuka langley as jean grey

This totally resonates with me, but if only due to some really fun threads I had on Comic Book Resources forums years ago. Back then, there was this series of threads called "Fantasy Recasting", where we attempt to retell the events of Marvel/DC story arcs, but with the involved characters being recast using characters from other franchises. Like, one I remembered was a fantasy recasting of Infinity War. (the story arc in the comics) Also reminds me of some of my old RP buddies of mine from Hyakuji High School who did Elseworlds-style reinterpretations of animanga characters. Like for example, making Kagura Hinata from H²O: Footprints in the Sand a friggin' Stand User. XD (With her Stand being none other than the ghost of her deceased sister, Otoha)

This concept seriously has potential.

A multi-anime shared universe high school RP, est. 2016! In the process of restructuring and rebooting! Estimated re-opening date: End 2024 to Q1 2025
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
432written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
The Law Avatar
dreams Avatar
i kind of want an animated/animanga superhero rpg. There was one like a year or two ago and it never went anywhere -- I always thought it was brilliant.

like have all the heroes/villians from the marvel and dc universes with their powers and similar occupations, but like have different fcs/characters for them? like an alternate universe/storyline that doesn't strictly depend on the cinematic universe(s) or comics. like imagine how fire it would be to have lelouch lamperage as stephan strange, or asuka langley as jean grey

This totally resonates with me, but if only due to some really fun threads I had on Comic Book Resources forums years ago. Back then, there was this series of threads called "Fantasy Recasting", where we attempt to retell the events of Marvel/DC story arcs, but with the involved characters being recast using characters from other franchises. Like, one I remembered was a fantasy recasting of Infinity War. (the story arc in the comics) Also reminds me of some of my old RP buddies of mine from Hyakuji High School who did Elseworlds-style reinterpretations of animanga characters. Like for example, making Kagura Hinata from H²O: Footprints in the Sand a friggin' Stand User. XD (With her Stand being none other than the ghost of her deceased sister, Otoha)

Another concept that really got me into RPing back then in the superhero genre was the idea of a superhero school similar to Sky High, where people were trained to either become heroes or sidekicks. It was really fun to come up with the powers and for staff to decide which powers belonged in the hero track and which ones belonged to the sidekick track!
aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
569written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
dreams Avatar

i remember being on a site with this very same concept back in 2017-2018 (i miss my joseph joestar remy lebeau/gambit and my yukako yamagishi diana prince/wonder woman!) what a wonderful experience that was.

the best kind of superhero sites i've been on were either school focused featuring feuding hero vs villain academies, kinda like the 'school for good and evil' book series or career track like hero agencies vs villain guilds, sponsorships, endorsements... you know, the kind of stuff real-life celebrities pursue (i remember there being a sidekick program where the admins would pair young upstarts with established veteran heroes/villains). both concepts were more or less about gaining character recognition/reputation by participating in IC activities and events.
last edit on Jul 10, 2022 1:55:12 GMT by PHIMBO
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
806written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
Asu Avatar
The Law Avatar

Another concept that really got me into RPing back then in the superhero genre was the idea of a superhero school similar to Sky High, where people were trained to either become heroes or sidekicks. It was really fun to come up with the powers and for staff to decide which powers belonged in the hero track and which ones belonged to the sidekick track!

ugh yes please